Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

do "speed runs" become less common at later levels?

Khallis

I don't know if you have Volt too, but it's kinda impossible to do those levels before Naeglar without speedrunning them. I'm also using the Snipetron, and it's hard to aim for the headshot if there are a lots of infected dogs that are keep hitting you :/ I mean, I can't use 200 energy to clear a room from normal mobs. With the last Volt nerf, it's so frustating to do missions with the Infected. The number of Ancients is increased too, so the easy way to do the level is keep pressing 2... I'm not enjoying it obviously, but it's the only way for me right now. In other levels, where I can use my powers, I love to clear the entire map before going to the extraction point :)

yea it is kinda impossible...more like possible..but too much work...js to get to the boss..n watch it drop nano spores and a crappy white mod...@@

If I'm trying to farm for crafting materials, I take my time. If I'm just trying to farm a boss or unlock the next mission, I'll probably speed through. This is why I usually solo now. I don't like trying to fight for kills. I like going at my own pace.

Speedrunning can apparently be split into two different categories.

- People rushing the enemies rather then attempting to cover.

or

- People speeding for the mission goal rather then killing enemies or looting anything.

The first doesn't bother me too much, Warframe is just that kind of game. If the group is doing harder levels, things may well live long enough and be dangerous enough to allow someone to stand back and snipe, but if you're running through lower areas or if any of the group is just too strong, then you probably won't get to kill much.

The second one does grate on me though. There's a chance for resources everywhere, and enemies can also drop them or mods, so I hate passing everything by. I know that on boss stages, some are just out to repeatedly farm the boss as quickly as possible... and I look forward to improved grouping/matchmaking options for that very reason. Even if I'm farming the boss for a blueprint, I still want to play the game by actually engaging in combat, and maybe even searching the stages.

To each their own, or that would be true at least if we didn't just all get thrown together so randomly :)