Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta-Rage

Dispute

OK THIS IS OPEN BETA! 

The DE's are trying to do what they can to properly scale bosses, I get this. But FACK scale drop rates or something to makes lvl 114-125 Vor worth attacking; or give us 4 billion daily revives or something! OR at least while we're being healed, reduce incoming damage by 75% to the healer. The game is going for teamwork? Ill make a new frost and keep him at a low level and just use snow globe to attempt to balance this new enemy level scaling BS. 

I've invested roughly $80 into this game since OB launch, and now I'm clawing my eyes out wondering wtf happened in U9. 

The new boss doesn't even drop things - Really? not even some recs/mats?

So much nerd rage I can't even form a proper argument. 

"beta" is not an excuse for a bad product, especially one with a cash shop. bugs here and there are okay. An update that takes the game several steps back in every bloody department is not okay. Especially when DE makes huge mistakes over and over again and refuses to actually fix the most prominent things their beta testers request they fix.

Dude they just rolled out a big update. Imagine all the sleepless nights spent on making sure it will roll out AT ALL.

Cut them some slack, file a proper-sounding complaint. Raging doesn't help at all.

Devs are monitoring the incoming data, sit tight and wait for a hotfix.

Dude they just rolled out a big update. Imagine all the sleepless nights spent on making sure it will roll out AT ALL.

Cut them some slack, file a proper-sounding complaint. Raging doesn't help at all.

Devs are monitoring the incoming data, sit tight and wait for a hotfix.

Probably none. Maybe they should have had some QA testing done. Hell they even have the design council right there, why not maybe let them have access to test servers where they can run through things and test them out. So, you know, bad updates like this and the hilariously bad rhino nerf (to name a few recent ones) don't happen.

Probably none. Maybe they should have had some QA testing done. Hell they even have the design council right there, why not maybe let them have access to test servers where they can run through things and test them out. So, you know, bad updates like this and the hilariously bad rhino nerf (to name a few recent ones) don't happen.

+1, they SERIOUSLY need to test this stuff. I mean, how did the mats bug happen? Why does raptor seem to have incredibly rare drops (how many others feel this way? I haven't gotten anything but a mod from him, and no BPs from Vor at all), the nightmare mods are... weird, mostly useless so far (rending strike, focus energy), etc.

A perk of Master + GM should be the test servers! being able to test out the updates to QA them, even if it delays the release by a week. I'd MUCH MUCH rather have a bug free update late, than a buggy update early.

If any of you know how to run a software development house that can quickly add tons of code to an existing project with no bugs, you should be busy making your millions and not wasting time playing Warframe.

No one wants to wait for extensive, thorough testing, least of all the whiners that hang out in the forums. One day late with an update, and the forums explode in rage. So they throw some code together, do some minimal testing, and let us do the real testing.

If you don't like it, maybe come back when its out of beta?

If any of you know how to run a software development house that can quickly add tons of code to an existing project with no bugs, you should be busy making your millions and not wasting time playing Warframe.

No one wants to wait for extensive, thorough testing, least of all the whiners that hang out in the forums. One day late with an update, and the forums explode in rage. So they throw some code together, do some minimal testing, and let us do the real testing.

If you don't like it, maybe come back when its out of beta?

You understand what beta has transformed into right? "It's beta" is no excuse for the amount of bugs in every release, and people only rage when they set a date, and say "ok it'll be out in a few hours", who would have raged if it had come out next week? WHO?

+1, they SERIOUSLY need to test this stuff. I mean, how did the mats bug happen? Why does raptor seem to have incredibly rare drops (how many others feel this way? I haven't gotten anything but a mod from him, and no BPs from Vor at all), the nightmare mods are... weird, mostly useless so far (rending strike, focus energy), etc.

A perk of Master + GM should be the test servers! being able to test out the updates to QA them, even if it delays the release by a week. I'd MUCH MUCH rather have a bug free update late, than a buggy update early.

So you expect everything you kill the just pour out loot in the first attempt or two or its broken?  No wonder players get burnt out on games so quick these days.

Yeah there are some bugs.  It seems a bit rushed but they do that for us.  If it didn't come out today you same people would be raging that no patch came out today rabble rabble!

We agreed to play the Beta under the impression that there will be kinks to work out... and that is why we are playing this stuff.  Patch hasn't even been out 24 hrs yet give it a break.

Coding is quite complicated these days any major game patch these days has bugs... deal with it.

So you expect everything you kill the just pour out loot in the first attempt or two or its broken?  No wonder players get burnt out on games so quick these days.

No, did I say that? Where did I say that? I ran Vor over 30 times now, no BPs, and raptor ~15 now, 2 mods from that.

Yeah there are some bugs.  It seems a bit rushed but they do that for us.  If it didn't come out today you same people would be raging that no patch came out today rabble rabble!

Only because they stupidly put a date on it...

We agreed to play the Beta under the impression that there will be kinks to work out... and that is why we are playing this stuff.  Patch hasn't even been out 24 hrs yet give it a break.

Please, the QA on this was terrible, they didn't even see the mats, honestly, if they didn't put a date on stuff, and then do some QA everyone would be a bit happier

Coding is quite complicated these days any major game patch these days has bugs... deal with it.

Oh, I see, that explains and is an excuse for every bug ever.

You understand what beta has transformed into right? "It's beta" is no excuse for the amount of bugs in every release, and people only rage when they set a date, and say "ok it'll be out in a few hours", who would have raged if it had come out next week? WHO?

I wouldn't exactly agree with what the newer definition of betas are, which is basically the same thing as releases. I'd rather they keep it in the "you test stuff and tell them to fix it".

I wouldn't exactly agree with what the newer definition of betas are, which is basically the same thing as releases. I'd rather they keep it in the "you test stuff and tell them to fix it".

I agree, but that's not happening anymore really, and the "it's beta" thing especially doesn't work when they have a working cash shop (although, warframe is in a weird place with this, it's clearly in beta, far from being feature complete obviously, but has a cash shop)

I consider Warframe to use the old 'good' definition of Beta which means it's playable, but bugs abound.

New marketing "Beta early access!!!!!1111!!!' for marketing/publisity can go die.

I agree, but that's not happening anymore really, and the "it's beta" thing especially doesn't work when they have a working cash shop (although, warframe is in a weird place with this, it's clearly in beta, far from being feature complete obviously, but has a cash shop)

I'd assume the cash shop is part of the testing too, figuring out which methods and what things to sell bring back the optimum revenue. The problem would be if they wiped and all your plat was gone, which hasn't been the case fortunately.

I'd assume the cash shop is part of the testing too, figuring out which methods and what things to sell bring back the optimum revenue. The problem would be if they wiped and all your plat was gone, which hasn't been the case fortunately.

Eh... that's not really "testing", that's more in the marketing department, "testing" is seeing if the transactions work, or if items get properly added to the inventory, or if you can buy the currency properly.

Eh... that's not really "testing", that's more in the marketing department, "testing" is seeing if the transactions work, or if items get properly added to the inventory, or if you can buy the currency properly.

It is a form of testing, only dealing with the monetary side of the game rather than the mechanical. One for how the game plays, and the other to see how to sustain the game. Alot of F2P games screw up when they release their cash shop -after- release without proper testing or feedback, though this is a rare case since most betas do implement cash shops even in their beta stages, e.g. Neverwinter, Dragon's Nest. I don't think it's too out of place for Warframe, the biggest difference is that this game's beta is more synonymous with testing than a marketing tool.

It's still up to player discretion whether they want to shell out the moolah for a game whose mechanics are still being churned over and over again.

It is a form of testing, only dealing with the monetary side of the game rather than the mechanical. One for how the game plays, and the other to see how to sustain the game. Alot of F2P games screw up when they release their cash shop -after- release without proper testing or feedback, though this is a rare case since most betas do implement cash shops even in their beta stages, e.g. Neverwinter, Dragon's Nest. I don't think it's too out of place for Warframe, the biggest difference is that this game's beta is more synonymous with testing than a marketing tool.

It's still up to player discretion whether they want to shell out the moolah for a game whose mechanics are still being churned over and over again.

No, it's marketing, seeing what's the best price, what price will earn them the most money. Is it testing? Yes, however it's not "testing" the cash shop, it's testing the players, and how much they're willing to pay.

Too bad, you know, when people say why they don't buy plat or from the shop and even offers advice on how to make it more appealing and effectiev DE stodgily ignores them, then complains about not getting enough revenue from it.

I've had some time to chill out a bit, and I apologize for flying off the handle! I was expecting much less with U9, and didn't expect the UI to get nerfed - never tohught I'd say something like that got nerfed xD - but I do like the new ancients skins! 

There was an argument in this forum about the premise of 'beta' and how warframe is the classic beta. I would ALMOST agree aside from the fact they only listen to the design council who gave them random amounts of money.

But just last week I wrote a positive feedback forum for them doing such a good job.. and now theyve gone and crapped themselves hahaha

Someone also mentioned we freaked out because the ud was late, but I didnt even know it was coming out this week... or even month. What I am getting at is 'all those sleepless nights' should have been divided into new ud segments/ patches instead of flooding us with more than alot of us can handle. 

Drop rate/ drop problem needs fixed
Boss scaling needs adjustments/ caps
Toggle for u8 UI

After that, I'll be happy - and the u8 ui toggle would be icing on the cake, but not something Im really worried about.