Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel attack mods question

Vademar306

Question

I know this may not be the first time this question has been asked but do you need mods such striker on carrier prime or warrior on wyrm prime or retarget for taxon for the sentinel to shoot?

Also would the sentinel not shoot without this mod? since I kinda need the space for another mod if this is not necessary, Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Vademar306

6 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Vademar306 said:

Also would the sentinel not shoot without this mod?

Correct, without the mod they will not use their weapon even if you have one equipped unless there is a precept that needs one such as Looter.  Noone really uses that one though.

Most people only use sentinels for their CC precepts and basic utility like vacuum, animal instinct and guardian.  

13 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Most people only use sentinels for their CC precepts and basic utility like vacuum, animal instinct and guardian.  

Well, considering Taxon's weapon is single target control and it often switches to the nearest target, at least for me, Re-target ends up being super useful, especially when you make it Viral or Blast, or even Gas. It may not do much damage, but it gives enough reaction time to do something about Butchers, Shockwave MOAs and/or Lancers or Troopers that want to get frisky

There seems to be a weird bug where Taxon will fire the weapon after using Molecular Conversion, even if Retarget isn't equipped.

But other than unintended cases like that, yeah, you need one of the firing precepts if you want your sentinel to actually use its weapon. If you want to use a sentinel with zero risk of some freak bug causing it to shoot and attract attention, you can also unequip the sentinel weapon entirely (which seems to be a relatively new addition).