Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode Isn't Hard

holdenmcclure

Please don't misinterpret this as me trying to show off on the internet by claiming I'm simply 2pro or whatever. Nightmare is seriously a joke and doesn't add any significant challenge to most missions, in fact leech life missions make the game even easier.

Please consider just cranking up the enemy levels or something. I know you guys want to be creative about how you implement difficulty, but this game mode essentially shoots itself in the foot. It's not challenging, and it doesn't even make sense, and it completely invalidates normal missions because it drops tons of materials and rare mods compared to it's normal mode counterpart.

I love the concept, I really do. I was expecting an interesting end game for high mastery players, that was different from the inanity of running endless defense all day by encouraging players to rotate through Nightmare missions, but the sheer lack of difficulty makes it almost the same as the normal counterparts.

It's a great concept, but it certainly lacks anything nightmarish. I would love to see it be more restrictive, rather than just timed or vampire modes, something like primary/secondary/melee only, or no jumping, or no abilities. New enemies would be even better. Something a bit creepy, as opposed to standard enemies.

Yeah a buff to the over all danger of Nightmare mod is need. But right now since we are already talking about Nightmare mode I think that the Timed mod need to be change so that only certain marked enemies grant a time boost just to make it more different then Vampire mode.

Edited by EclecticDragon

Both the timed and vampire are pointless as a "nightmare."  You get a ridiculous amount of time for the timed run due to how much is added per kill.  I guess vampire is accurate in that vampires are immortal... and in vampire mode, so are you because you heal for a stupidly high amount every time anyone kills anything (even a camera) to the point you can just tank level 70's shooting at you on Pluto nightmare missions.  I think a much better "nightmare" would be no powers, or no primary, or no ammo drops (you'd have to disallow the boxes too).

Both the timed and vampire are pointless as a "nightmare."  You get a ridiculous amount of time for the timed run due to how much is added per kill.  I guess vampire is accurate in that vampires are immortal... and in vampire mode, so are you because you heal for a stupidly high amount every time anyone kills anything (even a camera) to the point you can just tank level 70's shooting at you on Pluto nightmare missions.  I think a much better "nightmare" would be no powers, or no primary, or no ammo drops (you'd have to disallow the boxes too).

Doesn't matter, got Kunai / Despair / Lex / Kraken etc

Edited by fatpig84

It's not always smooth as butter, i did solo run yesterday with rhino against Hyena nightmare mode.

It was a disaster, despite triggering alert i barely saw any enemy, the elevator ride was the longest one and corpus decided to initiate lockdown from whole different area.

After lifting the lockdown and proceding to extraction the doors bugged out, it seems mine osprey could block the doors from opening, i had to get back to elevator and hope to find random spawned enemies, i died in elevator's long ride only to find out that enemies evaporated and door still stuck.

It's like building skyscrapper on swamp.

Another thing the defense missions on nightmare mode, 15 waves and you only get 1 extra mod... the reward has to be worthy.

Edited by Morgax

So far nightmare modes were easy for me. Life leech is a joke - especially that you can heal full health just by killing everything. In fact - that is the only thing you do in Warframe. Even with unpolarized frame and 20-25 guns this is a cakewalk.

- No shields mode

- Energy cost doubled mode

- Bullets ricochet mode

- HP is used for powers mode

I dunno.

Or simply "triple enemy´s level" mode.

There are so many things that would have been better than "constantly lose hp but immediately regain it after killing 1 enemy"- mode

Or simply "triple enemy´s level" mode.

There are so many things that would have been better than "constantly lose hp but immediately regain it after killing 1 enemy"- mode

It would work better if HP dropped faster, less HP was gained from kills and you only gained HP from team mate's kills if you're in their vicinity.

It would work better if HP dropped faster, less HP was gained from kills and you only gained HP from team mate's kills if you're in their vicinity.

It´s still a worse system than for example "No Shields" mode you brought up because it is so situational - if you got some killgreedy mofos on your team that dont really allow you to kill much because they kill everything already it will be impossible to maintain your health.

A mode where you dont have shields would be real Nightmare mode because it would make everything so extremely much harder.

A mode where you dont have shields would be real Nightmare mode because it would make everything so extremely much harder.

It would also encourage really, really slow gameplay though- the opposite of what Warframe is going for.