Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turn off Mouse Smoothing? Aim feels floaty.

Matoro_Zeliph

Question

Compared to Quake Live (another fast paced PvP game), the mouse sensitivity feels floaty. I was wondering how to turn off Mouse Smoothing? 

If that's not an option. What's your ideal mouse sensitivity for ADS and camera? And Mouse DPI settings for PvP when using semi-auto weapons?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

There is no mouse smoothing option in Warframe, but you should turn off Motion Blur, it adds a fair bit of input delay and does make your mouse feel floaty, especially obvious in <60 fps ranges but less noticeable at higher frame rates (>110) even with it on. You should also try disabling VSync for added responsiveness. 

Ideal sensitivity is more personal preference, there are players with low sens (15" / 360) and high sens (2" / 360) that do equally well in Conclave. If you want your ADS to be equal to camera sensitivity, make it double that of your camera 'look' sens in Options. Even though there are numerical sliders in game for sensitivity, they don't exactly translate in a 1:1 ratio in distance to 360, so you might have to fiddle around to find out what best suits you. 

11 hours ago, Neah said:

There is no mouse smoothing option in Warframe, but you should turn off Motion Blur, it adds a fair bit of input delay and does make your mouse feel floaty, especially obvious in <60 fps ranges but less noticeable at higher frame rates (>110) even with it on. You should also try disabling VSync for added responsiveness. 

Ideal sensitivity is more personal preference, there are players with low sens (15" / 360) and high sens (2" / 360) that do equally well in Conclave. If you want your ADS to be equal to camera sensitivity, make it double that of your camera 'look' sens in Options. Even though there are numerical sliders in game for sensitivity, they don't exactly translate in a 1:1 ratio in distance to 360, so you might have to fiddle around to find out what best suits you. 

I have go try that out when I get home. I didn't know V-Sync would cause a slight delay (but I'm not a fan of frame tearing). I'll turn it off and see what happens. 

As for the sensitivity suggestion, I think doubling the ADS would make sense. Thanks!

Edit:

I tried it out and noticed that I've done 15% better in my gameplay. 

Edited by Matoro1992