Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raptor Ai - Possibly Bugged?

Archwizard

So, Raptor has a tendency to fly off when you're fighting him. I get it, he's a flying boss, but then he positions himself in places you often physically can't reach.

For example, once today I've seen him fly out over the sheer drop to the left of your entry to a hangar on the opposite end of the map (moving by land, that is), and park himself in the air over a dead zone in the back of the hangar. It took us about 5 minutes to reach him. When we killed him... even if he had dropped anything, it would've been lost to said dead zone- which is really odd considering how much he moved up until he got there.

For something more recent, I've ended up in three missions in a row today that looked like this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=159906382

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=159906353 (Sorry this one's not too clear, he wouldn't stop dropping mines underneath himself, this was the least explode-y screenshot I could get.)

When we finally sniped him down in my last one, he dropped a mod (the first drop I've ever seen him make, mind you) that ended up on the plateau above the battlefield. We spent about 10 minutes trying to parkour up the various cliff faces and outcroppings trying to reach our hard-earned prize, but the sharp overlook prevents wall-running all the way to the top.

Just to add a couple more perceived bugs to the list, as I stated, his drop rates are very low; even ignoring the universally low drop rate of blueprints, I've only seen him drop a mod once and never even any materials, which I haven't had happen on any other bosses until this point. When I was casting Bullet Attractor on him on my Mag, his rockets would explode before reaching the edge of the sphere but they wouldn't damage him either, which might be due to the Stretch mods I was using or just his inability to damage himself (in spite of one-shotting many players fighting him).