Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Been having trouble with UDP ports 4950 & 4955

CobaltImpurity

Question

I'm pretty sure I know what these ports are for, and that they're required for lots of social connectivity within the game e.g. friends, in game chats, etc. About a week ago I got the pop-up telling to make sure these ports are enabled in my firewall. I checked windows firewall and played around with some rules allowing the ports, which didn't change anything so I have to assume that the ports are being blocked by my routers firewall, that and I completely disabled it and launched the game to see if that helped, which it didn't. It couldn't be my anti-virus since the free version doesn't have a firewall. So after three days of trying to fix it, all of a sudden I didn't get the notification pop-up upon launching the game, and I was able to see the in game chats and my friends list, which I wasn't able to before when the pop-ups were occurring, but as of today, it started again.

The problem is that I can't access the routers software to make the changes to open the ports, if that really is the issue, because I'm a tenant sharing the internet with the rest of the residence of the building, and I don't have permission from the owner of the account to make any changes, or even call my ISP for help.

This next bit doesn't apply to Warframe but happens at the exact same time as the above issue, which is I can't connect to steam. So I don't really know what to think about my issue apart from that my router has become self aware and has decided to randomly close ports because it hates me. Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to do to solve this problem without contacting my ISP or making changes within my routers settings, because those two things aren't an option.

2 answers to this question

Just now, RealisticName said:

I found restarting mine worked, it fixed it perfectly. good luck with yours

I would have tried that first thing but at the moment I'm afraid to even try that if I agitate any of the other residents with a sudden loss of connection... :/