Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Direction Of The Game

Bakim0n0

DE...

Please pay attention to what is going on here; people are growing increasingly displeased with your design choices.

I've said this in the past, you guys need to slow down and actually polish your content before dumping buggy and poorly thought out changes on us if you want this game to retain any semblance of it's population.

This last update was a step in the wrong direction for various reasons, and I have yet to meet anyone who is genuinely pleased with it.

Please stop rushing content.
Please go back and address the problems that are actual problems.
New gear is fine and dandy but make sure they will actually compete with other options.

If things continue as they are there wont *be* a playerbase by the time the PS4 version comes out.

DE...

Please pay attention to what is going on here; people are growing increasingly displeased with your design choices.

I've said this in the past, you guys need to slow down and actually polish your content before dumping buggy and poorly thought out changes on us if you want this game to retain any semblance of it's population.

This last update was a step in the wrong direction for various reasons, and I have yet to meet anyone who is genuinely pleased with it.

New gear is fine and dandy but make sure they will actually compete with other options.

If things continue as they are there wont *be* a playerbase by the time the PS4 version comes out.

WE are beta testers. WE are testing the game, then they fix it. when you installed the game it said exactly that.

WE are beta testers. WE are testing the game, then they fix it. when you installed the game it said exactly that.

No wai. Thank you for telling me obvious information, I was totally unaware of that. I guess you're trying to say terrible design choices are ok since it's in beta? And not fixing content just slapping out new stuff is ok because it's in beta. Lots of games approached game design like that... and they died; been watching it happen for a good 15 years now.

Um... could you possibly be more specific?

Being vague isn't going to help any. Don't be a BDLR. (Florida State Prosecutor)

I don't really need to be specific, the forums are on fire with the various issues.

I have the bad feeling they are doing this because they lost a lot of players in the last 2 or 3 months.

I cant believe they arent done with the basics. Like a /unstuck command. Or that they havent fixed bugs which exists since months. Like Ashs Bladestorm bugging out and making you fly over the map.

And you have all the right to say so. I  once made a post where i explained why iam so disappointed about how they handle communication between developers and playerbase (BETATESTERS). Its still the same issue.

This game is in beta.  You signed up to be a tester.  So when you complain that all their stuff is untested before release... I mean yeah it probably is.  Cause that is our job~

Cool story. Now actually read my OP.

Testing is pointless if instead of fixing the answer we get is new content which is full of problems followed by doing the same thing over and over.

Big bugs get fixed, polish occasionally gets addressed, most of the time instead of a meaningful fix to actual issues the response is more half working content that never gets fully addressed.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Boom and laut, you are utterly in the wrong here to criticize Baki as not being aware of his role as Beta Tester. He is stating his opinion in a very objective fashion. I agree that as of late things seem a little rushed. However, I would really like to hear more specifics from the OP. Sure, there are many threads about many issues, but you have stated that things are going wrong because they are being rushed. This is a very specific complaint that I have not found elsewhere so far. It would be helpful if you could state what exactly you would bring into connection with rushing content. corpse extended upon your point quite well by stating that basics have not been attended to in favour of new content. I would also agree with that. I would prefer more fixes to more content at the moment. For example it also feels like the hitbox of objects, especially in conjunction with melee weapons, is flawed. These are all issues caused by rushing. We should not push the responsibility of listing the problems onto others simply because they are already reporting them.

I don't see many new contents in U9 really. Most of them are adjustments of existing content.

However, DE delay the release and wait for it to be relatively bug free but design choice is still the same. If they release this update 3 weeks later and almost bug free with nightmare mode/same aura setup/ same market change - people will still complain about it.

The way I see it - Release now to gauge the reaction toward the changes and revise them while fixing bug is a better option. At least DE can gather feedback before investing too much time and resource into the update. 

my opinion for patch 9

- aura mod: (old artifacts): really bad.. with that u MUST forma ur frame many times to actually use all the good mods u want. also the buff of these aura mods are way to big. imagine 4 players with 45% rifle damage?! just TOO much DE... imagine u want ur frost to have energy .. u MUST forma him for that polarity and than u can only choose about 4 aura mods for frost.. not some defense aura mods or others. if u want u must forma AGAIN.. and than u lose the energy siphon - polarity.. thats just bad.  and of course the biggest problem: they even take more polarity points... for aura

my suggestion: bring back old artifacts and buff them a little (not as hardcore as now)

- new captain vor: awesome. but look at the drop rate please.. ive heard people already did 100 runs and only found 1 part of the new pistol or NOTHING at all.

- more and new void rooms & void modes (keys) :

overall its really cool and good. but for gods sake.. please fix that damn lock down S#&$ when u try to exit a parcour room.. u MUST abort the game to get out.. or let teammates back to walk to the end. (but if u do it alone and get trapped ur #*($%%@) its the same bug as pre patch 9,0

new void missions are really good. (tho i didnt test mobile defense yet)

- new prime weapons:

its fine and all.. but 5 ?? i find it a bit too much for that 1 patch.. 2 to 3 would have been enough

- new map system: awesome BUT.. ive heard that players in ur party cannot see anymore were the others clicked on (planet or mission) fix that...

- nightmare mode & nightmare mods: both awesome but not as hard as i thought. mods we will see but they look really powerful

- platinum for resources: i dont like that and its also completly out of control. example: 3000 nano spores (i think i got 300 000) for 50 or 90 platinum? rly?   no comment on that.

- new warframe : great

- new drones boss: maybe a bit too powerful for beginners but i like it

also did anyone notice that like 99% of all missions in game got buffed up?? in ranks..

like xini.. before they had rank 37 at wave 1. now they got 50... 

again something about the void locked issue.. its really annoying if u play for maaaaaaaany minutes in a void (when trying to discover every room) and spend allllllot of time in it. and than u get locked and cant get out anymore.. and u must leave the mission

thats the first time i dont like something in a patch since i play this game. specially the aura thing

Edited by HansVanHugendong

No wai. Thank you for telling me obvious information, I was totally unaware of that. I guess you're trying to say terrible design choices are ok since it's in beta? And not fixing content just slapping out new stuff is ok because it's in beta. Lots of games approached game design like that... and they died; been watching it happen for a good 15 years now.

i agree that they should fix the old content, but you are complaining that the new content for the beta testers is buggy. they are a very small team, they will fix it faster if we test them and then they fix it than if they would test it themselves and then they fix it

-snip-

Both new marketplace weapon offerings (the new shotty and new throwing knives) are underpowered to the point of being painful; but that's forgivable because weapons can be adjusted

Aura mods, good idea that it creates more diversity and upgradability to the artifact system, bad idea that it directly punishes players by taking up energy points and they come *with* polarity and the slots *start* polarized. This only encourages people to run without those bonuses and robs people of a much needed edge for earlier gameplay.

UI is great that we can scroll / drag etc but the planets are too small, the major UI issues of the past seem to still be there (freezing, UI lag, lack of essential functions like unequipping all mods with a single button or even pre-made load-outs. Still no meaningful matchmaking UI improvements, Foundry UI improvement seemed ok other than not working (which is forgivable)

Market changes are... exasperating... Not putting in a trading system to preserve the integrity of the game, promising a fix to the drop rates of materials including material rewards on alerts and then putting them on the market for plat is a clear example of saying one thing and doing another.

A handful of old bugs have returned with this patch (also forgivable)

Clan capping; a good way to address the perceived issue between clan sizing, also a great way to create a brand new problem because a clan with 301 members has the same costs as a clan with 1,000. This actually encourages clans to kick out members during building processes and makes it a nightmare for the mega huge clans to deal with having to now micro-manage a clan alliance.

Drop rates are fubar (forgivable, should be fixed shortly)

Vor's tesla coil is absurd

This is just off the top of my head; I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff I am forgetting.

i agree that they should fix the old content, but you are complaining that the new content for the beta testers is buggy. they are a very small team, they will fix it faster if we test them and then they fix it than if they would test it themselves and then they fix it

You're not hearing me. I don't have a problem with them taking more time to bug fix and I'm not complaining about new content being buggy... I'm complaining about them putting out *new buggy content* instead of *fixing old buggy content* update after update.

I repeat; new buggy content is fine when you fix the old buggy content; new rushed content instead of fixing old problems is what I am complaining about.

Edited by Bakim0n0

You're not hearing me. I don't have a problem with them taking more time to bug fix and I'm not complaining about new content being buggy... I'm complaining about them putting out *new buggy content* instead of *fixing old buggy content* update after update.

I repeat; new buggy content is fine when you fix the old buggy content; new rushed content instead of fixing old problems is what I am complaining about.

i said the exact same thing at the start of that post, "i agree that they should fix the old content"

You are wrong. There's me and a lot more of people pleased with this update.

Ok. So you're the first person I've met to actually be happy with this update.

I've met four people who have played since closed beta quietly uninstall in the last 8 hours and I'm seeing most of my friends log in for an hour or two and then logging out to play other games during prime time right after a brand new patch.

i said the exact same thing at the start of that post, "i agree that they should fix the old content"

And then you followed it up by saying I complained about the new content being buggy... which is not what I said, even in the OP. I've been saying for weeks if not months now they need to be fixing the problems in game instead of trying to rush out more content.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Ok. So you're the first person I've met to actually be happy with this update.

I've met four people who have played since closed beta quietly uninstall in the last 8 hours and I'm seeing most of my friends log in for an hour or two and then logging out to play other games during prime time right after a brand new patch.

That's not my fault. We're not obliged to like the very same things.

Sorry for your friends or whatever they were, but I'm gonna be honest, we're better without those players (: 

That's not my fault. We're not obliged to like the very same things.

Sorry for your friends or whatever they were, but I'm gonna be honest, we're better without those players (: 

Thats funny because i thought we could do better without non-critical betatesters.

But who am i to develop my own opinion, right ? Cheerio ! ^^

Edited by corpseshock

to anyone saying that he doesn't have the right to complain because it's a beta yadda yadda: We put money into this game so we have the right to speak up FFS, a beta isn't supposed to charge dearly, yet they do ... And yes the game is taking a lot of wrong turns, as everything is made to make you cough more cash, I have to admit that the latest boss (making the new frame a non-alert drop) even if completely douchey and flawed in every possible way is a good step forward from vauban (i bought him the day he was released so don't call me cheap --), anyway: Me no likey not being an invincible space ninja anymoarh... *pets his wounded loki*

This is absolutely true, but a lot of us are still worried. The things they need to "fix" would mean undoing a lot of what they just did and we're just not sure if they will do something like that.

Edited by Ryald

I am more then pleased with U9 - step in a different direction is not obligatory step in wrong direction. The main difference between U8 and U9 is that U8 only added new content while U9 changes a lot of old, yet many people hate U9. Why? Just because they have different vision. Majority of community demanded harder content and when we finally got it, well, I don't even need to comment that...

I have the bad feeling they are doing this because they lost a lot of players in the last 2 or 3 months.

Actually, according to Raptr, Warfram was 18th in April, 9th in May and 5th in June on most played games list. Check your info before post.

Oh and in regards to clan tiers - your clan is NOT put in tier accordingly to its actual size but accordingly to hall you have. If you exceed cap then you can't recruit more players until you expand - nobody is tossed away.

Thats funny because i thought we could do better without non-critical betatesters.

But who am i to develop my own opinion, right ? Cheerio ! ^^

People that are not interested in the game can never log in again because it's the best they do. that's what I'm saying. And a beta tester has the same importance that a non beta tester. As a founder has the same importance as a non founder player.

They left? It's their choice.

In my opinion 4 guys in the middle of this community is less then nothing.

This is how much I care for them.

I am more then pleased with U9 - step in a different direction is not obligatory step in wrong direction. The main difference between U8 and U9 is that U8 only added new content while U9 changes a lot of old, yet many people hate U9. Why? Just because they have different vision. Majority of community demanded harder content and when we finally got it, well, I don't even need to comment that...

It's like little kids that get a present and can't wait until they break it down to pieces one or 2 hours after they got it.

Me no likey not being an invincible space ninja anymoarh... *pets his wounded loki*

And since when we supposed to be invincible? You can't just rambo whole squadron of elite troops. Fight wise or die - this is war after all.

Edited by xGryphus