Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does your plat get deducted when you choose the option to resume a trade later ?

(XBOX)DeluxeKnight831

Question

As the title says, does you plat get deducted if a trade is cancelled and you choose the option to resume it later ? I just went to trade with someone and after i accepted the trade they clearly backed out and i got a prompt asking if i wanted to to resume the trade at a later time or cancel the trade . i chose to resume because they would be back shortly. i noticed however that the plat had been deducted and i asked if they received it but haven't gotten an answer yet. it's been a few minutes and i'm getting frustrated. anyone know if this is a feature or if i just got cleverly scammed ?

Edited by (XB1)DeluxeKnight831

11 answers to this question

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

As the title says, does you plat get deducted if a trade is cancelled and you choose the option to resume it later ? I just went to trade with someone and after i accepted the trade they clearly backed out and i got a prompt asking if i wanted to to resume the trade at a later time or cancel the trade . i chose to resume because they would be back shortly. i noticed however that the plat had been deducted and i asked if they received it but haven't gotten an answer yet. it's been a few minutes and i'm getting frustrated. anyone know if this is a feature or if i just got cleverly scammed ?

-snip- I was mistaken.

Edited by JSharpie

It sounds like your trade went through? Did you receive the item you were trading for in your inventory? Check and double check.

If you're certain you are missing some platinum, and you haven't received anything in return, then you may want to consider submitting a support request. Provide as much information as possible, including the other persons name.

Regardless if it's a glitch or a scam support should be able to shine some light on the matter.

23 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

It didn't say they were backing out, it said that the trade had changed. What you clicked wasn't to resume the trade at a later date, that function doesn't exist. What you clicked was to continue the trade despite his bargain changing.

Edit: You weren't scammed, you just didn't read.

i am positive that was what i clicked because i read it clearly and googled to make sure an option like that existed which it does 

from a support article
"

What if my game crashes in the middle of a trade?

If your game crashes in the middle of a trade the other player will be notified that you have left. They will then have the option to cancel the trade, or resume it when you come back."

14 minutes ago, PeachyPurpleNova said:

It sounds like your trade went through? Did you receive the item you were trading for in your inventory? Check and double check.

If you're certain you are missing some platinum, and you haven't received anything in return, then you may want to consider submitting a support request. Provide as much information as possible, including the other persons name.

Regardless if it's a glitch or a scam support should be able to shine some light on the matter.

thanks for the reply. That's the first thing i did before coming here

58 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

What you clicked wasn't to resume the trade at a later date, that function doesn't exist.

It does exist and it's usually triggered by poor connections.

I have a clan mate who travels for work and he's sometimes forced to use a poor connection. On several occasions we have been faced with this prompt when trades have failed to go through. We have always chosen to completely cancel the trade and manually try again later.

Hopefully what happened to DeluxeKnight was just a glitch and nothing more, but it does have the potential to be a serious issue if someone has found a way to exploit the function to their advantage and scam other players.

Edited by PeachyPurpleNova

5 minutes ago, PeachyPurpleNova said:

It does exist and it's usually triggered by poor connections.

I have a clan mate who travels for work and he's sometimes forced to use a poor connection. On several occasions we have been faced with this prompt when trades have failed to go through. We have always chosen to completely cancel the trade and manually try again later.

Hopefully what happened to DeluxeKnight was just a glitch and nothing more, but it does have the potential to be a serious issue if someone has found a way to exploit the function to their advantage and scam other players.

just confirmed it was a scam