The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Ascension Mis-Triggered

RTamis

Best friend started a Dojo so we could build our own.

After building it up, finishing all the research and what not we pick up a few random people to join. Mostly people like us, people who have lives and don't get to play much.

Little while later this new Dojo Ascension feature comes in. Rewards for our effort, nifty. Build ascension altar, leave clan message advertising that we'd like to have a day when we can all reap the reward. One week later, I make it online to find somebody came back and, unknowingly, activated the altar. At most 3 people got the benefit, not including my best friend, the clan founder.

No big deal, honest mistake. Open a ticket, explaining the situation, ask for a reset on the ascension and rewards. Nope, can't do it.

Now I can understand why DE wouldn't want to make it reset-able, but at the same time I'm pretty disappointed and bummed about this right now.

Why not instead of having a timer which leaves a window of time for people to get the reward, make available a number of prize packs dependent on the size of the Dojo. By example Ghost clan would get 10 packs, which then first 10 unique people in that clan to login would get. I would much prefer this due to the nature of my clan-mates.

Also, make it so the ascension activation can be restricted to specified clan ranks via the edit hierarchies option. It has been suggested, but I believe this is a must.

And maybe, give the support team the tools to reset Dojo Ascension. Pretty please?

Had an interesting thought today. Limit the amount of endo a person can receive as a reward from Dojo Ascension. So if you've previously received up to a Dojo rank 9 for Endo and you switch clans to another rank 9, you would receive no endo from that ascension. Instead it would remain a reward for a later date when somebody who hasn't received it joins the clan.

5 hours ago, RTamis said:

Had an interesting thought today. Limit the amount of endo a person can receive as a reward from Dojo Ascension. So if you've previously received up to a Dojo rank 9 for Endo and you switch clans to another rank 9, you would receive no endo from that ascension. Instead it would remain a reward for a later date when somebody who hasn't received it joins the clan.

Limitting it to globally once would be far better than the current system. I lately got new members for the clan and some of them WILL be left out because I had no idea DE implemented a timer to prevent clan-hopping.

Dear DE, this is not only a feedback, but an official complaint about this. You did not mention that there is a period in which members can not receive the reward, I checked. Nothing in the patch notes, the knowledgebase or on the wikipedia (at the time of me starting the ascension).

The minimum DE needs to do is add a prompt that warns you when you want to start ascension if there are members who can not attend it, asking you if you still want to go through with it.

On 21/04/2017 at 5:18 AM, ScribbleClash said:

Limitting it to globally once would be far better than the current system. I lately got new members for the clan and some of them WILL be left out because I had no idea DE implemented a timer to prevent clan-hopping.

Dear DE, this is not only a feedback, but an official complaint about this. You did not mention that there is a period in which members can not receive the reward, I checked. Nothing in the patch notes, the knowledgebase or on the wikipedia (at the time of me starting the ascension).

The minimum DE needs to do is add a prompt that warns you when you want to start ascension if there are members who can not attend it, asking you if you still want to go through with it.

just delete the ascension and wait 5 days or talk with your overloard, easy

17 minutes ago, --Blame-- said:

just delete the ascension and wait 5 days or talk with your overloard, easy

You do understand that your clans rank instantly changes to 9 once you triggered it, right? So the question right here is: Have you tested removing the altar successfully or are you just tossing out a suggestion that could "probably" stop it?

Also this does not help preventing these occurences in the future

Edited by ScribbleClash

4 hours ago, ScribbleClash said:

You do understand that your clans rank instantly changes to 9 once you triggered it, right? So the question right here is: Have you tested removing the altar successfully or are you just tossing out a suggestion that could "probably" stop it?

Also this does not help preventing these occurences in the future

you can remove your altar before goes on 48 hours endo stuff, already tested

Edited by --Blame--

3 hours ago, --Blame-- said:

you can remove your altar before goes on 48 hours endo stuff, already tested

It just dawned on me, that since you mentioned 48 hours, are you just talking about the duration it takes to build the altar? If so, please try to read things more carefully, this thread is about the ceremony ALREADY being underway.

I'll try to be clearer ..... the altar has 3 stages
0. standby, when you have no endo to collect
1. activation, when you need a certain amount of members to activate it
2. 48-hour ceremony, when the clan has 48 hours to get the endorsements

you can remove the altar on stage 0 or 1.

I already removed my altar in stage 1 before it reached the number of people needed for activation, when I put it back, it was the same way I deleted it.
It is a way for you to avoid the early activation of the altar if you have some players that you want to get endo but are never new in the clan

Edited by --Blame--

51 minutes ago, --Blame-- said:

I'll try to be clearer ..... the altar has 3 stages
0. standby, when you have no endo to collect
1. activation, when you need a certain amount of members to activate it
2. 48-hour ceremony, when the clan has 48 hours to get the endorsements

you can remove the altar on stage 0 or 1.

I already removed my altar in stage 1 before it reached the number of people needed for activation, when I put it back, it was the same way I deleted it.
It is a way for you to avoid the early activation of the altar if you have some players that you want to get endo but are never new in the clan

The ceremony goes for 72 hours. The issue here is not that we couldn't just not build the altar, the issue is that you wont get a warning before triggerig it, that some players wont be able to receive. Since such a prompt does not exist, they should've allowed cancelling the ceremony.