Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk All About Difficulty

Vincer

^

Disagree basicly everything, and no more mob fests? are you @(*()$ kidding me -.-

More mobs = the better

More mobs = the more to shoot at

More mobs = just fun

Generally true. HOWEVER! It incentivizes a very set-in-stone type of gameplay and weapon / frame setup. This new update kind of points out this flaw that only high level endless defense people saw sofar: few frames and weapons are actually useful in higher levels.

I don't mind nightmare mode, or general dificulty spikes (i feel for people that just started though). What we need is choice. Bringing a Volt, or a vanilla Latron to any type of high level defense mission can make people quit / rage / laugh even before the first wave.

I guess I'm more of a casual gamer than I thought? This new "lets make everything more difficult thing" is getting on my nerves. I couldn't even finish a mission in ceres cause I just kept getting surrounded and raped by that new awesome idea of giving the grineer a more accurate weapon along with more damage. I couldn't even level my newly forma'd Torid cause it takes more than a clip to kill one lancer, a level 18 Torid should not suck that bad. Anyways, I hope it is not just me that feels slighted with the new degree of difficulty. I guess I will just have to stick to the lower level worlds I have already cleared. Hopefully I'm not penalized too badly in the case of loot, I'd hate to have spent so much time and money on a game just to be defeated by an AI and have to find somewhere else I can game. 

+1 Exactly the same for me here :(

Generally true. HOWEVER! It incentivizes a very set-in-stone type of gameplay and weapon / frame setup. This new update kind of points out this flaw that only high level endless defense people saw sofar: few frames and weapons are actually useful in higher levels.

I don't mind nightmare mode, or general dificulty spikes (i feel for people that just started though). What we need is choice. Bringing a Volt, or a vanilla Latron to any type of high level defense mission can make people quit / rage / laugh even before the first wave.

Yeah I know, but I can reach high wave on almost every item.

JUST as you states, some is easier than others, and can reach longer if in the correct team.

On a side note: am i the only one who would rather get much, much less enemies with far more quality?

Thank you. While the game definitely needs mobs for CC and the AI needs at least enough improvement that enemies will stop running in circles or frantically trying to decide if there actually going to fight me or the guy next to me and run back and forth nonstop when I'm trying to snipe them, I feel like one of the main issues of this game is that the ONLY buff in difficulty is throwing 20 more standard SMG grunts at you over and over. This doesn't scale well either, so you either get spammed to death by yourself or chop through them in 2 seconds flat with a team of four. The feel like there needs to be a better frequency of heavy enemies and new/improved mid-level enemies (you're very cute Ballista, but I can love tap you to death with my Amphis) Especially towards the end game. I think it's part an AI issue and part making stronger enemies require more than raw DPS to take down.

Basically we've got about half the people saying too hard and half saying too easy.  I think they're doing a good job catering to both sides.  U9 is great for high level players.  I've had trouble completing high level maps even with a good team - but that's how it should be.

Maybe next they can add an "easy mode" with all knock downs become staggers and no hard enemies.  Also there could be slower scaling up at the lower difficulty.  I haven't played much at lower levels since the update, but I think so long as there is one planet for each 5 level increment, it should be fine for anyone to play.

....  I think by the time the full game is ready there will be room enough for both types of players.

Well said, mate. I feel exactly the same. I really hope they manage to keep both casual and hardcore type of players interested. I welcome the latest increase in monster level very much, because of a host of reasons. However I just hope that new players still can find their way into the game. Probably something they're already worrying about a lot. But please leave the monster levels as they are!

No offense, but I think the idea of an easy mode really sucks, it just needlessly divides the player community.

As for moar difficulty: Yes, more variety here would be nice. Some harder, quicker monsters which are immune to crowd control, cannot be stunned, cannot be frozen / quickly unfreeze or the like would greatly increase difficulty without being plain bullet sponges.

The only real "difficulty" in Warframe is grinding.

A Grineer Lancer level 60 and a Grineer Lancer level 1 are still one and the same aim-botting, infinite-ammo, telescopic-vision, cover-hugging Grineer Lancer. The only difference is in his health and DPS.

A boss is only difficult the first time you beat him. After that, beating him 10 times or 100 times (because you want the frame) doesn't make him more difficult, it only makes him easier.

The "skill" is determined by the amount of ranks you have in Serration and Redirection. As well as the number of other rare/uncommon mods you have which all ultimately boil down to giving you more effective HP and DPS.

I don't mind this state of the game, mind you. In fact, I like grind games and that's why I stayed in Warframe. I just laugh at all the players who tell newbies to "get skill lololo" when they themselves farmed all of their "skill" (a.k.a. gear) back when it was easier.

I agree with everything, except with the last part about being happy with the current state. I just feel that it can improve, even if it will not be a major improvement.

-snip-

and... GUYS LISTEN: AI WON'T GET BETTER

-snip-

On a side note: am i the only one who would rather get much, much less enemies with far more quality? I don't mean to dich these missions and mobs, but spice things up with missions with much, much less crowds and some wise combinations of heavier-smartier baddies.

-snip-

Sadly, you are right on the difficulties of a smarter AI. It will at least require better PC requirements. However, I also want smarter enemies over a legion of mad skillz aimbot zombies.

^

Disagree basicly everything, and no more mob fests? are you @(*()$ kidding me -.-

More mobs = the better

More mobs = the more to shoot at

More mobs = just fun

Go play COD's zombie mode. You'll just love it.

Nothing but plain-old brain dead shooting of brain dead enemies. 

=]

I am a casual type of player and imho I hope they add an difficulty slider. I think that would allow the low skilled to high skilled player choose the challenge they want. You would have to make the drops change with the difficulty as well. Hmmm lets use say salvage for an example at the lowest level you would see drops of a max of 50 at the highest maybe 300, mod drop rates would also have to be adjusted, even some bps should only drop at certain difficulty or higher, this idea would be a massive undertaking for DE but I think it would make everyone happy and make sure everyone has fun.