Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 A Bit Fail?

Pyromann

Some things are cool, but some other things are like, awfully bad.

Like:

Cool thing: The stages and that scene when voting.

Awfully Bad: Energy Siphon is dead, recources are way bad, too difficult, etc.

Anyone thinks the same?

Like:

Anyone thinks the same?

I think you lost ANY veteran player when you said "TOO DIFFICULT" you serious? In fact out of all of your examples I can't find one that I agree with. Only thing I would say is rare materials are now TOO easy to get not that I would ever make a useless thread about it though.

mostly, but I do think Energy Siphon being dead is a GREAT thing, I mean the ability spamming was getting pretty lame in my opinion and too difficult? nah, it´s a little more challenging but I like it. It has become a bit more you HAVE to potato stuff you want to bring for higher level missions and Nightmare should be done with 30 + potato but I like it

Just my 2 cents and personal preferences :)

EDIT: and ye resources need to be fixed, like now. I can get more "rare" mats than "commen" in a single run anywhere -.- that´s just wrong.

Edited by Milliea

I think you lost ANY veteran player when you said "TOO DIFFICULT" you serious? In fact out of all of your examples I can't find one that I agree with. Only thing I would say is rare materials are now TOO easy to get not that I would ever make a useless thread about it though.

Okay then, try to go to Pluto, or Europe, they kill you very fast, even with Rhino equipped.

Like:

Anyone thinks the same?

Personally,

I think the update is great.

Brand new warframe, new boss, tons of new weapons.

The Aura system is alright, It gives reason to forma and play old frames again. Instead of letting the rank 30 forever Frost sit in the inventory until a defense comes around. Lets me get back and play frames again and rewards me by making them more powerful when I'm finished, it requires a little bit more work until you can say your frame is complete.

Resources are fine, I haven't had any issues with them, though the common ones have become a bit harder to find but I'm sure that'll be addressed in future updates.

This happens every big patch, they release it on Friday, everyone complains through the weekend, and then they come and continously fix things until the next big patch. Everyone is happy or content and then boom, next big patch, everyone is complaining again.

It's a cycle, been here since closed beta, DE's done a great job pushing out new content and fixing stuff up.

For the Lazy bastards

TL/DR

Patch is great, stop *@##$ing, it'll get fixed and then broke again by DE in Update 10

mostly, but I do think Energy Siphon being dead is a GREAT thing, I mean the ability spamming was getting pretty lame in my opinion and too difficult? nah, it´s a little more challenging but I like it. It has become a bit more you HAVE to potato stuff you want to bring for higher level missions and Nightmare should be done with 30 + potato but I like it

Just my 2 cents and personal preferences :)

EDIT: and ye resources need to be fixed, like now. I can get more "rare" mats than "commen" in a single run anywhere -.- that´s just wrong.

Is anyone here thinking about the new people that comes in the game?

Is anyone here thinking about the new people that comes in the game?

Yes, I bring in new people now and then, teach them how the game works and sit with one powerful weapon, a maxed redirection and make sure they don´t die with my Blessing until they are used to the game, then the kiddie gloves come off and I have them keep up with me just fine. 

New 100% free to players will just have to farm lower level planets until they are lucky a potato alert pops up or use their start plat on it. I wish the game had been like this when I started. I love a good challenge.

New players who start with out friends, I feel sorry for them, if they don´t like hard games they are in for a bad time. But honestly we need more hard games in this world.

I think the problem the experienced players have with people saying it is too difficult now is that they already have all the required mods to tear through any mob of any level. But the newer players don't have those mods and now to get those mods you have to do those high level missions, it's not a very good situation for those newer players.

I think the problem the experienced players have with people saying it is too difficult now is that they already have all the required mods to tear through any mob of any level. But the newer players don't have those mods and now to get those mods you have to do those high level missions, it's not a very good situation for those newer players.

New players won't have unlocked high level missions and aren't required to play them so that's hardly a concern. Up until that point where they feel confident taking on level 60+ enemies they can also just play the low-mid level missions which are at the same level as the game used to be. We still have low-mid level missions. Although, while bosses still scale with equipment, that could lock "casual" players out of certain content, and that should be addressed.

As to OP, Energy Siphon is fine, it just takes up 4-9 mod points, depending on polarity and hopefully they will change the auras to have a unified polarity instead of trying to force different warframes to use certain auras. The resource drops are definitely an issue though, I found enough control modules in one run of Europa to build every frame and every sentinel. That's not cricket.

Okay then, try to go to Pluto, or Europe, they kill you very fast, even with Rhino equipped.

God, I hate it when rolling my face on the keyboard isn't enough anymore. Actually having to try, to maybe need a trinity, to maybe not be able to run through the map grab the pretties, and run off to extraction. I completely agree with you. Not. Pretty sure resource gathering is still bugged, but other than that please don't slam the door on your way out.

mostly, but I do think Energy Siphon being dead is a GREAT thing, I mean the ability spamming was getting pretty lame in my opinion

"VOLT can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage Warframe perfect for players who want a potent alternative to gun-play."

It wasn't true before, but it's a joke now. The biggest problem I have with the Aura changes is that they polarized the freaking slots. I look at my Ember's mod menu, see that ES has a cost of 2 at base and I have 2 points left... only to realize that Ember's aura slot is V polarized and ES isn't. Of all warframes to have a mismatch there, why would it make any sense to have it be Ember?

And no, the ability to relevel another 60 levels to get the points I need doesn't make up for it. If anything, we shouldn't have a polarity there and FORMA it specifically if we need to. I like the difficulty increase in general, although it took me by surprise. Doesn't make the state of ES anything other than absolutely stupid.

Edited by Rivenholt

Like:

Anyone thinks the same?

You got to be kidding me. Did you know how long and how many people have been complaining for much more harder game-play? Also the drops will be fixed by the devs, remember that this is just U9 coming out for a while.

I think you lost me when you automatically assumed that everyone in the game is a veteran player, and the OP could not possibly be a new player who's being screwed over by the changes to early game content.

I think you lost me when you automatically assumed that everyone in the game is a veteran player, and the OP could not possibly be a new player who's being screwed over by the changes to early game content.

If he was a new player he would of most likely said so in the OP. Right? Plus he complained about energy siphon and resource drops meaning hes played the game enough to really know the differences before and after U9. A new player wouldn't have that knowledge.

He also responed with

So I'm thinking no....no he is not a new player. Maybe you should work on your observational skills.

My response was by a veteran player meant for a vertan player on a thread targeted at VETERAN players.

Edited by Asanogawa

I just flat out don't understand how energy siphon is dead. 

It takes mod capacity, so you might need to squeeze in a forma or just throw out the mod you really don't need (I tossed continuity on my vauban for example) 

But it gives more energy...  It's really hard to not see it as a buff.

Energy siphon was by 99% of players 99% of the time....obviously need to change some way or another.

Perhaps we should have gotten base energy regen because having negative pressure on the warframes who need it using it isn't a solution.

If you need it use it? It's still there

That doesn't make the effectiveness of DE's choice any better. Just being there doesn't make energy a healthy mechanic currently, and polarizing the aura slots for us just pigeonholed player decisions.

That doesn't make the effectiveness of DE's choice any better. Just being there doesn't make energy a healthy mechanic currently, and polarizing the aura slots for us just pigeonholed player decisions.

I do agree with you on the polarized part