Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soo... Infested Impedance....

AnonymousArab

Just recently, I was playing on Xini with some random people. During the 5 waves that I stayed, something strange was happening. Large amounts of Infested would sit at the spawn and not move, and the ones that were moving were jittering whilst moving slowly. I know it wasn't lag because any damage I did to them was updated in real time (plus I was host, too). Apparently, one of the guys had Infested Impedance ranked up to allow 20% decrease in Infested speed.

I guess Infested Impedance is really good. In fact, it is so good, it is absolutely annoying. The lot of us had to spend several minutes each round finding all the Infested that didn't bother to move. I didn't see a consistently updating enemy marker either, which made it far more annoying. What would have taken maybe 5 minutes to get to round 5 took an extra 10 minutes. I ran Xini several times before this incident, and Infested were working just fine in those matches. Then Infested Impedance came along.

This is clearly a bug, but I posted it in the gameplay section because Infested Impedance breaks the pace of the gameplay. This is the only instance I've had where this happened, but I'm certain it won't be the last.

i did xini with 2 other people on nightmare. The first 2 rounds took so long because a single person has infested impedence i had to leave. There was no way in hell i was going to sit through the entire 15 waves like that. Infested impedence slows the game to a crawl and is horribly unfun. It simply needs to be removed. Even if its bugged now and slowing more then it should be, slowing down the enemies is a lame feature. 

Edited by aTaVaX

I made a joke in a similar Xini run, in which I claimed that instead of being -5% speed, it was actually just setting their speed to 5%.

Then I saw all the guys stuck at spawn. I hate it when the internet takes me being flippant seriously.

One of the first things I did when Update 9 came out was upgrade this to 15% because, as an artifact, it was a bit weak but reasonable. I immediately regretted upgrading it and refuse to it until it's fixed. -_-

Me and a friend just got done with a Nightmare defense on Io, in Jupiter. We were having problems since I was Trinity and he was Volt, so we rethought our tactics and I decided that Infested Impedence might be helpful, and since it has the same polarity as Trinity's aura slot, I pumped it up to 15%. Fifteen waves took about 55 minutes.

It's really really annoying. The enemies just stand around in the spawns, or randomly saunter around never leaving the room they spawned in. Sometimes the chargers are able to start moving away from it towards the pod, and even up to it, but I didn't see any other enemies do so. They behaved normally once they became aware of us.

I think the problem might have something to do with pathfinding, the enemies are moving too slowly for the pathfinding to register that they're actually moving and it resets them to the default "standing around" behavior. Something along those lines, perhaps?