Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Points weapon cap?

Sniper2458

Question

So i recently unlocked Focus, and i thought you could equip and unequip it like a mod but i was wrong. Anyways i put it on my Karak, then found out i messed up that i can't remove it. So i'm earning like 1k focus points in a 15 minute survival mission and my Karak has a new exp bar for Focus Points. When it fills up can i no longer earn focus or something? Hopefully you can help me out, i searched this up but couldn't find an answer. 

4 answers to this question

As said above, the bar is irrelevant. It's just to make it look like an Affinity bar because it looks blank there without it, but needs some visual cues for progression, though it is a little misleading. 

Also, how did you not know that Focus Lenses could not be removed? It literally says on a popup that the lens cannot be removed once installed on the weapon before you install it.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

There are a couple of things you need to know about focus to get you started. There are 2 types of lenses (Regular and Greater). After TSD, you select your focus school and you receive a regular lens for that school. The only way to get affinity for that school is by putting it on something that will directly gain affinity (i.e. if you put it on your weapon and only kill with your frame, you will never gain affinity, because the weapon needs to get the affinity)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus

Read this article on the wiki. There is a ton of information, but it will give you a good idea of how it works. Pay special attention to the Conversion Rate table. It describes how the different lenses interact depending on what they are equipped on.

There are a few good youtube videos also that help explain how the focus system works. I would suggest looking some of those up (watch a couple, not just one. One video might not explain it in a way that helps YOU understand)