Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Singing/Slam Dancing Rhino?

BetaNoire

Question

In Diablo 2, there was a build for Barbarian known as the "Singing Barbarian" which was built using skills from the Warcry tree and various "shouts". What I am wondering is how would you mod Rhino to give the most benefit from Roar? 

Also, Rhino's passive stacks with Heavy Landing. While I was fighting on a corpus ice world I was dive kicking down the pathway of one of the incline elevators and my passive activated. I jumped while sliding and activated again all of a second later. That got me thinking. Is there any way to use Rhino's passive as much as often as possible and to maximize it?  As I understand it's not activated by fall distance, but by falling speed and requires you to reach terminal velocity while falling. Is there some way to increase your falling speed (which would normally be a disadvantage to mobility)? Faster speeds increase the damage.

4 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, BetaNoire said:

In Diablo 2, there was a build for Barbarian known as the "Singing Barbarian" which was built using skills from the Warcry tree and various "shouts". What I am wondering is how would you mod Rhino to give the most benefit from Roar? 

Also, Rhino's passive stacks with Heavy Landing. While I was fighting on a corpus ice world I was dive kicking down the pathway of one of the incline elevators and my passive activated. I jumped while sliding and activated again all of a second later. That got me thinking. Is there any way to use Rhino's passive as much as often as possible and to maximize it?  As I understand it's not activated by fall distance, but by falling speed and requires you to reach terminal velocity while falling. Is there some way to increase your falling speed (which would normally be a disadvantage to mobility)? Faster speeds increase the damage.

i think the most power you can get our of roar is 150% and that's not enough to make him viable for this kind of play. if im remembering correctly the D2 barbarian had a multitude of buffs and debuffs it could apply but rhino only has one.

On 5/11/2017 at 4:08 PM, Wrum said:

i think the most power you can get our of roar is 150% and that's not enough to make him viable for this kind of play. if im remembering correctly the D2 barbarian had a multitude of buffs and debuffs it could apply but rhino only has one.

150% teamwide damage isn't enough? What kind of damage buff is worthwhile?

On 5/12/2017 at 4:14 PM, BetaNoire said:

150% teamwide damage isn't enough? What kind of damage buff is worthwhile?

i meant that a damage buff alone isn't enough for this kind of build. there is a reason you don't see roar build rhinos. also the 150% is with max strength which kills efficiency(116 energy per cast) and duration(21 seconds), rhino only has 150 base energy so you cant realistically use a max strength roar regularly without burning a ton of energy pizza's.

4 hours ago, Wrum said:

i meant that a damage buff alone isn't enough for this kind of build. there is a reason you don't see roar build rhinos. also the 150% is with max strength which kills efficiency(116 energy per cast) and duration(21 seconds), rhino only has 150 base energy so you cant realistically use a max strength roar regularly without burning a ton of energy pizza's.

But is it cheesey enough?

JSDP1qa.jpg