The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thrigan - The Fighter

Dwolfknight

Thrigan - The Fighter

"Built to last Thrigan excels in long drawn out battles, using the thrill of the fight to empower himself."

Thrigan does not use Energy, instead, he is powered by his Onslaught passive

Stats

Health 400
Shields 200
Energy 0
Armour 500
Speed 1.1

Abilities
Passive - Onslaught: Any time Thrigan kills an enemy he gains 1/4 of a stack. Maximum of 100 stacks.
Passive - Adrenaline Rush: When Thrigan is killed he will be able to continue fighting for additional 5 seconds before going down.

1st Fighting Style: Cycle through 3 different passive fighting styles. Radius of 15 meters
Protector: Draws aggro from enemies in the radius.
Slayer: Enemies in the radius take additional damage.
Scout: Raises the speed of allies in the radius.

2nd Weapon Bond: Expends 10 Stacks, Creates a Temporary bond with the current weapon raising Damage, Fire Rate and Reload Speed by 100%, however, you cannot change weapons nor be disarmed while this effect is active.

3rd Indomitable:  Increases armour by 2% per Stack. Activating this ability consumes 15 Stacks and causes Thrigan to do a Warcry Stunning and causing some enemies to flee in a 15-meter radius.

4th Second Wind: Expends 5-20 stacks, heals 200 + 50 per stack, any stack consumed with max health gives 50 Temporary health (Overheal).

Details

Overall: Efficiency affects the number of stacks each ability consumes. Channelling consumes 1 Stack per attack, hit or miss.

First power: Radius is affected by Range and Strenght affects Slayer's damage bonus and Scout's speed bonus

I was thinking of giving his first power an active extra effect. This is how it would look.
Activating this ability expends 5 Stacks and gives a target an extra effect.
Protector: Makes the target the new source of Aggro.
Slayer: Makes a targeted enemy attack anyone nearby and gives an ally 30% power strength
Scout: Gives Thrigan and allies in range an Enemy and Loot radar of 15 meters

Second power: Is affected by Duration and Strength, keep in mind this cannot be deactivated.

Third power: The armour bonus is affected by Strenght, as for the active part of the ability, the stun is similar to Banshee Silence and there is a 30% chance of causing enemies to become frightened, Strength affect the frighten chance, Duration affects the frighten duration and Range affect the radius. 

Fourth power: Is affected by Strength but only increases the base Heal and not the heal given by stacks, Efficiency makes you consume fewer stacks but also would give less overall health since the heal and overheal is caused by how many stacks are consumed.

Overheal: Extra health that decays with time.

Augments:

True Wind: Activating Second Wind during Adrenaline Rush will keep Thrigan alive, cooldown of 120 seconds

Appearance: I really wish I was a good enough artist to draw something original or make a 3D model, I'm not but I can still describe and use references.

I really wanted something similar to the Alva Armour from Dark souls, The Knight Helmet, the Shoulder Armour on one side and the Shoulder Cape on the other, of course on a Warframe Style.

Spoiler

pa4fDOG.jpg

Well, I hope you enjoyed this Warframe Concept and I hope DE makes something similar in the future, sincerely I can easily see myself playing this frame.
Leave any thoughts below

Edited by Dwolfknight

I'll have to sit down and take a better look at this concept later (more specifically abilities and design, since these require more timr to look into) but here's some comments I've got based on a glance:

Personally, I'd just have him use health instead of stacks, but you could definitely try to implement the stack system. Perhaps you could ditch the latter ability in favor of increasing his armor a percentage while he has stacks? Additionally, you could make it in such a way whereas he can only get energy from kills.

The big thing that'll confuse readers is the way you've written this. When I read through it for the first time, I was confused as to why he had no energy, and didn't realize that his first passive was how he used abilities until after rereading it a few times. Try to aim to make your descriptions more clear and concise. Here's some examples:

"Thrigan is an unorthodox brawler Warframe. His abilities aren't channeled through energy, but the strength he gains from the deaths of his enemies. In other words, he does not use energy for his abilities, he uses kills instead."

"This is Thrigan, the bloodthirsty, the unwavered.

He gains his strength through the deaths of his enemies."

"Passive: Thrigan is not energized through energy- he is strengthened through death. For every pure blow Thrigan lands, it him 1/4 stack of Inner Strength to unleash his powers upon them. Gains 2% armor per stack for up to 100 stacks. Not affected by kills from abilities."

With this passive, he gains armor for every stack he has, for up to an additional 1,000 armor, though this can be tweaked upon your discretion.

I'd nerf it down to 50 stacks, going along with how his abilities expend up to 20 stacks at base, and raising the stack requirements. Also, "pure blows" refer to kills from your weapons, rather than abilities.

That aside, another thing to keep in mind is that while abilities may not be affected by all power boost effects, you should try your best to incorporate them. A fine example would be Despoil Nekros builds. Flow and other Energy Max mods should be able to up the amount of total stacks you can have, and efficiency affects the amount of stacks it requires to cast abilities.

All in all, he's neat. Like I said, I'd like to go through the concept more later and nitpick about abilities, but I like the idea of getting rejuvenated through kills rather than energy. 

Edited by MissMarifire

Brief nitpick:

I don't see much point in having the "Adrenaline Rush" ability if you're in single player. If you bring down the boss before your own demise, good for you, but you still have to use a revive once you run out of HP. Maybe make a buff at low health?

@AzyWng I thought about it but my original idea is more along the lines of "Let me Run head first and use this period of "immortality" to my advantage" or "Let me get the hell out of here so my allies can revive me"

There I did some changes to the concept also added a Details Section.

I thought about making his Stacks change with Flow, but having it at 100 would make flow give it too many stacks at 250 (375 primed) and having at 50 would make flow required, I will still look for a sweet spot, but for now it will stay like this.