Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Reworks: Suggestions

Raqyia

So, as much as I complain about the Titanic Turkey, Vay Kek, I suppose we should try spitballing a couple of suggestions on how these reworks should look, no? That in mind, I suppose I should probably go to the two bosses that don't seem to have that much love: Phorid and the Serg.

Assuming they're gonna switch the Sergeant out with good ol Neffy, we're probably gonna be stuck with that issue of a giant invulnerable Helios shouting "PRAISE THE VOID" at us, probably gonna end up looking like a Corpus version of good ol' Uncle Hek, right down to the flying around and magnetic procs. Now, to say the least, that'd be terrifying. Not something I want to relive. Perhaps given Neffy's shtick on being the guy who indoctrinates people into the Corpus, his whole boss battle could be fighting him while he's constantly trying to hide behind someone or something (a la Micolash). Perhaps he's holed up in some safe room, broadcasting orders to some crewmen and proxies, and we have to destroy a bunch of broadcasting towers, bypass a couple doors, confront him, and he runs away, dropping his wallet full of credits.

As for Phorid, I can't say I have concrete ideas, given that he's just another infested enemy, perhaps revamp his model from a giant charger, to being maybe a Helminth Charger? Something that'd still play into him being a deformed quadruped. 

Now, back to talking about Vay Kek, because I can't resist constantly complaining, I was thinking about somehow reducing his maneuverability, either slowing him down, or limiting how much he can move on any axis throughout the tileset, adding a couple more weak points onto his character, perhaps a bunch of speakers lining his sides, or something. Maybe shorten his neck a little and enlarge his already fat head. have his vulnerability periods last a bit longer and actually be affected by stuff like Molecular Prime, Snow Globe, and Stomp.

Of course, all of these are just suggestions from a paranoid and butthurt Tenno. I hope to hear some feedback from others.

Love

Raq

When Vay hek got reworked I think I played him all of 5 times since then. He's not really a go to boss fight because as a soloist there are a lot of variables that make him particularly harder to deal with. With that said His  current iteration is a rework of itself. I suppose if I played him more I'd have more to say on him and better understanding how to beat him easily. 

Phorid- very simple mob, I agree he could use some changes, I'd like to see him more like behemoth but with 3 heads;, maybe start off with the first part, like normal, then battle through a wave or 3 of special infested that spawn off him, then battle his final massive 3 headed form while he does charges, and launches projectiles much like now, but definitely more behemoth to him. 

Sargeant is dirt easy, he needs a complete overhaul. 

I personally don't think any of the bosses should be easy to beat, certainly not like sergeant is. he's so simple I can walk in, ignore him completely kill everything else then laugh as I follow him around plucking shots at his head with an unleveled weapon I brought mostly for amusement. 

Edited by Babellon