Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple accounts on the same IP

frogdivision

Question

Recently I found an old article about having multiple accounts. They have not interacted yet, which is fine, but my brother also has a warframe account, and we both play on the same IP, sometimes using the same computer. The accounts have interacted a bit, and we might have traded before, as well as being in the same clan. Can my brother's account get me banned?

4 answers to this question

My best guess is, yes only if you two interact too much? I think the multiple account policy is to prevent people from transferring the 50 free plats to their main accounts, or bypass the amount/daily/weekly-locked items like Sortie/event rewards or trading amount.

I think as long as you two do your thing seperately, it should be okay..i think even being in the same squad shouldn't be a problem, because it's quite impossible for 1 person to move 2 characters independently simultaneously xD

But that's just my opinion :)

I don't think there are any automated systems against multiple accounts using the same IP or if there are, no automated punishments.

While you can't bypass account limitations etc. by using alt accounts, plenty of people play with their family members or someone else with the same IP without any problems.

You and your brother are 2 different owners of 2 different accounts, interacting is fine. Ownership is not tied to IPs, since IPs typically change each time the router is switched on by a good number of internet providers out there. The problem would only exist if you owned both accounts and you let your brother use one so that you could make the two accounts interact. If you are ever somehow auto-banned by the bot, refute it by filing a ticket and contacting the developers through their social media profiles.