Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Damage Is Kind Of Rediculous.

Paradox13

I've run through the Raptor assassination for Nova parts and the only thing I've seen survive taking more than two direct hits from the Seeker missiles is a Iron skinned rhino and a linked trinity. pretty much anything else gets one or two shot even if not directly hit by the missiles or cannon fire. Snow Globe helps but it's a double edged sword because he can just fly into it and nuke everyone sitting inside. So far the only effective way I have been able to help minimize deaths for me and my team is using Loki Switch teleport and trap him in the middle room but even then his missile explosion AOE is ridiculous! I think a lot of peopl would be happy if either his damage was dropped slightly or if maybe his AOE is reduced slightly cause a lot of people have all together given up on running that mission and getting the AM BPs from the Raptor. Which in turn makes it harder to get because no one is trying to play that mission. My question to the community is do you agree that the damage/AOE needs to get a nerf?

This is more of an issue with the ridiculous boss scaling nowadays, I can survive 3-8 shots depending on warframe while playing solo or duo, but once you get a 4 man team bosses get much harder.

Oh, and why do those mines even exist? How are we supposed to get to the drops if it coats the entire battlefield in mines?

Edited by TheHeraldXII

This is more of an issue with the ridiculous boss scaling nowadays, I can survive 3-8 shots depending on warframe while playing solo or duo, but once you get a 4 man team bosses get much harder.

Oh, and why do those mines even exist? How are we supposed to get to the drops if it coats the entire battlefield in mines?

Skill :D, besides, those mines don't go off instantly, so just stay clear, run like hell, and parkour like a real ninja and you'll be fine :D

Raptor's problem isn't his difficulty. Yes, the only way to easily beat him is a team that includes both Frost (Snow Globe) and Trinity (Energy Vampire), but he CAN be beaten a couple other ways. Namely its possible and more tedious than difficult to simply spread around the map once he flies into the middle, and then just snipe him repeatedly and taking cover every time he launches a salvo at you, something that can be done with any combination of frames.

His problem is his buggy drops and AI. He often gets stuck in the mountains, making him unbeatable. Sometimes he even seems to get stuck in midair, leaving him only moving up and down if at all. His drops are also bugged in more than just droprate. Apart from the obvious issue of him leaving drops where they can't be obtained, he also outright doesn't drop anything at times, and other times he does drop something but it flew somewhere and you have to scour the whole area near where he was flying over to see if it dropped there. The drop rates also seem bugged, but that's for another thread I think.

hide behind the rock pillar you see when you first walk into that map. or get inside the greenhouse (that building in the middle. not sure what else to call)

i find the smoke graphic more annoying though. cant see with that smoke just sitting there.

I've been having some great success using Ember. With a maxed Focus and Overheat I'm sitting at around 91% damage reduction which allows me to stay in the open and tank all of his damaging abilities. Once the heat-seeking missiles appear simply take cover and repeat the process. 

I've been having some great success using Ember. With a maxed Focus and Overheat I'm sitting at around 91% damage reduction which allows me to stay in the open and tank all of his damaging abilities. Once the heat-seeking missiles appear simply take cover and repeat the process. 

See people? it's not that hard, remember the jackal? has an instant death attack, you keep certain distance or use whatever cover you have just to be careful, the same applies here

Even when it's fixed there's a big probability the raptor will keep his damage really high, there's a time to attack and one to retreat and take cover, that's the real difficulty

Buggy drops, level scaling and rocket spamming is the real problem here, but if the rockets stay (nerf'd obviously) then we're back to learning how to use the rocks, house and containers as cover, you know, because he is a boss fight...

So you concede Raptor is broken because it absolutely requires you to use cover in a game that isn't a cover shooter?

So you never retreated from a fight to recover your shields or avoid being killed because of the amount of enemies? that's taking cover, you learned to do it the first day the enemies tried to rape you playing warframe

Stop being a walrus just because some enemies require a bit more precision or strategy to defeat them... the boss needs fixing yeah but that's it, he is not imposible now and with the fix he will be easier

To be fair, Ember kind of makes the entire game way too easy with the right build.

Ember, maxed out World on Fire, Continuity, Stretch, Focus and Flow. Make sure you have at least 400 energy. Get inside the small building in the center of the arena. Spam World on Fire through the wall until Raptor dies. 100% safe, no shooting required.