Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captain Vor

Tempera

So, as many players of Warframe are now aware, Vor scales significantly with the player.

At first, I was against this, as I had originally gone in with a low-ranked Warframe only to encounter a Level 75 Vor. However, upon reflection, I'm not so against it.

Currently, as far as I can tell, Vor scales with the rank of your equipment and your Warframe. The higher the rank of your equipment, the higher level Vor is.

Current tests run:

Rank 10 Excalibur (Unforma'd), Rank 4 Snipertron Vandal (unmodded, unforma'd), Unranked Kraken (completely unused up until this point), Unranked Skana Prime: Vor was Level 15. His damage and health were quite high, and combined with the Grineer around him/that he summoned, he was able to kill me once. He was soloable enough, however.

Rank 11 Excalibur (Unforma'd), Rank 11 Braton (Modded, Forma'd), Rank 24 Lex (modded, Unforma'd), Rank 28 Gram (modded, Unforma'd): Vor was Level 42. His health was incredibly high, and his damage output was enough to kill my Excalibur in seconds come the laser attack.

Future tests to run:

Lower rank Warframe with lower rank weapons.

Higher rank Warframe with first test's weapons.

Higher rank Warframe with second test's weapons.

Lower rank Warframe with lower rank weapons, partnered with another lower rank Warframe with lower rank weapons.

Higher rank Warframe with higher rank weapons, partnered with another higher rank Warframe with higher rank weapons.

Does the block maneuver from the trailer work on Vor's laser attack?

---

tl;dr: As it stands, the damage on both of Vor's laser attacks should be scaled back, and Vor has an unnecessarily high amount of health. Apart from that, he currently stands as a solid challenge for lower-ranked players.

The scaling is quite bad, however, and Vor has become increasinly powerful, rendering him perhaps too powerful for higher level players looking to try their skills against him.

Saryn with 5 Forma, Braton with 5 Forma, Lex, Hate with 1 Forma, everything rank 30 and supercharged.

Vor is level 45 and not much of a challenge. A single clip from my Braton is enough to make him use his bubble, his Teslas can take down my 660 shields if I stand in them for too long but that's about it.

Funnily, before the 9.1 hotfix he was level 24 for me solo.

Easy test:

Rank 3 Nova (Unforma'd, only two mods Unranked Energy Siphon and Unranked Null Star), Rank 6 Snipertron Vandal (Unforma'd, only mod Rank 1 Point Strike), Rank 2 Kraken (Unforma'd, unmodded), Unranked Amphis. Captain Vor was Level 9, and he was dealing just the right amount of damage for my Nova to feel threatened, but not so much damage that I died. He forced me to use cover, to be mobile from cover to cover, and to be fast and accurate.

At low levels, Vor seems to be hitting just the right balance between... easiness and challenge, I guess. They're not relying on number inflation to make him difficult; he has a fair amount of health, but not so much that he's a damage sponge, he deals reliable damage, but not so much that he'll kill you before you can hurt him and run away, and he has enough gimmicks between his bubble, his tesla ground-based attack things, his laser spam, and his teleport, to keep you on your toes.

Side note: I got an Organ Shatter mod and 50 Polymer Bundles from him, but my laptop crashed before I could finish the level. Vor was dead by that point, though.

New test: High-level Warframe, low-level weapons.

With a Rank 29 Saryn (Forma'd once), a Rank 6 Snipertron Vandal, a Rank 2 Kraken, and an Unranked Amphis, Vor was Level 43.

This suggests a 34 level increase, with the only difference between this test and the last being my Warframe.

I was trying to fight against him just for fun because of the U9. But suddenly he was level 45 ( maybe because my Ember is level 30 but i didn't know before i got here ) i just used my ulti always and was efor ting that he would die In a few seconds, but when i nearly broke hes shield, he got this 'bubble' and when it finished i couldn't kill him. The laser attack was killing my shield In a few seconds and i Trier to jump away, but then two teslas popped up and i was dead. i was looking on my screen In ajour 20 seconds and no idea what to do. My Ember has 500 In shields btw and ajour 400 In health.

Okay. Ran through with a friend this time.

I used a Rank 3 Nova, my Rank 6 Snipertron Vandal, my Rank 2 Kraken, and my Unranked Amphis again.

My friend used an Unranked Nova, an Unranked Snipertron, an Unranked Lato, and an Unranked Reaper Prime.

Vor was Level 9 again; the same level he was when I had solo'd him with my low-level gear earlier.

I am thus theorizing that the number of people in a squad has no effect on Vor's level; only the level of the gear the person is using.

Okay. Running through with a friend again, I was in my most powerful gear, and he was in his lowest-ranked stuff.

To be specific, I was in a Rank 29 Saryn, with a Rank 11 Braton, a Rank 24 Lex, and a Rank 28 Gram.

He was in an Unranked Frost Prime, with an Unranked Ogris, a Rank 2 Lato, and an Unranked Jaw Sword.

Vor was Level 43; the same level he was when I ran through with my Saryn last time.

Interestingly enough, this is despite me having more powerful weapons this time. Thus, the cause of the increase here is my Saryn, not my weapons.

It does seem that frame level is the deciding factor.  I was about to post that it was tied more closely to other gear, but then I realized my friend had been on his maxed, formaed, potatoed Ash rather than his rank 18 Frost like I had originally thought.  Our Vor was rank 79 and had only moderate shields and health but amazing damage and practically no shot or ability cooldowns.  He spammed Tesla grenades even more than I do, they hit for about 180/charge and cycled twice a second (as did his pistol), and his lasers were basically homing Tower 3 traps.  We didn't go down at any point, but that was basically because of the absurd shields on my Volt and my friend's willingness to pop Smokescreen whenever he got hit.  Frankly, it was chaotic and amazingly fun.

But still, rank 79...

Ok

level 15 Trinity

Level 13 Snipetron

Level 14 Bolto

Level 15 Gram

Non-potatoed as this would give me the best feel of a non-paid player.

Using average mastery 2 weapons without potatoes.

Level 24 Vor.

Cost me one revive though his tesla hurt a lot more as it scales.

Edited by fatpig84

It does seem that frame level is the deciding factor.  I was about to post that it was tied more closely to other gear, but then I realized my friend had been on his maxed, formaed, potatoed Ash rather than his rank 18 Frost like I had originally thought.  Our Vor was rank 79 and had only moderate shields and health but amazing damage and practically no shot or ability cooldowns.  He spammed Tesla grenades even more than I do, they hit for about 180/charge and cycled twice a second (as did his pistol), and his lasers were basically homing Tower 3 traps.  We didn't go down at any point, but that was basically because of the absurd shields on my Volt and my friend's willingness to pop Smokescreen whenever he got hit.  Frankly, it was chaotic and amazingly fun.

But still, rank 79...

His ability to rise up huge ranks like that has since been nerfed. I believe his current max level is Level 45.

Currently, I am theorizing that Vor's level is determined by your highest ranked piece of gear; 1.5 times that level, to be precise. This would explain Vor being Level 42 during my run with Nova when my highest-leveled piece of gear was my Rank 28 Gram, but Level 43 when my highest-leveled piece of gear was my Rank 29 Saryn.

Ok

level 15 Trinity

Level 13 Snipetron

Level 14 Bolto

Level 15 Gram

Non-potatoed as this would give me the best feel of a non-paid player.

Using average mastery 2 weapons without potatoes.

Level 24 Vor.

Cost me one revive though his tesla hurt a lot more as it scales.

Would you be able to confirm for me if either your Trinity or your Gram advanced to Rank 16 before you reached Vor?

Testing it out again:

Rank 29 Saryn

Rank 12 Braton

Rank 24 Lex

Rank 29 Gram

And RealityMachina was using:

Rank 30 Ash

Rank 30 Hek

Rank 30 Despair

Rank 30 Kogake

Vor was Rank 45.

So, I'm forced to conclude that Vor's level is 1.5 times higher than that of your highest-leveled piece of equipment you have equipped.

That would make sense.  Maybe it was altered in the little hotfix earlier, because I distinctly remember him at 79 at about 11:30 EST yesterday night.  In that case, formas and/or potatoes might also affect or have affected the modifier.

I'll try running it with more-or-less the same equipment and team we had then and see if the level drops once my friend comes back online.

That would make sense.  Maybe it was altered in the little hotfix earlier, because I distinctly remember him at 79 at about 11:30 EST yesterday night.  In that case, formas and/or potatoes might also affect or have affected the modifier.

It was altered in the hotfix earlier, yes. I believe the patch notes noted this.

Sounds like 1.5*(highest level item in party) is the current formula then.  I haven't seen him above that since last night, at least, and it tallies with everything Tempera has found.  Might be more than a little hard on new players who group with high-level friends/randoms, but not as bad as it would have been twelve hours ago.

Sounds like 1.5*(highest level item in party) is the current formula then.  I haven't seen him above that since last night, at least, and it tallies with everything Tempera has found.  Might be more than a little hard on new players who group with high-level friends/randoms, but not as bad as it would have been twelve hours ago.

I checked using 1 level 30 item, he was level 45. Your multiplier sounds correct. The problem is for such a low mission he then tears new players apart if a high-rank joins just for materials.

I would suggest the boss use the Average Rank of the warframes present. So Say There is one rank 30 and the others are Rank 2, 10 and 14. This would make Vor become a level ((30+2+10+14)/4)*1.5 this would make him level 21 Boss encounter. Difficult for the Level 2 as he couldn't get close but not so hard he is one shot.

A boss facing all level 30's though would stack up by twice that. So (((30*4)*2)/4)*1.5 = level 90 Vor. I would suggest this scaling for the Stalker too.

Edited by Estred