Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I be 'more useful' in public matches as utility Warframes?

mosaickle

Question

So in public matches, playing damage Warframes is quite simple, you go in, you dish out your damage and kill as much stuff as you can.

But as a person who likes to play utility Warframes more (e.g. Nyx, Trinity etc), what do I 'do' if I wanna go in and CC/EV things, but by the time I get there all the enemies are basically dead? 

I don't know about initiating either since both Nyx and Trin are fairly innately squishy and for Trin with her Link, by the time I finish fasting Link my allies would've caught up and then killed everyone, happens in basically every game

4 answers to this question

If you're doing fast missions like exterminate with Nyx and Trin, then I would suggest learning how to move quickly. A fast way to travel in a straight line is to spam roll (Hold Shift to sprint, tap Ctrl to slide, tape Shift to roll to move quickly), and if you're going into a room, bullet jump and then roll and double jump (Hold Ctrl+Space followed by Space+Shift) and enemies will have a hard time shooting you. Your job as a Nyx would be to CC everyone in the room before they are able to shoot your allies. Once you cast Chaos, your job is pretty much done. As a Trin, you need to learn how to read the map. Learn which enemies are worth EV'ing, are your allies close enough to get the energy, and keep an eye on teammate health to know exactly when to cast Bless.

If you're doing more stationary missions like mobile defense and excavation, then you don't have to worry as much about moving, but your job mostly stays the same. But now, there's an even bigger incentive for you to keep an eye out on dangerous enemies. If your frame lacks damage, then bring a strong weapon with good mods. Most damage frames are good at clearing trash mobs that are plentiful, but not very hard to kill, so when an enemy like a Heavy Gunner/Bombard, Corpus Tech/Nullifier, or Disruptor/Healer Ancient spawns, prioritize killing them while the damage frames kill everything else.

Utility won't have as big of an impact as damaging abilities, especially early on. So if you like playing utility frames, make sure you have strong mods on your weapon.

Edited by Xionyde134

41 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

Utility won't have as big of an impact as damaging abilities, especially early on. So if you like playing utility frames, make sure you have strong mods on your weapon.

I think this is why, thanks for the insight