Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Penalties For Falling In Zones Where You Re-Appear On The Side

Essenzo

Everyone knows that in every level, off to the side or right in the middle are holes. You fall right in, the screen blackens and you re-appear unharmed right to the side. What's boring is you can evade enemy fire, make your shields come back etc. in that instance. Unrealistic and boring.

I suggest adding penalties for falling in those holes. You surely won't get a health deduction, but your shields could take a hit, you could start moving slower, your energy may be depleted, you may have your stats de-buffed etc. 

Food for thoughts :)

Maybe it's weird right now, but I'm only ok with this as long as the also remove the roll animation after you fall. The amount of times I've fallen and automatically rolled 10-20 metres into a pit is ridiculous. The current platforming mechanics aren't fluid enough to justify punishments for failing at platforming tasks.

If there is some sort of debuff, it should be a temporary one at best.

However, I have an even better suggestion for when you roll off. Instead of rolling off, your person grabs the edge and pulls themselves up. 

As far as jumping off, I see no real reason to put in a debuff or anything like that. You want the person to be able to get back into the fight, not have to worry about if making that jump will cut their shields or speed or something. 

If there is some sort of debuff, it should be a temporary one at best.

However, I have an even better suggestion for when you roll off. Instead of rolling off, your person grabs the edge and pulls themselves up. 

As far as jumping off, I see no real reason to put in a debuff or anything like that. You want the person to be able to get back into the fight, not have to worry about if making that jump will cut their shields or speed or something. 

It should be temporary, but like I said, you can currently abuse this feature to avoid enemy fire and let your shields come back. The de-buff could be a simple no-regeneration of shields for x seconds or shield regeneration rate divided by x.

Isn't the saying ''you learn from your mistakes?''

Except that 99% of the time I Fall down a pit its not from a mistake of my own. Its because the game's janky coding decided not to wall run. Or wall running launched me halfway across the map. Or I fell through a wall. Or the floor. Or my tenno didn't grab the ledge it was supposed to. Or he grabbed the ledge and flipped up when he wasn't supposed to and flipped off a cliff. Oh and then there's that annoying roll that randomly kicks in after a jump so if you try to jump OH HEY ROLL OFF A CLIFF UNCONTROLLABLY.

Except that 99% of the time I Fall down a pit its not from a mistake of my own. Its because the game's janky coding decided not to wall run. Or wall running launched me halfway across the map. Or I fell through a wall. Or the floor. Or my tenno didn't grab the ledge it was supposed to. Or he grabbed the ledge and flipped up when he wasn't supposed to and flipped off a cliff. Oh and then there's that annoying roll that randomly kicks in after a jump so if you try to jump OH HEY ROLL OFF A CLIFF UNCONTROLLABLY.

I know accidents can happen, but I'm addressing more the issue of intentionally doing this to abuse a system bug.

how about we link it to you account so when you fall in it costs you 20 platnum, or failing having that you loose a warframe or a weapon and slot or even better haw about it locks your account for 24 hours that sounds like a good punishment.

your right punishment for sometimes painful wall running is a good thing

Considering that this game has no fall damage, it doesn't make much sense for you to be penalised for falling down a giant hole. All it really does is save you from having to take the time and effort to climb back out again.

Also, most of the time I fall into a hole in this game is because the movement controls are unpolished and unresponsive, I don't want to deal with the frustration of being penalised because the game decided not to register me pressing the space bar. Although U9 has improved the controls a fair bit, so kudos to DE on that front. 

Easy solution.

Instead of being teleported up, the Tenno use a grappling gun to pull themselves out of the pit and flip over the last ledge where they touched down. No arbitrary punishments, and the Tenno get reinforced as badass space ninjas.

Edited by Exhack

Everyone knows that in every level, off to the side or right in the middle are holes. You fall right in, the screen blackens and you re-appear unharmed right to the side. What's boring is you can evade enemy fire, make your shields come back etc. in that instance. Unrealistic and boring.

I suggest adding penalties for falling in those holes. You surely won't get a health deduction, but your shields could take a hit, you could start moving slower, your energy may be depleted, you may have your stats de-buffed etc. 

Food for thoughts :)

You are already penalized by wasting time instead of doing something useful.

I have never seen anyone trying to exploit this; and I doubt they ever would. If there are enemies there they would have already grouped up and begun hitting you harder.. so no sheild penalty is needed.

I know accidents can happen, but I'm addressing more the issue of intentionally doing this to abuse a system bug.

I've literally never seen someone "Abuse" this. Instead it would penalize people because DE can't program very well and refuses to fix long standing issues.

how about we link it to you account so when you fall in it costs you 20 platnum, or failing having that you loose a warframe or a weapon and slot or even better haw about it locks your account for 24 hours that sounds like a good punishment.

your right punishment for sometimes painful wall running is a good thing

Oh man this is a great idea. You better watch out before DE scouts you for update 10! Watch as a fall into a pit is to lose all the equipment and mods you had (your frame and weapons too). Because they're dead now, and you can't just climb back up even though you're a ninja.

I've literally never seen someone "Abuse" this. Instead it would penalize people because DE can't program very well and refuses to fix long standing issues.

Oh man this is a great idea. You better watch out before DE scouts you for update 10! Watch as a fall into a pit is to lose all the equipment and mods you had (your frame and weapons too). Because they're dead now, and you can't just climb back up even though you're a ninja.

I thought the teleporting back to your last position wasn't a bad idea at all. The first time it happened to me, I actually thought it was a good idea to have it like it is. It takes the penalties away for trying to be A NINJA, flipping off the walls and killing stuff, the point of the game. I can see how if it was penalized, everyone would complain. How many times have you had an awesome moment of acrobatics only to have the auto rolling after a long jump roll you right into a pit?

Also I have never seen anyone abuse the pits. It teleports you right back to where you didn't want to be anyway. The enemies will still be there shooting at you, so it doesn't really solve anything to jump in a pit to save yourself.