Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Idea For Aura/artifact Mods

Hiyaz

The only part of this new artifact system that people TRULY despise is that it takes up precious Warframe capacity. Well how about adding it to Sentinels instead? I believe this will placate a lot of the community while still retaining what I believe to be DE's goal in changing the artifact system. 

I believe this will add much more depth in the way one customizes a sentinel. I mean right now, it is for the most part a no-brainer.  Once my Dethcube was maxed and I loaded with as much mods as it could support, I rarely looked back because there wasn't really much to think about. Just load in precepts and then whatever else was left over.

Logically this change makes sense too. Sentinels are meant to augment a player's abilities in every little way they can right? Well aren't aura mods trying to do the same? Why not put them together? This wouldn't be the first time pets in a mmo gave players buffs like greater damage. I realize this forces players to actually craft a sentinel before reaping the benefits of auras, but I think a vast majority of the people here would prefer that over forced to give up streamline, flow, redirection, forma etc. 

Whether to make aura mods a separate slot within a sentinel just like it is in warframes currently or make them like any other sentinel mods I will leave up for discussion. But if they make it like other sentinel mods, then I believe it opens even more depth to sentinel customization as well as balancing out this increase in enemy difficulty without overpowering the player. 

At the very least, I would like DE to rethink the aura system because as it stands, I will not and have no plans to ever use artifacts again.

I don't know. I could be crazy. It is after midnight and I have no caffeine. Just an idea. 

Yays? Nays? Hoorays? Leave thoughts below! :)

I do believe that this would alleviate most if not all the frustration that is being aimed at the Aura mods right now.

It would also make the mods account "global" again overriding being bound to a certain warframe. I approve.

Edited by Igilblix

• 2 weeks later...