Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to get past load screen on DX11 after Win 10 creators update [SOLVED]

RustGear

just updated to creators update today to find i was unable to get to login screen on warframe, multiple attempts later i successfully managed to after switching to dx9 via launcher.

things i have tried:

• enabling/disabling game mode
  • enabling/disabling game bar
  • verified/optimised game cache (seen that copy paste response waaaaaaay too many times)

CPU: AMD FX8350

GPU: MSI 1070 GTX   driver: 381.65

ANSWER DISCOVERED!

3 hours ago, RustGear said:

oh oh oh! just got it working, i went into nvidia control panel set vsync to let application decide and only had dx11 selected on the launcher, always used dx10 and 11 toggled

edit: managed to narrow it down, it was v-sync set at fast in the nvidia control panel causing the crash all along. never had any trouble with it pre-creator's

Edited by RustGear

I'm having a similar issue.

After moving up to the Win10 creators update launching warframe in full screen(and borderless mode) causes the game to freeze right as I reach the first loading screen. When Alt-tabbing I can see the game running perfectly fine in the preview window and the game audio can be heard. Tabbing into WF instantly freezes the screen again. I've tried the same methods of troubleshooting as the OP as well as different compatibility settings for the exe's, nothing worked except the mentioned disabling of dx11 and dx10 in launcher.

Hardware: i5 3550, 16gb of ram, R9 270x(17.4.2 drivers when i discovered the issue, I updated to 17.4.3 to see if it would fix it)

Edited by EnemySniperBF2

16 hours ago, EnemySniperBF2 said:

I'm having a similar issue.

After moving up to the Win10 creators update launching warframe in full screen(and borderless mode) causes the game to freeze right as I reach the first loading screen. When Alt-tabbing I can see the game running perfectly fine in the preview window and the game audio can be heard. Tabbing into WF instantly freezes the screen again. I've tried the same methods of troubleshooting as the OP as well as different compatibility settings for the exe's, nothing worked except the mentioned disabling of dx11 and dx10 in launcher.

Hardware: i5 3550, 16gb of ram, R9 270x(17.4.2 drivers when i discovered the issue, I updated to 17.4.3 to see if it would fix it)

If by any chance you have "Frame Rate Target Control" enabled in Radeon Settings (both Global and Warframe profiles) try disabling it.

Edited by Melchiah

oh oh oh! just got it working, i went into nvidia control panel set vsync to let application decide and only had dx11 selected on the launcher, always used dx10 and 11 toggled

@Zankoas @EnemySniperBF2 (for you enemy i dunno what v-sync setting is relevent for you)

edit: managed to narrow it down, it was v-sync set at fast in the nvidia control panel causing the crash all along. never had any trouble with it pre-creator's

Edited by RustGear