Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems With Auras

SpaceBoxing

With the new Aura system, I can't use 99% of my "Artifacts"

I have about 8 Artifacts and now I can only use 1 because the polarity on all of them is the - but the polarity on my Aura Slot is a V so now I can only use Sniper Scavenger when I want to use Enemy Radar.

Damnit, DE.  Did you not even read chat during the livestream when you revealed you were changing them into cards?  Chat was spammed with people going "NOoooooo!!!!"

This is not ok.  I have to forma my Vauban AGAIN just to make room for this now useless "aura"

kJTMF2r.jpg

I like the new system, with polarities and everything. I like how it allows us to enhance the effects of favored traits, and encourages players to use different auras then just 'energy syphon'

two things though, they never fixed the issue which makes people prize energy syphon above all others in the first place, the fact that energy does not regenerate except via random pick ups. 

second, auras now take up MORE of my precious frame mod space. I can't afford to forma or potato every frame I so much as try out just so I can fit mods on it. 

My suggestions are then as follows;

1) give us a base energy regeneration rate, which can be further improved by energy syphon

1a) perhaps link energy regen to shield regen rates, i.e. shield damage/regeneration temporally suspends energy regen while occuring

2) the opportunity cost of equipping an aura is way to high when tied to frame mods, as we already have an over-saturation of choices to worry about there. Instead, I propose we tie Auras to SENTINELS instead. It makes sense conceptually, as sentinels serve as support units, we currently have less saturation among sentinel mods so players actually have ROOM to include addittional aura mods on sentinels, and the effect can be lost if the sentinel in question is destroyed, so aura effects can potentially be made more powerful without them becoming win buttons even when stacked.

as for polarities, it think it's clear which would be which, Wyrm for (D) auras, DethCube for (V) auras and Shade for (-) auras