Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 Feedback

xenapan

1. Allow players to toggle nightmare mode on and off. Don't make it be random nodes on the map. New players should be done with close to  half the planets before they are capable of taking on nightmare mercury anyways and older players just want to have a challenge.

2. Nightmare mode needs to be HARDER. I breezed through it with my friends, decided to solo... ended up soloing to the point where I got all 10 of the new mods.

3. TOKEN SYSTEM. Instead of random rewards, let us get tokens as rewards, trade tokens for the 10 nightmare mode mods. I mean it isn't exactly a challenge right now anyways but at this point, people like me who have gotten all 10 mods are already out of incentive to continue playing nightmare mode... it isn't so challenging to us, and we already have all the mods. Using a token system would let us keep at it for different rewards we are still interested in... e.g. fusion cores, resources of our choosing, void keys.

4. Aura system. Good idea, bad direction. Polarity on the slot makes it stupidly expensive to switch between auras not of your polarity and heavily restricts your choices (and already very full mod pool on your frame)  I say tie it to mastery rank. 0,1 the aura you choose is rank 0, rank 1+2, its rank 1 etc. so the rank 9/10 tennos would have a rank 5 mod. 11+ would add a second aura slot which would extend you into rank 20. Would give mastery rank some actual use now without it being super powerful and game changing automatically. The most important part would be it gives back the flexibility of the old artifact system without the restriction of the polarity.

http://hw.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1i81vi/the_real_problem_with_the_new_aura_system/cb1wstl

5. Vor: I love what you've done with the boss. He's awesome looking. But lets face it... he SHOULDN'T be your first planet boss. He USED to drop cronus and acted as a tutorial for foundry. That shouldnt change. maybe switch him with ruk or tyl regor or dont even use a proper boss on mercury.. just have the cronus drop/foundry tutorial. Don't toss in so many layers of complexity for the first boss fight. Move Vor off into a further in location or at least lower the difficulty more for new players

6. Raptor. Fun.. if he didn't get stuck so much, get bugged so much, and act as a general pain when you try to find the loot he dropped. Give him a set crashing animation then spawn the loot after he crashes with his wreckage as the marker for the loot.

7. New planet selection UI blocks out alerts when zoomed in!?! why!!!! There needs to be an indicator thing for teammates selecting a mission outside of the current planet as well. How about a simple list of node/planet/mode - person selecting?

Edited by xenapan

I agree with the Vor part 100%.
They should rather add an unlockable boss fight with "Vor's Revenge", after having defeated wimpy him.
Introducing a complicated boss that early only to have players find that almost every single one of the following bosses are dumbed down and trivial causes the game to peak far too early.

I can understand that they want more cinematic, exciting, and difficult bosses, but that needs to be added all at once, not at least three or four at a time, not one at a time.

Great game overall, and I really like that you guys are always trying to improve and build on it. I like most the changes that get made to streamline and improve the game, but I have to say that I hate, hate, hate the aura system... I spent much time with most my warframes getting a proper balance and have no points to spare, the fact that I have to get multiple of them to put on various frames or constantly take them off and put them on a different one, and the fact that they are polarized so most the time actually cost more because the one I want to use doesn't match. It became such a hassle trying to decide what mods to sacrifice to be able to make room to add an aura mod (usually at a cost of +1 because polarities don't match) and then swap it to a different frame depending on what mission I was running that I just stopped using them altogether so neither I nor anyone in my party benifits from them at all anymore. :(

Change that U9 introduced for me is inability to see where your party is going next on map screen (before you could "vote" with map with your party members).

But most PITA I get from broken loading screen - I get A LOT of broken connections. I didnt touch max ping setting, but:

1) loading screen shows correct map/fraction/levels in 20% of cases

2) the rest of cases is infinite loop even I see ppl are going the same planet

I absolutely love your idea for tying Mastery Rank to Auras.

EDIT: I don't really like token systems though...

Well its pretty necessary at this point. Nightmare mode isnt hard enough to warrant people using after they get the mods. And the mods themselves while great max out pretty quick between the fact they are 3 rank mods and the fact there's 10 of em. Nightmare mode was designed for endgame content yet does not deliver it. The way it is now, you get all 10 mods, then you move on to other things because you can't get other endgame stuff you need there. A token system would allow people to keep playing nightmare mode after those mods have been collected.

When I'm in a team, I can't know what my teammates' selection was. Firstly, I choose one mission and get stuck with the 'new' pictures... Then solve it: Press 'Esc', then 'Leave this session..' -> 'No' ->> Back to menu. Where are the familiar blue circles? Where are the lines '<PlayerName>' under a mission?

About nightmare mode, I agree with you, xenapan. This morning, I had to help my friend (he has just played Warframe recently) with first mission on Venus (Cytherean). Look at the enemies! My friend even have no power to break enemies' armors.

When I'm in a team, I can't know what my teammates' selection was. Firstly, I choose one mission and get stuck with the 'new' pictures... Then solve it: Press 'Esc', then 'Leave this session..' -> 'No' ->> Back to menu. Where are the familiar blue circles? Where are the lines '<PlayerName>' under a mission?

About nightmare mode, I agree with you, xenapan. This morning, I had to help my friend (he has just played Warframe recently) with first mission on Venus (Cytherean). Look at the enemies! My friend even have no power to break enemies' armors.

Yeah that was point 7. New UI for mission selection is messed up.