Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ask About Grustag 3 Farming

TheLostBeast

Question

Is there any way to fast farm G3? Not LOR, just normally, because it will just take too long to do it with PUB, and my clan mates rarely do raids with me.

Want to farm G3 for Brakk parts, but their spawn chance is too low, is there any way to do this fast? Been doing this a few days already, even found a nice player with a beacon, but they didn't drop the part I want, the receiver.

Guys, please help me out, I will much appreciate your helps, thank you :)

9 answers to this question

Beacons. If you can't do it with (N)LoR and you don't have the patience to wait for them to invade naturally, those are always the best bet. Though, they have a much higher spawn chance that Zanuka Hunter....

Also, since they patched the ability to pickpocket them with Ivara, Nekros is your best bet.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Beacons. If you can't do it with (N)LoR and you don't have the patience to wait for them to invade naturally, those are always the best bet. Though, they have a much higher spawn chance that Zanuka Hunter....

Also, since they patched the ability to pickpocket them with Ivara, Nekros is your best bet.

I wonder which players have bought the beacons, and who have saved them. I will really want to pay for them to use the beacons. And how exactly does Nekros Desecrate work, I did one G3 invade with Nekros, but not one additional loot dropped from them, and I don't think there is anyway to cut up the corpses of mini boss.

Also, besides beacons, are there other missions recommended to run to farm for the G3?

And are the beacons tradeable?

1) LoR is your best bet.  It's a guaranteed spawn in a mission that really doesn't take long at all, provided a group that's generally aware of how to run it.

2). Beacon, obviously.

3) If you're trying to get them to spawn in a normal mission, then you really want to have all four group members to have the death mark.  It increases the spawn chance.  Pretty sure the map doesn't matter, except that it needs to be a Grineer mission and they'll only spawn in the first five minutes of the mission.

4) Seriously, just do LoR.

1 minute ago, TheLostBeast said:

I wonder which players have bought the beacons, and who have saved them. I will really want to pay for them to use the beacons. And how exactly does Nekros Desecrate work, I did one G3 invade with Nekros, but not one additional loot dropped from them, and I don't think there is anyway to cut up the corpses of mini boss.

Also, besides beacons, are there other missions recommended to run to farm for the G3?

And are the beacons tradeable?

You can just wait until Baro brings them and then just stock up, but until then, just use recruiting for G3 runs. 

Does Desecrate not work on them anymore? Used to... hm.. It's supposed to force the body to drop something extra from its drop table, meaning you'd have another shot at a piece if they didn't drop it initially.

LoR and NLoR are the only missions they just show up in. Other than that, you either have to have a beacon or just hope they decide that today is the day you need to die and invade ya.

Beacons USED to be tradeable... no clue if they are now though, haven't used one in forever since I have no more need of any of the Assassins.

Ivara prowl and Nekros Desecrate are your best bet to getting the part you want once you do get them to spawn. Just put down an invis arrow, sleep arrow them then loot them with prowl, and then desecrate once they're dead

Last I heard/saw/read Pickpocket-Prowl does not work, but Desecrate does.

As yo how it works?

Well you take a Nekros that is level something-something-10-or-higher, press "3" and do your mission.
As long as Nekros has energy then he'll desecrate any corpses (a 50% chance to roll additional loot). 
It's common practice to use his Despoil  Augment mod, which consumes Health instead of Energy.

As far as I know you can slash up the bodies but it can easily happen that Desecrate is running quick enough to make the bonus loot roll faster than you can manually do that.

Using weapons that are very high in Slash can cause the bodies to be split when they die though.

And some weapons do this even more than normal.

Spoiler

from the wiki:

These weapons are:Akjagara, Braton Prime, Flux Rifle, Kohm, Miter, Panthera, Tigris, Azima, Pyrana, Vastos (Vasto, Akvasto and Vasto Prime), Latos (Lato, Lato Prime and Lato Vandal).

Some weapons like Kohm, Kohmak and Twin Kohmak can split the enemy into 4 different pieces each counting as an individual corpse.

Since it's a 50% chance for additional loot, well it can totally happen that you don't get anything extra.

But it is much more likely that you do but it is nothing that stands out because they can drop:

Spoiler

Mods:
Barrel Diffusion
80 Endo
Hell's Chamber
Natural Talent
Split Chamber

Other Drops    
Brakk Blueprint (Vem Tabook)
Brakk Barrel (Shik Tal)
Brakk Receiver (Leekter)
Neurodes
Grustrag Sigil
Scimitar Fuselage (Vem Tabook)

So you could totally just get some Neurodes and/or Mods which don't stand out in the least.

I really wish that all the Assassins would always drop one of their unique item parts in addition to anything else on their loot table.

It'd make them a lot more farmable.

It'd also be nice if the weapon parts were Tradeable. There're people that run LoR all the time and have tons of spare Brakk parts. I'm sure they'd be happy to part with them if that were an option.

I still need a Detron part off that darn Zanuka myself, no LoR option for that one. =p
(and it's not like the Detron is worth the cost of a beacon, heh)

Happy Hunting Tenno!

~R~

16 hours ago, Rolunde said:

Last I heard/saw/read Pickpocket-Prowl does not work, but Desecrate does.

As yo how it works?

Well you take a Nekros that is level something-something-10-or-higher, press "3" and do your mission.
As long as Nekros has energy then he'll desecrate any corpses (a 50% chance to roll additional loot). 
It's common practice to use his Despoil  Augment mod, which consumes Health instead of Energy.

As far as I know you can slash up the bodies but it can easily happen that Desecrate is running quick enough to make the bonus loot roll faster than you can manually do that.

Using weapons that are very high in Slash can cause the bodies to be split when they die though.

And some weapons do this even more than normal.

Hide contents

from the wiki:

These weapons are:Akjagara, Braton Prime, Flux Rifle, Kohm, Miter, Panthera, Tigris, Azima, Pyrana, Vastos (Vasto, Akvasto and Vasto Prime), Latos (Lato, Lato Prime and Lato Vandal).

Some weapons like Kohm, Kohmak and Twin Kohmak can split the enemy into 4 different pieces each counting as an individual corpse.

Since it's a 50% chance for additional loot, well it can totally happen that you don't get anything extra.

But it is much more likely that you do but it is nothing that stands out because they can drop:

Hide contents

Mods:
Barrel Diffusion
80 Endo
Hell's Chamber
Natural Talent
Split Chamber

Other Drops    
Brakk Blueprint (Vem Tabook)
Brakk Barrel (Shik Tal)
Brakk Receiver (Leekter)
Neurodes
Grustrag Sigil
Scimitar Fuselage (Vem Tabook)

So you could totally just get some Neurodes and/or Mods which don't stand out in the least.

I really wish that all the Assassins would always drop one of their unique item parts in addition to anything else on their loot table.

It'd make them a lot more farmable.

It'd also be nice if the weapon parts were Tradeable. There're people that run LoR all the time and have tons of spare Brakk parts. I'm sure they'd be happy to part with them if that were an option.

I still need a Detron part off that darn Zanuka myself, no LoR option for that one. =p
(and it's not like the Detron is worth the cost of a beacon, heh)

Happy Hunting Tenno!

~R~

Thx very much, but the problem is that G3 is not even spawning for me anymore lol, 3 hours of normal farming, 2 stalkers, G3 didn't come. Then I did LOR, G3 didn't spawn, even with the great chance of them spawning! Whatsup with that

For normal missions you have to be "marked" for them to show up. 

Usually once they've shown up the mark goes away (I don't remember if it goes away if they down you, but it does when you down them. It seems there might be a chance that it does stay on you but generally it seems to go away. Might have to do with who gets the killing blow if you're in a group? I'm not sure.)

So if you're no longer marked you'd need to run Invasions siding against the Grineer to get marked again.

And them of course they'll only spawn in anti-Grineer missions.  

Them actually spawning is totally random, but for me it seems they usually spawn within a few days once I've gained a mark. 

That said it was quite a few months of being marked before I actually saw them for the first time. =p

As to them spawning in the LoR, I think they only spawn in Nightmare LoR.

So if you don't already know, this is what being "Marked for Death" looks like-

Spoiler

7EFAEF288133019EC155FD1B208D536E49A8462C (1680×1050)

Cheers!
~R~

Get into the habit of doing daily LoR runs. I have more Brakk sets than i know what to do with, all from LoR. There are a lot of people in recruiting chat doing LoR nowadays so minimal effort is needed to get a raid going. If you want to take it to the next level do LoR multiple times over, every time you see someone hosting get in on it. You wont get the raid rewards but you're there for the G3 anyways. Run a creeping terrify nekros (if people will let you) to help with cc so you can desecrate them.

Edited by (XB1)Xyience