Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Is Insane For Beginners

EirikAura

HAHAHAHAHA !! That's the best one xD

I mean ; a SKULL ! It's supposed to mean 'death', obviously you don't want to try it when you're a noob. :I

Well that's how I'd react as a newbie when I see a skull level, at least. It's kind of a universal symbol, dude.

But anyway, I think it would be better if there were no nightmare mode for Mercury so we avoid such silly rage comments

That is nonsense.

If a skull appears on the mission that's next on your map progress, you'll click it. It could mean anything. Your alternative is not playing at all.

When you moved on to Wily's Castle in Megaman and the icon was a skull you didn't stop playing. It was just a symbol that meant something was different. Don't make excuses for a flawed system.

That is nonsense.

If a skull appears on the mission that's next on your map progress, you'll click it. It could mean anything. Your alternative is not playing at all.

When you moved on to Wily's Castle in Megaman and the icon was a skull you didn't stop playing. It was just a symbol that meant something was different. Don't make excuses for a flawed system.

Flawed? hardly, bugged? definitely, The nightmare mode is not suppose to appear before you completed the sector / planet / whatever. So a nightmare mode mission blocking the path is a bug,

It's plenty flawed bro. Reasons have been stated often enough, I won't go and repeat them. Go read some random pages to see them.

Two good solutions have also been proposed. Making hard-mode optional or making it so that you can only get into hard mode starting at mastery rank 4.

I would watter it down to mastery rank 3 AND give the option to take off Nightmare mode on the selected stage.

Mastery rank 4 is one rank too many for F2P players. Rank 3 is obtaineable for any of the casuals who wouldn't want to invest into extra slots or sell some gear once it's maxed.

Edited by Eruend

Nightmare mode does need a toggle type of button for sure so players that do not wish to do them when say farming a boss for blueprints (as an example) does not have to enter nightmare. Personally I have been playing warframe for a while now like 1-2 days after it went to open beta, and am trying to adjust to the new grineer damage - I can solo tyl regor easy I am finding the mobs more challenging atm - given time more then likely this won't affect me.

OP please stick with the game they are a small group making this game it is not easy to make a game in any sense with a small crew. They seem to be improving content as time goes on and they seem to care about the players more then the big company's like blizzard do. Give them time they will tweak and improve this game into a masterpiece. That's my impression, and I will even if I disagree with some changes ride out the storm. Good things come to those that wait.

Thank you DE for adjusting Mercury!

However, i have a question.

O want to build the Latron to replace the Braton, it does tp little dmg against heavys.

i bought the blueprint and now need to farm mars and saturn.

They just seem so much harder now.

Am i missing something, or are those systems tougher after U9?

Its frustrating since it quick becomes m 22,

I need to get a gun to get past mars, but to get the gun, i have to beat mars.

The placement of mats make earth the place to go for rubedo.

but even though o get higher lvl players welcpme this,

it feels a bit unfair.

Unleass of course all new players pay for mats in the store.

But if you buy gear why play since farming is such big prt of wf?

O want to build the Latron to replace the Braton, it does tp little dmg against heavys.

it feels a bit unfair.

The answer is: buy the dam Braton, not the starter Braton Mk1. Forget about starter gun'till you've got enough mods. And you'll be able to get all your needed resources. Did the same, worked pretty well

The answer is: buy the dam Braton, not the starter Braton Mk1. Forget about starter gun'till you've got enough mods. And you'll be able to get all your needed resources. Did the same, worked pretty well

Ya , don't worry about the credit , once you get your hand on Void key and be able to do alert missions , credits won't be a problem

Ya , don't worry about the credit , once you get your hand on Void key and be able to do alert missions , credits won't be a problem

T1 extermination contains 15-20lvl foes. Nothing that duo of sniper and meleesher can't handle with. Good for mods, good for credits, always a chance to obtain latron prime part. Keys are farming at the Earth defence mission.

I find XCOM normal incredibly easy. Does this mean I have the right to mock my friend who has never played a turn based tactical strategy game before in his life if he finds it a challenge?

Maybe if I started out mocking these people, you'd have a point.  But I didn't, I tried to help and got the back of the hand.  Lots of people have tried to help and got the back of the hand.  Aparently they need to be carried and hand-held through the content (gj Unearthed...) because its too hard... and then you watch stuff like this : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80607-update-911-mercury-running-terminus-to-tolstoj-brandnew-account-it-gets-crunchy-45mins-footage/

... and remember that the game has a learning curve roughly parallel to the attention span of the player.  Mercury doesn't even try to kill you until you get to Terminus.

I know what you mean some of the levels are extremely overwhelming when put into nightmare mode, Neptune went from a low level plane to lvl 40+, its very annoying and frustrating they are raising level caps instead of adding another planet or solar system,

If you need any help pm me on Forums or add me in the game i am glad to help :)

I have been currently helping out some noobs that are in my clan and anyone that needs it that i come across.

Anyways Add Me, I am usually always on.

I know what you mean some of the levels are extremely overwhelming when put into nightmare mode, Neptune went from a low level plane to lvl 40+, its very annoying and frustrating they are raising level caps instead of adding another planet or solar system,

If you need any help pm me on Forums or add me in the game i am glad to help :)

I have been currently helping out some noobs that are in my clan and anyone that needs it that i come across.

Anyways Add Me, I am usually always on.

Also this game has a really really really really really really really really really S#&$ty tutorial in actually teaching you what you need to know about the game, hell it would be better if the just tossed paragraphs for you to read and actually learn something, hell first week of playing this game i spent most of my time on the wiki. 

P.S. anyone here just posting negative crap needs to shut up, He has clearly stated he is a noob and is angry at how difficult this has become, (i love a challenge and this game is now providing it but now some of it is just ridiculous, a pluto alert a few days ago dropping ash helmet had level 70 enemies with insane health armour and shields and they had "Elite" in their name,), so being negative isn't going to help anyone here, either offer help, tell them what they might be doing wrong, 

And I quote - "As a 39 year old gamer that still has his Atari 2600, you embarrass me with your inability to play this, arguably easy, game.  Good day."

That's not waving your 'pecker'? Come on. You were an arrogant 'pecker'. That much is clear.

Name calling.  Well played, very mature.  

Excellent forum moderation too... how this troll thread turned pot stirring exercise has been allowed to persist astounds me.  

Regardless, I believe you won the forum.  You've turned a population of otherwise helpful contributors into sniping (arrogant?) antagonists.  Some took up your challenge and proved you wrong but you persisted and begged for more help so that you could reject it and complain. You even managed to get a "pro" to hand-hold you through the game and continue to maintain your sense of superiority.  Classy!  Bravo!  

Name calling.  Well played, very mature.  

Excellent forum moderation too... how this troll thread turned pot stirring exercise has been allowed to persist astounds me.  

Regardless, I believe you won the forum.  You've turned a population of otherwise helpful contributors into sniping (arrogant?) antagonists.  Some took up your challenge and proved you wrong but you persisted and begged for more help so that you could reject it and complain. You even managed to get a "pro" to hand-hold you through the game and continue to maintain your sense of superiority.  Classy!  Bravo!  

No need for this. Their problem is solved, everyone is happy again (relatively speaking).

From my experience playing with them, they certainly aren't trolls. They just needed a hand after the temporary difficulty boost from someone who wouldn't rush ahead and leave them in the dust, and we had a grand old time.

Things have calmed down now, with the OPs in particular, so the last thing we need is more ****-stirring. Maintaining a civil attitude at all times will benefit everyone.

it feels a bit unfair.

Earth is the new Saturn, as far as I can tell - the level ranges between the two appear to have been swapped. I'm going to be taking my Unranked gear to Earth from now on.

Nightmare mode is a challenge mode, that's what it's billed as and it shouldn't unlock until:

1) Mastery rank 2 minimum.

2) You physically toggle it on / off, all nightmare modes should still leave access to the original levels, OR be off the beaten path so that they are not required to progress in ANY way.