The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Starting game up causes whole PC to Crash.

Vascalunav

Since the latest round of updates, I've been having PC Crashes whenever i start up the game, now before hand I've never had this issue, and I've had over a thousand hours playing this game on this current rig, so I know that my rig isn't the issue, all my drivers are updated. I've been checking the integrity of the files with Steam and both times now that I've started checking there is about 1.4 gigs worth of files that failed to validate. So I don't know if that has something to do with it, or if it's something else. I doubt that there is anything that I can do on my end, but I'm welcome to suggestions.

Again, when I start up the game, the screen goes black, doesn't load at all, can't access the Task manager nothing, I have to forcibly reboot my computer to be able to do anything, and this game hasn't done anything to this level to me since I started playing it.

Edited by Vascalunav

• 2 weeks later...

*Update*

It appears that if I put the game in Borderless windowed mode that it will actually load and not crash my computer, which doesn't make sense. Since full screen is suppose to use less processing power. I still don't know what is going on, but it didn't used to be this taxing to start up the game, for some reason it seems to take all of my cpu just to start up the game.