Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tried to adjust my controls for keybinding/controller and I'm having issues.

SpinnerMumbels

Question

So how I got into this situation was at first I noticed my camera switched places and my warframe was on the right hand side instead of the left, I looked up how to fix it and did but I tried to input that into my controller and my mistake was placing it on a button that was already being used for sprint. So I tried to switch it back and immediately noticed that I could no longer sprint or crouch or slide or any of that. My warframe could only walk. So then I tried to see if the same problem was on my keyboard and switched the sprint/roll key to something else and sure enough, now I could no longer crouch or slide.

Here's what I tried to do. I tried to set the controls back to default, didn't work. I tried to restart the game, also didn't work. I reset my pc and that even didn't work.
Now one way that I read to fix this was to re-install the game. But this is a major problem for me being that I have a very limited internet, and warframe, being as large of a game as it is, is too large for my limit. How I got the game in the first place was that I brought my pc to my brother's house, I went there to babysit, and during when my nephew is napping, I'd play a game because he sleeps for four hours. 

So as of right now, re-installing the game is a problem and not an option for me. 

So if there is any way someone can give me some suggestions or if a staff member can fix this issue, let me know.

3 answers to this question

There should be a settings file you can delete that will set you to true default, located in Appdata > Local > Warframe. Backup that entire file and clean it out, then run Warframe launcher and do a cache verification and optimization for good measure. Your settings will all be reset to default, but it should fix your keybinds.

18 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

There should be a settings file you can delete that will set you to true default, located in Appdata > Local > Warframe. Backup that entire file and clean it out, then run Warframe launcher and do a cache verification and optimization for good measure. Your settings will all be reset to default, but it should fix your keybinds.

Although that sounds helpful I've actually never done that before. x.x
I'm glad I got a reply though but I need kind of like a step-by-step walkthrough I guess on how to do that. My warframe is on another harddrive due to so many games being on one so Idk if it'd be the same location or not for %appdata%

Update: After checking %appdata% I can confirm its in my other steams folder instead.

Update: Nevermind! I found a guide online that helped me out a bit more and now I know what to look for and what to do. Thank you tons for you help!

Update: Issue fixed! For anyone wondering, the file you need to delete is in User > [your pc name here] > AppDate > Local > Warframe > EE.cfg

Edited by MrMumbels

1 hour ago, MrMumbels said:

Although that sounds helpful I've actually never done that before. x.x
I'm glad I got a reply though but I need kind of like a step-by-step walkthrough I guess on how to do that. My warframe is on another harddrive due to so many games being on one so Idk if it'd be the same location or not for %appdata%

Update: After checking %appdata% I can confirm its in my other steams folder instead.

Update: Nevermind! I found a guide online that helped me out a bit more and now I know what to look for and what to do. Thank you tons for you help!

Update: Issue fixed! For anyone wondering, the file you need to delete is in User > [your pc name here] > AppDate > Local > Warframe > EE.cfg

Glad to have been of some help at least.