Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health Drain Nightmare: Easiest Mode In Game?

Sesshou01

I skimmed the other threads to see if there was one on this and I didn't see it.

So I liked the idea of nightmare missions, but they are suppose to be harder than usual are they not?  The way the health drain is currently set up, you are just virtually invincible.  On the standard Pluto mission I have to be reasonably careful about letting my shields recharge and ducking in and out or using powers to fight the larger groups, but on nightmare with health drain my friends and I just stand there and mow them all down with no powers, no attempts to dodge, nothing resembling a defensive action.

Now this may just be something that it takes a while to tune properly, but currently, you get hp for anything anyone kills and a rather large amount.  The more you get 'swarmed' by the weaker types of enemies, the more you heal.  Now in solo, maybe you can't just tank everything by standing still in the open firing away because a single person may not be able to kill fast enough with their gun to out heal level 70 enemies, but this is a co-op game.  3-4 people shooting at  stuff heals you so much that even level 70s can't do enough damage.  The only time I saw anyone drop was when we went the 'wrong' way on a hacking mission and skipped the closest terminal, ran out of guys, and ticked down (we were able to pick each other up though).  

So what really needs to happen is an incredibly massive reduction in healing per kill, and some kind of dynamic health drain so that the drain doesn't do as much when you are running around (perhaps scale it based on distance to nearest enemy).  You need the kills to at minimum off set the majority of time you just spend running, but if you have it heal as much as it does now, you just get infinite healing.

As Saryn, I like being able to actually take advantage of my health and armor for once. But agreed, for a supposedly challenging mode it feels a bit off.

I think this kind of gameplay should simply be integrated into normal missions by allowing enemies to drop health orbs.

Edited by Winterbraid

As Saryn, I like being able to actually take advantage of my health and armor for once. But agreed, for a supposedly challenging mode it feels a bit off.

I think this kind of gameplay should simply be integrated into normal missions by allowing enemies to drop health orbs.

you should try the rage mod, makes NM mode no more challenge

I totally agree. The only thing that might kill you in that vampyre mode is one of those long elevator rides, anything else becomes easier.

The timed nightmare mode is very similar, you have time and it goes down unless  you kill foes, but it suffers the same problem, we started with 5 minutes, we finished with almost 12.

yea nightmare mode does seem easier than normal

why do I have so much energy in health drain mode?...

+rage mod = almost limitless energy in this mode.

timed modes also...  4 mins... you have to be really slow to complete a mission in 4 mins... then killing mobs adds time...   you now have 16 mins 20 seconds to finish this mission.... I went afk to make a cup of tea, came back and it was still on 16 mins because some mobs spawned and dethcube slaughtered them all...

I was expecting some.... level 200 mobs in nightmare mode, not the same mobs, same mission, and a number that means nothing in one corner of the screen.

or Limitless energy and health regen on kills..... health regen on kills that should be a mod!

Well, at least the rage mod requires intentional min/maxing (though it really shouldn't count the hp drain).  Just standing there firing and out healing the damage of the enemies through killing them...

The time attack mode is equally easy with the timer, but at least you have to worry about yourself getting killed by the enemies.