Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Helmets, Cool Looks, A Couple Questionable Stats.

AscendantWyvern

I can start by saying that most of the helmets look pretty sweet, but looking at the trade offs they give...

Saryn Chlora: +stamina -power duration (power duration is a powerful thing to have for Saryn)

Vauban Gamit: +stamina -power duration (this is a trap warframe, power duration is a must)

Loki Swindle: +power range -health (Loki is weak enough, would you trade it off for sending your Decoy further away?)

Trinity Meridian: +Shields -Power efficiency (Trinity NEEDS that power effeciency, ten times more than she needs shields.)

The other helmet seem of equal and worthy trade off. I'm simply wondering why these stats were chosen. It seems to make a bit more sense to reverse the trade offs (Vauban and Saryn get Power duration in exchange for stamina, Loki gets health in exchange for power range)

Yes, it's as simple as "not getting them" or "not wearing them", but I WANT them to have a place.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

They really need to make Stamina more effective or work differently for ANY of the helmets and mods for that matter that effect stamina to be worth anything.  I mean when you run you can just hop skip flip and jump and not use stamina.  Basically run through a whole level without depleting your bar.

Maybe make charged melee attacks consume stamina or incorporate it with block and make block more effective, I dunno something.

Or just stop making awesome looking helmets boost stamina at the cost of the frame's most important attribute...

I can start by saying that most of the helmets look pretty sweet, but looking at the trade offs they give...

Saryn Chlora: +stamina -power duration (power duration is a powerful thing to have for Saryn)

It's obvious. Someone on the team has a hardon for onions and that's what they want to see on every Saryn.

Actually, I would trade health for power range. Stretch takes up a considerable amount of points and the extra range is great for decoy+teleport combos as well as radial disarm. Health isn't all that important for loki anyway, if your shields are blown up, you die either way.

The other helms though... whew, those vauban stats.

Edited by Stygi

The stats really are questionnable at best. I'd really like to use some of them for looks, but I don't think I will if it means gimping my frame for it.

also:

trinity shield > power efficiancy

2 defence polaritys by defualt and defence polarity aura

on a warframe that can heal everyone and itself so no rejuv and can make itself and everyone else invicable so no need for hp or shield mods

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sorry, but that's bs. Power efficiency > all. The shield/health/ernergy boni are all very minor perks because they are static boni which quickly become a drop in the bucket, whereas power efficiency is always useful, especially if stacked with maxed streamline.

The stats really are questionnable at best. I'd really like to use some of them for looks, but I don't think I will if it means gimping my frame for it.

also:

sorry, but that's bs. Power efficiency > all. The shield/health/ernergy boni are all very minor perks because they are static boni which quickly become a drop in the bucket, whereas power efficiency is always useful, especially if stacked with maxed streamline.

He was displaying an avid amount of snark and sarcasm towards Trinity's new helmet's stats (Heck, I should add her helmet to the OP)

By all standards, he's agreeing with you, Power effeciency is > all. Especially now that they've effectively nerfed energy siphon.

Actually, I would trade health for power range. Stretch takes up a considerable amount of points and the extra range is great for decoy+teleport combos as well as radial disarm. Health isn't all that important for loki anyway, if your shields are blown up, you die either way.

The other helms though... whew, those vauban stats.

I can see that reasoning, but it still doesn't quite justify the slight backwards thinking used to create these traits. 

I agree that a lot of the new helmets are awesome looking...with god awful stat changes. I LOVE the look of the new Chlora helmet, but why, WHY does it have to affect the most important power affecting attribute for Saryn? WHY?! Why couldn't it be Power Efficiency, or Power Range even, I would accept that! Fine, whatever, it looks awesome! But Power Duration is the WORST downside they could EVER give to her! It's horrible!

signed they REALLY need to more carefully consider these helmets and their stat changes, things like this should NOT happen.

Zylo the Wolfbane

also:

you misunderstand shield > power efficiancy is what the helmet does

I am all for more power efficiancy for trinity

I agree that a lot of the new helmets are awesome looking...with god awful stat changes. I LOVE the look of the new Chlora helmet, but why, WHY does it have to affect the most important power affecting attribute for Saryn? WHY?! Why couldn't it be Power Efficiency, or Power Range even, I would accept that! Fine, whatever, it looks awesome! But Power Duration is the WORST downside they could EVER give to her! It's horrible!

signed they REALLY need to more carefully consider these helmets and their stat changes, things like this should NOT happen.

Zylo the Wolfbane

indeed, it's a common sense issue that i HOPE was the product of too much coffee and not enough sleep (my current guess considering that the last few days were crunch time for the team.)

Vauban Gamit: +stamina -power duration (this is a trap warframe, power duration is a must)

Loki Swindle: +power range -health (Loki is weak enough, would you trade it off for sending your Decoy further away?)

Trinity Meridian: +Shields -Power efficiency (Trinity NEEDS that power effeciency, ten times more than she needs shields.)

The other helmet seem of equal and worthy trade off. I'm simply wondering why these stats were chosen. It seems to make a bit more sense to reverse the trade offs (Vauban and Saryn get Power duration in exchange for stamina, Loki gets health in exchange for power range)

Yes, it's as simple as "not getting them" or "not wearing them", but I WANT them to have a place.

I second almost all you wrote,but to be honest,loki need range especially for the ultimate,not so much for decoy.

But all the others helmet have really bizarre and unhelping stats, especially vauban wich is my favorite for sillyness (come on,it's a DONUT-HAT, what's not to love?)

As many already said,i think a great idea would be NO stats for the helmets,or simply being able to choose stats regardless of cosmetic (effect of that helmet,but look of that other one, obviously you must have both helmet to do it).

I guess it's pretty obvious that i main loki ,since he has orrendous G1 alt helmet and yet the best stats helm in game (essence) for any caster.

Meridian Trinity helmet. Beautiful, but $&*&*#(%& statistics. A minuscule shield boost? OK. AT THE COST OF FUCING POWER EFFICIENCY?

"Oh she has energy vampire anyway doesn't matter lol!"

The whole fuking point is that it fucs up EV.

Most of the helms are terrible indeed, it's as if the developers don't understand the design of their own game. Power duration is probably the most important stat for Saryn. All the damage abilities are dots (damage over time) so 30% longer duration results in as much damage as 30% increased skill damage, however they also increase the duration of Molt.

Looking through the market I could only see a few helms that were not obvious downgrades, the Nyx helm seemed useful. Losing 5% armor on Nyx is no loss.

Most of the helms are terrible indeed, it's as if the developers don't understand the design of their own game. Power duration is probably the most important stat for Saryn. All the damage abilities are dots (damage over time) so 30% longer duration results in as much damage as 30% increased skill damage, however they also increase the duration of Molt.

Looking through the market I could only see a few helms that were not obvious downgrades, the Nyx helm seemed useful. Losing 5% armor on Nyx is no loss.

Indeed, as in my OP, power duration is the one thing i expected NOT to be sacrificed for either Saryn or Vauban (I can add Nyx and Ember to the list before Season 3 helmets make a similar mistake), but here we are....forced to make this post.

Today's Monday though, so the staff will take in the feedback do what they feel is right. I just hope what they feel is right, is actually right.