Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Europa, The Jupiter's Moon + Solution

--Q--Mrow

Welcome Tenno,

I don't really know, how much of You is interested abut astronomy. However, those who are, may feel very annoyed about that Europa is on Sun's orbit, even the furthest planet. All explanation are stupid. Ok, this is a sci-fi game, but how hard is to make Europa a Moon? And more, it's even unneeded, becouse there are more Dwarf Plantes in Solar System, it's just a matter of changing name, and even more it not even looks like Europa. There are Haumea and Makemake which could be done (and they are even further then Pluto, so it would be even right). I really don't see any difficulties in changing this (for someone detail, and for someone big thing, even dwarf planets are big :) This is only matter of name, this is my solution. However for those, which don't see any difference it won't do it.

Peace.

its obvious they picked known/popular names because they are ..... known and popular.

its less of a solar system and more of a funky spiral in space.

in this world its not a moon but a planet by its own right. just like ceres and any others they might come up with. the UI was cluttered enough before. no need to make it worse by having things be accurate to real life.

uranus has proper rings but rotates like a normal planet. i think that shows right there how little a damn they give about astronomical accuracy.

one way or another you would run out of new names eventually. might as well start with ones people recognize.

I really don't see it as all that unbelievable that, however many hundreds/thousands of years in the future Warframe takes place in, something happened to Europa that decoupled it from Jupiter.  I mean, scientists in our day and age are already talking about bring an asteroid into orbit of our moon or something.  Imagine what the Orokin could do?  I'm sure even the Grineer or Corpus would be capable of something like that, for whatever reason.

I would love, in a future lore update maybe, to find out what happened.

its obvious they picked known/popular names because they are ..... known and popular.

its less of a solar system and more of a funky spiral in space.

in this world its not a moon but a planet by its own right. just like ceres and any others they might come up with. the UI was cluttered enough before. no need to make it worse by having things be accurate to real life.

uranus has proper rings but rotates like a normal planet. i think that shows right there how little a damn they give about astronomical accuracy.

one way or another you would run out of new names eventually. might as well start with ones people recognize.

Who said it would be worse? And again, if for You it does not difference, then why you posted this. Other thing is recognize things, and other is knowing it wrong. And more, if someone knows Europa, becuse astronomy is what he like, i suppose he knows other planets, and explaining it: becuse it's  popular is sensless, it's not popular, and if it is, is as popular as Haumea at least.

I really don't see it as all that unbelievable that, however many hundreds/thousands of years in the future Warframe takes place in, something happened to Europa that decoupled it from Jupiter.  I mean, scientists in our day and age are already talking about bring an asteroid into orbit of our moon or something.  Imagine what the Orokin could do?  I'm sure even the Grineer or Corpus would be capable of something like that, for whatever reason.

I would love, in a future lore update maybe, to find out what happened.

I know it's in future, but it must be based on something, this can't just happen and so it is.. If they explain it, I'm ok. But for now it's just a mistake for me. I don't say it's most important thing in game, but i don't see reason to not change this.

And again, just stop explaining this. I love this game, and i can accept many things, it's just a small thing that for someone is different then for the others. I love sci-fi too, and i can immagine great story about that, and i don't mean to change thing like in real life.. I just like stuff, more realistic, you feel that, you can accept that, and other thing is improving, other invent things :)