Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts and Suggestions on revamping Warframe abilities

xDaitenshi

I have played Warframe for a while now and noticed that there is a lot of potential that is not utilized with MAG, and even other, Warframes. What this really boils down to is how upgrades and abilities are set up.

I play MAG so I’m going to use her abilities for my examples.

Currently getting more of the same ability strengthens its effect on a purely statistical notion (as far as I have noticed)

Ex: Pull 1 = X moves Y at range Z === Pull 2 = X moves Y at Range Z+10

This is fine for testing abilities and such, but it really leaves me no desire to acquire more than the first level of each ability. This suggestion is about adding special effects to each level of ability that gives players incentive into upgrading them beyond first level. Also I’m going to include a Supercharge effect only accessible after level 3 and require all of the players Energy and a portion of their health and have a massive cool down. Think of it like extending past your limits.

Let’s Start with Pull:

Pull should no longer be called Pull, Call it "Flux" or something else. Its primary ability should function two ways. When a player presses 1, MAG readies the ability to be used, if the Player then presses Left Mouse MAG uses Pull. If the player presses right mouse, MAG uses Push.

-Primarily this allows more versatility with the ability. Not only can you Pull enemies closer, you can push ones you don't want so close away, allowing "Flux" to act as an offense and defense ability for MAG.

Level 1: Should act as it does now. Enemies affected by "Flux" are Pushed or Pulled along the floor retaining their footing but are stunned at the end of the ability.

Level 2: Enemies are pushed or pulled further along the ground but Ragdoll instead of retaining their footing. This will allow players to push enemies off edges instead of them being stopped by walls; enemies in ragdoll take fall damage. Causes enemies nearby target to stumble but retain footing.

Level 3: Enemies are pushed or pulled even further along the ground and still ragdoll, but can be pulled UP off of the ground from above or pushed up should the player slide below them and use push. This may disarm the enemy if possible having them resort to a sidearm. Enemies nearby Target are pushed or pulled along the ground a shorter distance but retain footing. Small stumble for them at end of ability.

Supercharge: If Pull is used, up to 5 enemies are pulled towards the player then quickly pushed away, severing them in half (or massive damage). The lower part stays near the player while the upper part goes flying away. If Push is used up 5 enemies are pushed with incredible force in the direction faced. Any collision with objects results in massive damage and total pulpage.

Not only does this allow the player to be far more versatile with this ability, this certainly makes me want higher levels of the ability. If necessary make it cost more Energy. The supercharge would make me giggle, since the cost is so high for supercharge it seems reasonable.

Shield Polarize:

This is a difficult ability to add differing effects to for me. Ideas would be appreciated.

Level 1: Target will lose or gain shield depending on target.

Level 2: Target will gain or lose shield depending on enemy or ally. Proximity to original target affects shield gained or lost.

Level 3: Target will gain or lose shield depending on enemy or ally. Proximity to original target effects shield gained or lost to a lesser extent. Allies targeted by Polarize will gain a temporary shield boost equal to X% of their current shield.

Supercharge: Going to need help with this one. All enemies affected have their shields destroyed entirely with no ability to recharge and are stunned (exceptions in bosses perhaps) Allies have their shields doubled for a decent duration and are only lost when damaged back to normality.

I think the addition of an AOE style ability here seems to work well as part of a support for MAG. Makes her a bit more of a team player. That and the overcharged shield seem awesome.

Bullet Attractor:

Level 1: Target becomes magnetized so bullets change direction and go towards the target.

Level 2: Target becomes magnetized so bullets change direction, grenades roll and rockets alter course near the target.

Level 3: Target becomes magnetized so bullets change direction, grenades roll and rockets alter course near the target and nearby enemies are dragged closer and closer to magnetized target. This can be escaped by faster enemies.

Supercharge: Target becomes a center of magnetic mass and flux alternating repelling and attracting bullets causing anything caught in its AOE orb of doom to cause massive Damage over Time. The More bullets thrown into the orb the more damage done. Lasts for Preset Duration.

Crush:

Should no longer be called crush. Should have a new name. Works in the same manner as the new push. Player uses ability and MAG readies it. If Left Mouse is pressed the target Implodes. If right mouse is pressed the target explodes causing AoE Damage.

Level 1: If left mouse is pressed, targets bones become attracted by each other and target is crushed or damaged massively.

Level 2: If left mouse is pressed, targets bones become attracted by each other and target is crushed or damaged massively. If right mouse is pressed the target becomes a biological shrapnel grenade since his entire being is repulsed by itself, causing it to explode and do AOE damage to nearby enemies

Level 3: If left mouse is pressed, targets bones become attracted by each other and target is crushed or damaged massively Ignores Shields and does more damage. If right mouse is pressed the target becomes a biological shrapnel grenade since his entire being is repulsed by itself, causing it to explode and do AOE damage to nearby enemies Explosion is far greater.

Supercharge: If left mouse is pressed, targets bones become attracted by each other and target is crushed or damaged massively nearby enemies are affected as well. If right mouse is pressed the target becomes a biological shrapnel grenade since his entire being is repulsed by itself, causing it to explode and do AOE damage to nearby enemies. If AOE damage kills enemies this process is repeated with newly dead enemies. Can Chain Up to X amount of times.

Well this one can just get messy and fun. Adds a great single target and crowd control ability

That what I think would make each ability far more exciting. I know I only did mag but use this template here for other frames:

FRAME NAME

Ability 1:

Here are notes on what mechanics you want changed about the ability.

Level 1:

Level 2:

Level 3:

Supercharge:

Here are notes on what you think this adds to this frame

Ability 2:

Level 1:

Level 2:

Level 3:

Supercharge:

Ability 3:

Level 1:

Level 2:

Level 3:

Supercharge:

Ability 4:

Level 1:

Level 2:

Level 3:

Supercharge:

Here are notes on what you think this adds to this frame.

Well in conclusion I hope you all enjoyed the idea and I would love it if you were to discuss it! Remember the devs have the final say in eveything so don't get too picky with your ideas. Keep it clean and have fun!