Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to warframe

(XBOX)MickeyVex

Question

3 answers to this question

Sentients adapt to the type of damage you use to hurt them, every 20% health they lose they gain damage resistance to w/e type of damage hurt them the most. Use multiple types of damage on dif weapons to bypass the resistances as they build.

Spoiler

If you've completed The War Within, a certain laser has the effect of removing adapted sentient resistances, this is intended and works on any enemy with sentient style adaptive resistance.

Edited by (PS4)Sreza

Here are some tips I've found in my 700+ hours of this game.

1. Use extractors. They help a lot. Swap between Titan extractors and Distilling Extractors depending on what you need, try to have 6 Titans and 3 Distilling ones so you don't need to wait for their health to regenerate before redeployment.

2. Try everything. "Oh man, the Paracyst sucks!" "Tonkor is baaaeee!" "Dude wtf use Mirage with a Synoid Simulor" "Why would you need Chroma? Just tank with Valkyr or Nidus" These opinions will pop up now and then, and you should not pay too much attention to them. These comments will force you to only get the good stuff and shun the bad, like choosing the Galatine Prime over the Kogake. If you do this, you portion of experience you miss out with these "bad weapons and frames" may account for more than half of the whole Warframe experience. Try everything. Try anything. 

3. Don't go for the best weapons first. This is sort of a branch from the previous point. I had an aquaintance who was a really hard payer. Within his first 4 days of playing he cashed and bought a Soma Prime and all the right mods for it. I can say that that was a terrible decision. He never let go of it, and never tried anything else. "Dylki, i tried that Supra you told me about and holy **** man it was bullsh**! Like I couldn't even kill anything, I sold it immediately." That was what he said after he crafted his Supra and bought it to Ceres. (At the time Ceres was the highest level Grineer Planet) In his eyes, he compared everything to his Soma Prime to the point where it was disgusting. He refused to do things for fun and boasted about the speed at which he could take down hordes of high level enemies. Until today, I still don't think he's changed. His attitude prevented him from enjoying the full package of Warframe: It's like ordering an Oreo Cheesecake and licking off the Oreo crumbs off the top, leaving the rest to rot. He took the most delicious bits, and ONLY the most delicious bits. Once he tasted the sweetness of that, everything else was bitter on his tongue.

4. Make friends. Don't get too personal, just find someone you can go to for help or questions, someone to help you with tough missions and stuff. It not only helps make the game easier, but also more enjoyable. You also gain social opportunities!

5. Explore the forums. In the forums there's a lot of amazing things like art, guides and more. Just take a peek if you have time, and try to leave encouraging and wholesome comments if you can :3 If it's on an art thread, I'm sure you'd really make the artist's day!

6. Take it easy. This is the second-most important point. I cannot emphasize this more: TAKE. IT. EASY. This game can subject you to grinding sometimes, and some people try to rush through everything to get to a high Mastery Rank or to complete all the quests. I made this mistake, and I realized the rest of my Warframe days were empty and meaningless. Slow down, take a look at stuff around you, appreciate the design of the tilesets and enemies, experiment how long it takes for the Hyena Pack to kill you if you go Loki with a speed build and run circles around them (actually don't try that). If you are slow and steady, you'll find that every time you come back, there will be something fun and amazing for you to do!

7. The most important point: Have fun!

If you have more questions you can send me a message: just click on my name up there and there should be an option on my profile :3

Edited by Dylki