Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resources And Mission Lvls Are Out Of Hand. It Scares New Players.

Aure7

I am not sure what is happening but I ASSUME they're going to fix drop rates and rare resources are going back to rare.

But when they do, some serious problems will come out. Previously resources were more or less balanced, each resource was obtainable from planets with low and high levels, giving new players a chance to build items. Control module was the annoying one because It's irritating to fight hyena over and over again, but it was somewhat low leveled, and that was ok. Now Neptune was moved to sky high difficulties, europa is not that easy too and control module is essential for building things for all players.

And control module is just an example, at least for me hyena is hardcore mode, and many more essential missions are WHICH YOU CAN'T SKIP. I am afraid in this situation a bunch of newbies will quit the game for the rest of it's existence, unless they've got a friend to babysit them trough the harsh start of the game. 

Edited by Aure7

Rare resources drops easy from barrels/lockers in Nightmare mode.

I got 5 Control Modules from doing Psamanthe, but Hyena only dropped one. One resource pickup from a locker gave me TWO control modules.

EDIT: I got 5 Neurodes just running Nightmare areas on Earth, not even fighting Vay Hek..

Edited by Shion963

+1

I can barely get through Pluto on solo now. And i primarily play solo because I enjoy it... now its just way too hard.

And this is me using maxed out mods and multiple forma items.

DE always had the problem with not recognizing how difficult soloing can be.  While Pluto should never be easy, a player with maxed out potatoed weapons and frame should be able to solo Pluto with medium difficulty, but Pluto should also give a group of 4 players the same amount of difficulty.  Currently, level 70 enemies on Pluto is a good challenge for a group of four players (and an increase in difficulty that I have been waiting for).  DE needs to redesign how much enemy levels scale with the number of players.

It sounds callous, but I'm assuming DE is more than likely going to prioritize polishing the multiplayer end of things first due to the fact that that's simply how the majority of players are experiencing the game. They don't hate you guys, its just common sense. Just be patient and try to remember we're still in beta here. If the game was problem-free, it would have been officially released.

Also - and I realize I'm about to open up a big can of worms here - but why would anyone want harsher drop rates?

Edited by Dirt_Nap

It sounds callous, but I'm assuming DE is more than likely going to prioritize polishing the multiplayer end of things first due to the fact that that's simply how the majority of players are experiencing the game. They don't hate you guys, its just common sense. Just be patient and try to remember we're still in beta here. If the game was problem-free, it would have been officially released.

Also - and I realize I'm about to open up a big can of worms here - but why would anyone want harsher drop rates?

The issue is common and uncommon are barely dropping.

I havent had a single Ferrite drop since the update, yet Ive garnered like 30 morphics.

Hows that even possible?

Well I don't think soloing pluto is really meant to be done and I am happy that there are some planets encouraging true team play.

...But with resources I don't even know, if they Do fix it what will they do with all the rare resources we just received?

I havent had a single Ferrite drop since the update, yet Ive garnered like 30 morphics.

Hows that even possible?

To the best of my knowledge, this is a bug that came from re-adjusted loot tables, and I'm pretty sure DE is aware of it and is working it out - in fact, the morphics everywhere has already been fixed.

if they Do fix it what will they do with all the rare resources we just received?

They're letting us keep them it seems. They gave us all free Orokin Catalysts and a weapon slot for killing 20 drones, remember?

To the best of my knowledge, this is a bug that came from re-adjusted loot tables, and I'm pretty sure DE is aware of it and is working it out - in fact, the morphics everywhere has already been fixed.

They're letting us keep them it seems. They gave us all free Orokin Catalysts and a weapon slot for killing 20 drones, remember?

Im not talking about the morphics bug, I got 30 morphics AFTER they hotfixed it. I got 5 neurodes on a Xini defense to wave 5. I got like 15 control modules doing Raptor 4 times.

And Ferrite, that I needed? 0

I spent a lot of time playing solo due to S#&$ty hosts, not because I didn't want to play with other people. With the massive re-leveling, I'm pretty limited in where I can go. And usually when I can even find a place that has a group, since that's a pain in the &#! to even see now, they'll ping too high to bother with.

I was leveling up my fourth frame, leveling up a new set of weapons, generally been having a blast playing the game, grouped or not. Now, I don't even want to play. I don't want to try and find a group. Soloing isn't fun.

Having the extra challenge available for people who want it is fine. Options are good. I feel like now the only thing I could do is try to find a regular group and hope someone in said group can handle hosting without the game playing like a 3rd-grader's stop-motion film.

I've "only" clocked about 90 hours, but if I was just coming into this game, I'd be hard-pressed to hit a single one.