Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming back from retirement

Rubb

Question

Hey guys,

I started playing warframe back in 2012 and played it through 2014 every day. Yeah....I burntout pretty bad...started to hate the game and the game was no longer fun for me.

The update where we could fly in space was exciting in the trailers but I found it pretty boring back then...so I quit. I guess it was update 14?

So...my nephew started playing and I decided to give it another chance. Sooo...the game is almost downloaded and what should I do? I´m kinda lost here. I was rank 18 back then... :D

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Rubb said:

So...did they implement raids? Are there  more of those "special" assassins? The ninja, the 3 guys and the big bad dog were nice to play against :D

Well, no but yes (don't want to spoil too much, I's related to the Second Dream Quest)

Besides, we got

Moon, and

Kuva Fortres

tilesets

Yes, questlines

And Have you been onboard when Kavats got here?

We got Kavats ("Orokin Cat-lizards" )

Oh, and additional mod slot for utility things(got from quest/sortie/ BP from Simmaris) like loot detector, or mobility buffs

15 hours ago, Drejzer said:

Well, no but yes (don't want to spoil too much, I's related to the Second Dream Quest)

And Have you been onboard when Kavats got here?

We got Kavats ("Orokin Cat-lizards" )

Oh, and additional mod slot for utility things(got from quest/sortie/ BP from Simmaris) like loot detector, or mobility buffs

Kavats? Nope! Never heard of them!

When I got out, 4 months later I heard about raids. :O

So...I logged in today and did some missions to get used to the controls once again (total failure lol).

Some ppl told me to clear the planets junctions. I cleared the earth junction but..now what?

The only quest available to me is the The Jordas Precept.

Should I keep doing the junctions or jump straight to the quest? :D

And mods? Is there anything good for an amprex?? Is there anything better? :D

Thank you very much guys :)

go to neptune do some missions you should know when you unlock new quest.

And clearing junctions is a good idea - they give some quests, weapon bps and warframe parts(Chroma) as rewards

Edited by Drejzer
typo, additional info

On 03/04/2017 at 8:02 AM, Elvangreen said:

What timezone are you in?.. i would be happy to guide you through some of the newer content.

I´m UTC-03:00.

I´m already doing some quests (just finished The strange new) and I´m crafting Chroma.

But still...there´s a loooooooot of new things.

Sorties...statues, ducats, arena reputation...etc.  And I didn´t even touched raids and riven mods.

I´m currently struggling with my old-school gear.

I had a forma´d /potatoed amprex and it´s not helping with the new stuff. 

I´ve heard that the akstiletto /prime version is one of the good stuff. 

I´m using loki and rhino prime and so far so good. I´ve noticed that there is another aura mod slot but I don´t know where to get one of them.

:/

49 minutes ago, Rubb said:

I´m UTC-03:00.

I´m already doing some quests (just finished The strange new) and I´m crafting Chroma.

But still...there´s a loooooooot of new things.

Sorties...statues, ducats, arena reputation...etc.  And I didn´t even touched raids and riven mods.

I´m currently struggling with my old-school gear.

I had a forma´d /potatoed amprex and it´s not helping with the new stuff. 

I´ve heard that the akstiletto /prime version is one of the good stuff. 

I´m using loki and rhino prime and so far so good. I´ve noticed that there is another aura mod slot but I don´t know where to get one of them.

:/

well i am +9:30 UTC.

loki and rhino prime are both very effective if modded right.

the other aura slot is actually an exilus slot. you unlock it with an exilus adaptor, and it is for utility mods like loot radar, sprint speed, hacking time etc.

You get aura mods from specific alerts, note that they always have the no-shields modifier.

sorties, raids, and riven mods can be mostly ignore until you have played across all the planets.

The amprex can still be very effective if modded right, or the Zarr, Soma prime, Boltor prime, Dread, Rakta cernos, Quanta vandal, Ignis wraith, Lanka, Rubico, Vectis Prime, Dex sybaris, Hek, and Tigris are all very good.

For a good pistol weapon a recommend the lex prime, as its fairly easy to get and deals heavy damage, or alternatively the vaykor marelok. (the lex hits harder and crits harder, but the marelok fires faster and has better status, both are very good). The akstiletto prime are very good, but harder to get.

For a good melee many people use a crit-build atterax, but that can require event mods, and personally i dislike it, the lesion, galatine, prisma dual cleavers, and broken war are also good alternatives.

Also.. the wiki has information on everything.

23 hours ago, Elvangreen said:

well i am +9:30 UTC.

loki and rhino prime are both very effective if modded right.

the other aura slot is actually an exilus slot. you unlock it with an exilus adaptor, and it is for utility mods like loot radar, sprint speed, hacking time etc.

You get aura mods from specific alerts, note that they always have the no-shields modifier.

sorties, raids, and riven mods can be mostly ignore until you have played across all the planets.

The amprex can still be very effective if modded right, or the Zarr, Soma prime, Boltor prime, Dread, Rakta cernos, Quanta vandal, Ignis wraith, Lanka, Rubico, Vectis Prime, Dex sybaris, Hek, and Tigris are all very good.

For a good pistol weapon a recommend the lex prime, as its fairly easy to get and deals heavy damage, or alternatively the vaykor marelok. (the lex hits harder and crits harder, but the marelok fires faster and has better status, both are very good). The akstiletto prime are very good, but harder to get.

For a good melee many people use a crit-build atterax, but that can require event mods, and personally i dislike it, the lesion, galatine, prisma dual cleavers, and broken war are also good alternatives.

Also.. the wiki has information on everything.

Thank you very much for your answers!

I´m doing the Natah quest atm (trying to craft the chroma). There is a lot of new components that are required to complete theses new weapons  :D

Another thing...where are the hot spots nowadays? For farming credits/lvling up I used to play sechura. Is it still a good choice? Thanks!

Just now, Rubb said:

Thank you very much for your answers!

I´m doing the Natah quest atm (trying to craft the chroma). There is a lot of new components that are required to complete theses new weapons  :D

Another thing...where are the hot spots nowadays? For farming credits/lvling up I used to play sechura. Is it still a good choice? Thanks!

Ahh.. yes you really need to do the natah -> Second dream -> war within questline.

- seimeni on ceres (defence) gives 20k credits per 5 wave run.

- secura still gives 20k credits per 5 wave run, and has higher drops, but akkad is better.

- akkad near eris (defence) gives 20 per 5 wave run and decent drops as well, and is popular for xp.

- Hydron near sedna (defence) is good for xp.

- IO on jupiter (interception) is good for lower tier relics.

- Hieracon on pluto (excavation) is good for higher tier relics and xp.