Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alarms 2.0?

Cyrras

After playing Warframe for a while alarms and lockdowns seem almost random at times, sometimes it's an instant lockdown sometimes it's just alarms.
It's an old system that's pretty great but it could be way better and cooler! It'd also incentivize stealth to some extent.
Imagine an alert bar on the top left of your screen, at low levels security is lax, and you get more affinity but less resources, but the more you make noise and alert enemies the more they signal for backup, alarms go off that bar fills up and bam you hit 100% and it's a lockdown, your affinity gains lower but resources increase since they're throwing everything at you!
This can even apply to other modes like survival or defense making it ramp up till the final wave where you get the reward but you're fighting way tougher enemies how it already works in the game, yet it'd give us an indicator of the situation.
It'd make gameplay more interactive in some scenarios like exterminates and capture and would add some more difficulty to how missions go especially on non endless missions, and it'd even make capture missions be more challenging, making it so the alarm bar would increase the capture target's security detail!
It'd be a nice blend between the current alarm and stealth bonus affinity system, making it more encouraging to not make as much noise, or do so to rob the enemies of their resources!

17 minutes ago, Ledrif said:

After playing Warframe for a while alarms and lockdowns seem almost random at times, sometimes it's an instant lockdown sometimes it's just alarms.
It's an old system that's pretty great but it could be way better and cooler! It'd also incentivize stealth to some extent.
Imagine an alert bar on the top left of your screen, at low levels security is lax, and you get more affinity but less resources, but the more you make noise and alert enemies the more they signal for backup, alarms go off that bar fills up and bam you hit 100% and it's a lockdown, your affinity gains lower but resources increase since they're throwing everything at you!
This can even apply to other modes like survival or defense making it ramp up till the final wave where you get the reward but you're fighting way tougher enemies how it already works in the game, yet it'd give us an indicator of the situation.
It'd make gameplay more interactive in some scenarios like exterminates and capture and would add some more difficulty to how missions go especially on non endless missions, and it'd even make capture missions be more challenging, making it so the alarm bar would increase the capture target's security detail!
It'd be a nice blend between the current alarm and stealth bonus affinity system, making it more encouraging to not make as much noise, or do so to rob the enemies of their resources!

Although i like the idea that wouldn't work in a lot of missions like ext and capture where you make a lot of noise on purpose to draw the enemy out unless you removed the lose of affinity. Also Octavia would cease  to be of any use after that.

Worst thing is this would limit how players go about stuff. for instance i use a damage build up EQ for spy missions i kill guys out side the target area until i have a large amount of damage built up then go to the spy room and kill it all in one blast. that way i can focus on the parkour and not worry about the wardens and drones.

Edited by FlyingFoxel
spelling