Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam/Warframe Update Seems To Have Broken Some Controller UI/Input

Lazmarr

One of the Steam/Warframe updates seems to have broken some of the controller UI and input in Warframe.
When launching Steam Big Picture mode, the UI is correct for my Xbox One controller, however it shows a prompt to 'configure Steam controller'.
Ignoring this and launching Warframe shows an incorrect UI; the UI for the Steam controller.
The Xbox One controller works. However some things don't function correctly. Vibration does not work, no matter the settings chosen in Warframe or Steam Big Picture.
Controller input can stop completely on triggers/analogue sticks, preventing movement and aiming.

On 5/10/2017 at 8:33 AM, Lazmarr said:

One of the Steam/Warframe updates seems to have broken some of the controller UI and input in Warframe.
When launching Steam Big Picture mode, the UI is correct for my Xbox One controller, however it shows a prompt to 'configure Steam controller'.
Ignoring this and launching Warframe shows an incorrect UI; the UI for the Steam controller.
The Xbox One controller works. However some things don't function correctly. Vibration does not work, no matter the settings chosen in Warframe or Steam Big Picture.
Controller input can stop completely on triggers/analogue sticks, preventing movement and aiming.

Same problem here, just so you know it's those retards over at Valve at fault, they decided to push out support for Xbox controllers to make them work like their failed steam controller. games that support only x-input remain fine but games that support the steam controller also i.e. Warframe. default to being read as a steam controller, since that is what steam emulates the Xbox one controllers as now.

now just to be clear i don't own a steam control so i can't confirm. but i know that the steam controllers use haptic feedback instead of rumble motors for vibration in the traditional sense.

now either the steam control programming for warframe had/has no vibration programming, or since our xbox controllers are emulating the steam control, the "experimental" vibration setting for controllers using the steam control API's isn't able to convert haptics to motor based vibration.

as for the not working parts if you have notifications going on in windows in the background, this can interrupt your game window, temporarily breaking the steam api over the controller ceasing functionality. i fix this by just quickly alt+Tab ing in and out of the game, fixes it every time.

Granted this could be seen as laziness by DE for not keeping up support for the steam controller, but Valve should just F*** off with the api when it comes to games that actually support X-input.

In simple terms DON'T FIX IT IF IT AINT BROKE!

I am experiencing the same issue, no matter what combination of settings I use in steams controller configuration for my 360 pad vibration just no longer works in warframe at all. Occurred as said when the steam update for controllers was pushed. Very disheartening that this is still an issue due to the loss of physical feedback from my favourite weapons. Sybaris just doesn't feel the same anymore :(

On 5/21/2017 at 11:24 AM, LadyLysis said:

I am experiencing the same issue, no matter what combination of settings I use in steams controller configuration for my 360 pad vibration just no longer works in warframe at all. Occurred as said when the steam update for controllers was pushed. Very disheartening that this is still an issue due to the loss of physical feedback from my favourite weapons. Sybaris just doesn't feel the same anymore :(

i fixed mine in the mean time, defer the beta client( the only way this should have been an issue ) and disable xbox controller support under big picture mode under steam bpm.

also notice at this point it should say under connected controllers "X-input device" or "X-input controller". if it says xbox one controller, or xbox 360 controller, vibration probably wont work.

i might reach out to DE in the mean time also, if they disable steam controller support, or add working haptic vibration emulation for the steam controller that should make this issue dissappear permanently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2017 at 2:53 PM, Darkstorm0X53 said:

i fixed mine in the mean time, defer the beta client( the only way this should have been an issue ) and disable xbox controller support under big picture mode under steam bpm.

also notice at this point it should say under connected controllers "X-input device" or "X-input controller". if it says xbox one controller, or xbox 360 controller, vibration probably wont work.

i might reach out to DE in the mean time also, if they disable steam controller support, or add working haptic vibration emulation for the steam controller that should make this issue dissappear permanently.

and now via the steam update it is officially broken again, time to sort your garbage DE, other games with X-input work fine, only yours is broken.

id prefer my 800hrs on warframe pc not to be in vain because u can't be bothered supporting controllers correctly despite that being the only input methods for the console versions, so it should quite literally be a cut and paste job!