The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Constant Never Ending Freezing...(Screen will blink weird flashy colors, freeze, but game still plays in the background)

HoBoxX7Xx

I'm absolutely done with this game now. I have posted on the forums and have received not a single bit of advice or help from ANY DE support. I use to never get these freezes. First the freezing started off with just the screen freezing. Then it progressed to different freezes where either my whole computer will crash or flashing colors will blink just before the freeze happens. I am absolutely certain this is not a problem with my laptop itself as I did not have this problem before and have not had this problem with any other game that I play. Keep in mind, every time the screen does freeze that I still hear the game running perfectly fine in the background.

My FPS is fine, Temps are fine, and the game runs fine until it freezes up. It mostly freezes during missions. I have tried every thing that has been posted and even tried doing what DE recommends on one of their troubleshooting page. None of it has worked. I went as far as running on the lowest possible settings and resolution, but no solution still even from that. I do not go a day without getting a freeze from this game. This is unbelievably frustrating to not being able to progress in this game and losing any bit of your rewards because of this problem. Some days I do get lucky where I only freeze at least once. Most days I freeze anywhere from 5-10 times, sometimes up to 15, and that is not an over-exaggeration. I love this game honestly. I enjoy it very much, but this freezing problem just makes trying to advance pointless as you end up not being able to. Plus, from the buggy server the other day with relic rewards not being given and losing said relics or any rewards given from relic missions just adds too it. Especially since I'm still reading that this is still a problem right now. 

Things I've tried:

Disabling DX11, DX10,~(runs awful on DX9, aka terrible FPS drops)~. Going borderless fullscreen, going windowed mode, disabling plenty of graphical details, lowering resolution, underclocking stock gpu(not OC'd to begin with),  making sure nothing was running in the background, reinstalling GPU drivers, and trying stress tests to see if its a memory leak problem(memory seems fine in my task manager and in game fps bar with memory usage showing). None of these things have even fixed the issue.

One thing I have noticed that I'm looking into is that the game drains my battery like hell though I have notice this happen with other games I play too except there are no lock ups/freezes..(its plugged in when battery is lowering). Now I still don't think that is the issue as I have tested running the game with 100% battery while plugged in only to still get lock ups 10-20 minutes into logging on.

I would love to continue playing this game, but I cannot continue to with these major bugs/issues unless I can get some support from DE to help resolve said issues?