Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 - I Like It.

Tangerine

Excluding the bugs, this is what updates should be. More content, more polish. Dual stat mods, Vor, Raptor, that polished tutorial mission, faction specific music playing in the lore page, more weapons, that Lotus voice, nightmare mode, Ash's new ult (though camera is still wonky). I think even the roll animation has been polished, it's more fluid now.

This is the right path. I thought the last update was just okay, but U9 is a good base. One thing though, plat for mats, ehhhh.

Polish is a good word. I like it a lot as well. This is a huge step forward for DE. I hope they have the balls to keep it this way. Some will leave. Some will come. Wow was watered down for the masses and it died a horrible death. Diablo3 was never properly updated and also died a horrible death. This is a bold bold step and I prey it works out for DE. 

This update made me feel how I did when I first started playing. Brilliant gameplay and difficulty now. Only problem is some new players are struggling it seems. They might need Mercury and 1 more planet to be a little less harsh for people who have only been playing for a short while. This must be a shock for those people.

Aslong as they keep upping the level at the higher end many will love it within a few days. I found Wildfire after playing most of the night without it. I added the mod and omg my rifle turned into a shredding machine even for those level 70 mobs on Pluto. Cant wait to see of Pluto goes above level 80 on alert hehe.

Polish is a good word. I like it a lot as well. This is a huge step forward for DE. I hope they have the balls to keep it this way. Some will leave. Some will come. Wow was watered down for the masses and it died a horrible death. Diablo3 was never properly updated and also died a horrible death. This is a bold bold step and I prey it works out for DE. 

Last time I knew, WoW and Diablo III were far from dead...

When inferno was nerfed, the casuals rejoined to hell and back.

Now they implemented monster power so power gamers can tailor the game to their taste, while casual can still play on ez mode aka inferno mode.

I like it as well. However, the bugs are there and I have crashed to desktop twice in 10 minutes. Both while trying to complete missions, which of course have not been saved and I have lost all the mods I got on a defence mission.

Not too sure about the aura's atm, as there doesn't seem to be a way in which you can see what modes are enabled on each player. Maybe, having an aura coming off the player with the mod would be useful, although that brings fps down, so in the mean time something on the HUD saying which aura is being used.

I also note that when you come out of a game from a squad, you cant see if your in a squad, that needs to be addressed. Another point is that new players to the game should not have access to the high skull levels. As this will be off putting for the new people, as I was trying out the Nova and thinking why am i taking damage and not doing anything. This is a priority as new people will like the game and come back but if they die straight away for no reason then they will not.

-Nolla

"this path is the right path" Seriously? Im sorry but im really sick of hearing how linear gameplay is the way to go. I dont like being forced into a certain playstyle. Im tired of having no real options for combat because of how imbalanced things are. And before any of you go "I DO JUST FINE WITH X." I dont care how deluded you are in punishing yourself. You know exactly what im talking about. The imalance of weapons and the way you're rewarded in the game is going completely awry of whats actually fun. Polish? Hardly. Stop being easily impressed by visuals and sounds. Start getting more concerned by gameplay mechanics and start noticing how the game drives you to have different behaviours due to how it rewards you. I feel as if no one is doing this and just giving it a thumbs up.

Right now the game is unplayable for people who are new. And thats not even the only problem and slew of bugs to come into U9. While a beta is expected to have bugs and things, dont you really think things like this are rookie mistakes? Bugs that could have easily been avoided if they were simply tested first? And before you say (we ARE the testers.) Think about that for a second. Do you think its really efficient to have the entire population of warframe capped off and reporting this bug while new players cannot play, when one guy. One person or even just 4 people could have checked, double checked, and tested this for 10 minutes before updating the entire build to 9.0? We could be testing other things instead while still getting new players. Right now, we're not. If anything it makes DE panic and go "oh S#&$! apply a hotfix! Quickly!" Rushing only makes more bugs. So far Warframe has had so many hotfixes so quickly that instead of having a sound structure, its as if it was someone holding up a 2x4 while slapping as many peices of scrap together to make a wall. A wall that still has holes in it. This isnt the way to do things.

Stop giving EVERYTHING in the game a thumbs up and start giving constructive criticism. Always. Always. ALWAYS give "this could be better if." Because you're still being positive and you're always leaving a higher ceiling for improvement to be possible.

Also yeah I don't like the aura thing. When I heard Scott talking about it I didn't like it, and I don't like it now. Not gamebreaking for me, and while I thought the previous system was lukewarm, I definitely think there's better ways to go about it.

Well me and you aint playing it are we and the other lots of millions who walked away. MILLIONS <---

When inferno was nerfed, the casuals rejoined to hell and back.

Now they implemented monster power so power gamers can tailor the game to their taste, while casual can still play on ez mode aka inferno mode.

The problem was monster power came 3-4 months to late. Hence it died a horrific death as a lot of here and DOTA2 etc etc the list would go on.

I'd rather see quality over quantity. DE tried to do too much and clearly didn't test or QA any of it, shat it out and not a single ounce of it is especially impressive.

Quality - Gameplay

The gameplay at the higher levels is excellent now. Try it and tell me you don't have to duck and cover and think about your resources rather than smashing button 1 and rushing through in 2 minutes.

Also yeah I don't like the aura thing. When I heard Scott talking about it I didn't like it, and I don't like it now. Not gamebreaking for me, and while I thought the previous system was lukewarm, I definitely think there's better ways to go about it.

Agreed. This game is turning too much into a cookie cutter mmorpg. Hell, we even have more heinous melee weapons than we do guns. And most of the melee weapons are just honestly reskins.

On a more positive side, I like Nightmare mode. But a) it should be a toggle option and b) it's still easy for advanced players.

The new Captain Vor is nice too, although the drop rates for his pistol seem to blow exceedingly.

I believe the Aura system has potential. But right now it just seems like an extremely roundabout way to nerf Siphon.

Well me and you aint playing it are we and the other lots of millions who walked away. MILLIONS <---

The problem was monster power came 3-4 months to late. Hence it died a horrific death as a lot of here and DOTA2 etc etc the list would go on.

Quality - Gameplay

The gameplay at the higher levels is excellent now. Try it and tell me you don't have to duck and cover and think about your resources rather than smashing button 1 and rushing through in 2 minutes.

It's not really excellent, it just turned all of the higher planets into T3 Void, except with hitscan when you play against Grineer.

Ducking and covering is far from my definition of excellent gameplay. There is no challenge in hiding behind a piece of chest-high wall.
Edited by Winterbraid

Wow is probably the largest mmo on the planet. its going to take years for it to die down, its not dead yet but its certainly getting there in a decline.

As for Diablo 3, that game did extremely poorly. Dont let metacritic's score fool you. In fact if you go look at the user score for that game, its something like a 3.7 score. Thats embarassing. Especially for blizzard.

"this path is the right path" Seriously? Im sorry but im really sick of hearing how linear gameplay is the way to go. I dont like being forced into a certain playstyle. Im tired of having no real options for combat because of how imbalanced things are. And before any of you go "I DO JUST FINE WITH X." I dont care how deluded you are in punishing yourself. You know exactly what im talking about. The imalance of weapons and the way you're rewarded in the game is going completely awry of whats actually fun. Polish? Hardly. Stop being easily impressed by visuals and sounds. Start getting more concerned by gameplay mechanics and start noticing how the game drives you to have different behaviours due to how it rewards you. I feel as if no one is doing this and just giving it a thumbs up.

Right now the game is unplayable for people who are new. And thats not even the only problem and slew of bugs to come into U9. While a beta is expected to have bugs and things, dont you really think things like this are rookie mistakes? Bugs that could have easily been avoided if they were simply tested first? And before you say (we ARE the testers.) Think about that for a second. Do you think its really efficient to have the entire population of warframe capped off and reporting this bug while new players cannot play, when one guy. One person or even just 4 people could have checked, double checked, and tested this for 10 minutes before updating the entire build to 9.0? We could be testing other things instead while still getting new players. Right now, we're not. If anything it makes DE panic and go "oh S#&$! apply a hotfix! Quickly!" Rushing only makes more bugs. So far Warframe has had so many hotfixes so quickly that instead of having a sound structure, its as if it was someone holding up a 2x4 while slapping as many peices of scrap together to make a wall. A wall that still has holes in it. This isnt the way to do things.

Stop giving EVERYTHING in the game a thumbs up and start giving constructive criticism. Always. Always. ALWAYS give "this could be better if." Because you're still being positive and you're always leaving a higher ceiling for improvement to be possible.

I give criticisms where it's due, and I've already stated my ambivalence for the aura and mat for plat systems. I made this thread based on my impressions so far, and my impression has been generally positive, collective of all the cons and pros. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but it's the right step; bugs are always expected considering the track record, which is why I said "excluding".  Personally they're the least of my concerns as long as their caliber doesn't reach to something like, disconnecting from games every 10 minutes.

I don't like &amp;#&#33;-kissing threads either bud, but there's value in threads praising what they are doing RIGHT as well as what they are doing wrong. Whilst DE isn't all gold and fairy dust, alot of people have a great preoccupation with knee-jerk reactions in this community. It takes both criticisms and praise towards a spectrum of changes for something to make a good progress, and so far from what I've seen, U9 is pretty good progress.

Edited by Tangerine

Quality - Gameplay

Warframe was never a slow, tactical game and I'd hate to see it become one. Warframe was at its most fun when it was dumb running, gunning and slashing through hordes of enemies and nuking them with dumb OP powers. Its obvious from nightmare mode and over abundance of stunlock that DE doesn't even have the first clue of how to design something challenging in the first place. Making the game a slow slog is just a boring, unfun way to do it.

Warframe was never a slow, tactical game and I'd hate to see it become one. Warframe was at its most fun when it was dumb running, gunning and slashing through hordes of enemies and nuking them with dumb OP powers. Its obvious from nightmare mode and over abundance of stunlock that DE doesn't even have the first clue of how to design something challenging in the first place. Making the game a slow slog is just a boring, unfun way to do it.

I completely agree. Except for the "nuking them with dumb OP powers." While my quote is exactly how i feel. I dont feel that was a good thing. Especially because you can spam that stuff.

Lets face it guys, the most fun you ever had in this game was when you first started. Where you werent OP. Before the combat got stale with just spamming your strongest elements while you prayed for the RNG to turn in your favor. The game should be more of how the beginning felt. Not a complete change into something every other online mmo turns into.

I completely agree. Except for the "nuking them with dumb OP powers." While my quote is exactly how i feel. I dont feel that was a good thing. Especially because you can spam that stuff.

Lets face it guys, the most fun you ever had in this game was when you first started. Where you werent OP. Before the combat got stale with just spamming your strongest elements while you prayed for the RNG to turn in your favor. The game should be more of how the beginning felt. Not a complete change into something every other online mmo turns into.

Most fun I've had was when my ogris hits max level and I get to blow stuff up real good with it. Then I use another forma and sigh as I begin levelling it again.

Except that is early on. Any AOE spells is practically worthless against enemies level 70 and above unless you multi-cast.

Nightmare mode just bring the difficulty faster but there were no checks done before hand.

Because now any new player that had just completed terminus or M Prime can have a chance of getting Nightmare mode the moment they finish that mission.

That cuts out their ability to level and farm.

Edited by fatpig84

Exactly and well said that this game must not turn into a slow paced game and must remain the feel of being a super bad ninja just walking through a door of 20 grineers and out the door in 3 seconds because of how powerful and amazing they are. You feel very powerful to simply put it. 

The whole aura thing bummed me out because, I liked U8's artifact system which is similar to Battlefield 3's squad item (ammo,sprint,suppression etc.). 

I don't want to sound very childish for being disappointed but, I was very happy with feeling powerful... 

I loved the feeling of having a Orthos and Kunai maxed (playing with controller melee style) and slashing through hordes of infested like nothing until ancients come in swarms at around 15-20 (gotta step back and be smart because of poisons). 

I don't want a MMORPG feeling. That's all. I want the artifacts to return to the way it was and I DEFINITELY don't like feeling really weak with really powerful things from last update on a planet that was leveled to be massive easy. Why not create new planets and leave the old planets with the same difficulty that it was last update and just make the newer ones more difficult! It will allow beginners to be familiar and enjoy the feeling of the game as though they were all really great at the game (It's not competitive so there's a definite feel to being all powerful as it's a coop RPG). 

Just made couple of missions on nightmare mode.
dont bring a low hp pool frame to Vampire mission its a painfull experience.

Overall very good update,loved new vor voice and look the fight its pretty dinamic and fun.

He appeared as a level 31 boss with my vauban (level 20).

I like the lore page Simple  and clean with the music playing on the Background.

Nice work DE