Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ember] Please Make Accelerant self buff for heat damage or fix its tooltip.

daget24

From a Ember main:

1. It would lose the utility as team damage buff, what is bad(even if 95% of the players will not mod for it). The reason why my Trinity did 60% of the damage in 40 waves of ODD with a Ember, Vauban and Nova was simply that I did chosen a weapon that is build around that ability when I seen somebody does play Ember(in return you could also say the player modded his own weapons badly, but that is common on most Ember players).

2. While the spam is a bit to required on Ember, it is required at higher levels anyway for CC to avoid damage so it is something that more or less constantly following you.

3. The accelerant augment flash accelerant is situational, it will actually provide less damage on most weapons build around fire damage for a buff to team damage. However it also can be useful solo since the change to affect Ember as well. It does have it's uses on weapons that can only use 1 or even zero heat mods where it adds to the scaling.

4. Having it only on targets that where within range at the time of the caste is consistent with Nova, Banshee and all other frames that apply team damage buffing abilities, that weakens targets, compared to just buffing other frames, like roar for example.

On 19.4.2017 at 3:31 PM, daget24 said:

You can do 100lvl sorties with oberon and lato if you try hard enough, thats never a compelling argument to use in somethings defense. WoF Falls of hard the moment enemies start reaching level 30, I don't see frames like Rhino or Frost to be broken OP yet they are hundred times more effective at the exact stuff you just said and having quirks of their own. Fireblast pushes away any melle attacker away and keeps them away while say you are reviving someone, it functions in the role it was designed for. The 5 sec stun won't help you on higher level because the moment 1231 thousand bombards and napalms that appear on high levels, stop stroking their eyes they will instantly one shot you anyway.

WoF properly modded and used with accelerant does fall off at L70 as map kill ability, however it is still useful since the rework for CC, compared to before the rework where you did not use it a high levels(since it was a waste of energy and the cast animation did get you killed non stop) and just did spam more accelerant.

This is a kuva fortress sorti survival with extra armor done solo with Ember:

TtPTMmo.jpg

The 5 second stun is what allows you to play Ember, I played the frame without it years ago and it was pure RNG at higher levels. However as you realized the key is CC and that is not only on accelerant but also on WoF and hopefully less RNG driven on a weapon that does the CC the first shot and every shot after this as well.

Edited by Djego27

8 hours ago, zzzNitro said:

I saw the Ember thread and thought of mentioning you @Djego27 just to see the in depth comment, I do believe there is a good amount of lost causes such as OP that will never even explained in the bests of ways understand Ember.

At this point im just confinced that OP wants his cake and to eat it too.

also this thread has taught me something...Im not the ONLY accelerant ember out there...yay~