Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U9 A Bit Fail?

Pyromann

So basically, as a new player, it's just "keep playing the same old missions until you're able to get further, oh and that'll take ages now since we screwed you over and laughed at you."

How many new players do you expect to get now? Keep playing the old missions - but not the skulls, NEVER the skulls! - over and over and over... How.... interesting. I'm... ecstatic. No, no actually, it bores me. No new scenery. We do get new bad guys, shame the levels actually level faster than I can farm the same experience from them - or do you normally expect Commanders in Mercury on your second visit? I sure as hell didn't.

By all means make things harder, but keep it easy enough at the low end for a new player to learn the ropes before you hammer him.

So basically, as a new player, it's just "keep playing the same old missions until you're able to get further, oh and that'll take ages now since we screwed you over and laughed at you."

How many new players do you expect to get now? Keep playing the old missions - but not the skulls, NEVER the skulls! - over and over and over... How.... interesting. I'm... ecstatic. No, no actually, it bores me. No new scenery. We do get new bad guys, shame the levels actually level faster than I can farm the same experience from them - or do you normally expect Commanders in Mercury on your second visit? I sure as hell didn't.

By all means make things harder, but keep it easy enough at the low end for a new player to learn the ropes before you hammer him.

The higher level missions aren't any different than the lower level ones lol. I do agree it's hard for new players but just sayn...

If he was a new player he would of most likely said so in the OP. Right? Plus he complained about energy siphon and resource drops meaning hes played the game enough to really know the differences before and after U9. A new player wouldn't have that knowledge.

He also responed with

So I'm thinking no....no he is not a new player. Maybe you should work on your observational skills.

My response was by a veteran player meant for a vertan player on a thread targeted at VETERAN players.

Okay, perhaps not a that new player. Must automatically be a veteran and hence has no right to find the game too difficult.

Also, give me one reason why he would address this feedback to "veteran" players who are so sympathetic and accepting of differing viewpoints, yet have no power to change anything, instead of, you know, DE? The developers that make these changes, who feedback is generally directed to?

I personally think they did a pretty darn good job.  The new content is cool.  I like the new Ancient models personally, although the Infested sorely need more types.

The levels are much better spaced now.  In U8, there were 7 planets all clustered around level 20, so basically as soon as you got a decent frame, most of the game was flat out boring.  I love nightmare mode, and I like the fact that Pluto is now around level 65.  I hope they lower the drop rates on rare items a bit, but to be honest, it was frustrating as heck farming War on Mars a dozen times and then looking in the foundry to see I was less than halfway toward building a glaive.

Really? Your complaining that a BOSS takes efort to kill? Get real

My problem isn't that the boss takes effort to kill, it's that it's much harder to kill than other bosses and has a much lower chance of dropping anything (not to mention that it often drops its rewards outside of the map).

Actually he is not.... I am leveling my level 19 trinity there.

Considering you're using a frame that can become invincible and easily refill its own health, that's not a very good argument. 

Really? Your complaining that a BOSS takes efort to kill? Get real

lol thts true but i think he means compared to the others and i agree. huge dmg plus kinda glitchy makes it hard and when u finally beat and he drops nothing it kills ur motivation. anyway i feel bad for all the ppl still farming nova i finished and was so exhausted from it i decided to pop 50 plat to rush- something id never do. i havent played tht map since :l (except for i think nightmare mode)

Energy siphon was by 99% of players 99% of the time....obviously need to change some way or another.

yeah i agree especially after the response from the defence event....... besides for some reason i really like the idea of being able to lvl the artifacts as mods

Energy siphon was by 99% of players 99% of the time....obviously need to change some way or another.

Energy Siphon being overused doesn't neccesarily point to it being overpowered or needing change. It was used because of a flaw in the balance of the current energy system which has people relying on Energy Siphon to get regeneration that should have been innate. And before you start talking about how it allowed ult spam, it didn't. Even with 4 people using them, 2 energy per second does not suddenly make ults spammable. The effect of energy siphon is just as moderate and reasonable as the effects of any other artifact, it's just that energy siphon provided an effect that nothing else in the game could.

Imo the worst thing is the new squad menu:

- You are no longer able to see who joined your squad (only by opening chat window).

- You couldn´t see which mission was chosen by you´re Squaddies

- You couldn´t see which aura is chosen by Squaddies

Atm you need TeamSpeak for proper Sqad handling.

Drop rates are still buggy (more rare than normal resources) Bosses should drop something (at least mats or mods). Especially new boss is a pain atm. 8 of 10 runs no drop.

Please add some pictures with chosen warframe and name of you´re buddies, incl. aura

Add the missionmarker again (was way better in U8)

All in all, DE, thx for constant improvement and feedback to community

my thoughts are that DE are doing a hell of a job developing this game. Its just frustrating to play through the bugs, bad descisions etc. But it all gets fixed along the way, been begging better since U8 when I joined.

I think though, that Mercury and possibly one more planet, should be Beginner Leveling gameplay. What I mean by this is that it shoud be playable without being carried.

It is hard to move on now to get the mats you need for new weapons. And the enemies are harder to kill with beginner weapons and frames as well.

Im not whining here, just to say that beginners have a hard time and a long time before they can progress.

Perhaps reward players with a new weapon or chance to get one when leaving a planet? How do you experienced players feel about this?

I feel that it can be quite difficult for new players now that there is Nightmare mode. Does Nightmare mode only start working after you've done a certain thing, such as get mastery level 1? Since that doesn't really effect me, I'm fine with U9. The more content, the better.