Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nexus App

(XBOX)IroncladFool597

The companion app is nice to have but is missing a lot of potential. The codex should reflect every bit of information available in game. The player should be able to pretty much control everything about his gaming experience remotely aside from actually completing missions. The inventory and foundry need some serious help. WARFRAME STATS AND MOD EDITS need to be available I would like to know what my warframes stats are without actually having to go in game.

Cant disagree about the codex bit.

What do you mean by "control everything about his gaming experience remotely?" This is vague and can mean different things to different people without clarification.

What is wrong with the way the foundry and inventory works? Saying "Its broke, fix it" doesn't help anyone at all.

Why do you need to be able to remod your weapons/frames from the app? Thats a rather useless bit.

Seeing the current stats of things in your arsenal and the stats without mods Id agree to, no reason why not, but again, not really seeing a reason why in the first place.

To be specific:

As far as the inventory I mean it should be laid out like in game with the it "show all" and then filter down instead of having to select a category in which a lot of stuff I want to find doeant have a category available. You should also be able to sell items.

The foundry works like I said but should be made with a gridview vs. Listview can pack more information about each item rather than trying to remember what something is (not that big of a deal but would be nice)

You should be able to buy missing items on the fly since everything is platinum based and not actually buying items from each platforms store so that shouldnt be an issue given you have the platinum already.

As far as the stats because personally I think about stuff usually after it doesn't matter and if I am thinking of what I can do with a specific warframe I would like to be able to just pull up on my phone what mods and stats are already there so I can further think about it without having to remember I had earlier in the day until I'm actually on game again.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)IroncladFool597 said:

To be specific:

As far as the inventory I mean it should be laid out like in game with the it "show all" and then filter down instead of having to select a category in which a lot of stuff I want to find doeant have a category available. You should also be able to sell items.

The foundry works like I said but should be made with a gridview vs. Listview can pack more information about each item rather than trying to remember what something is (not that big of a deal but would be nice)

You should be able to buy missing items on the fly since everything is platinum based and not actually buying items from each platforms store so that shouldnt be an issue given you have the platinum already.

As far as the stats because personally I think about stuff usually after it doesn't matter and if I am thinking of what I can do with a specific warframe I would like to be able to just pull up on my phone what mods and stats are already there so I can further think about it without having to remember I had earlier in the day until I'm actually on game again.

I think for the inventory system they have it set up as they do now due to the memory draw on loading all your images of your inventory at once. It keeps items secluded until required to be drawn. It also prevents having to scroll so long to find what you need since they can just categorize them first.

Listview works better with a phone screen. Phones are typically held so the long end is going up and down, unlike a typical monitor that goes side to side. Gridview would at most only be able to go 2 grids wide and would scrunch the data down instead of out to the side. This limits how much text DE can put on one line in that setup, and so you'd see more ellipses if they make items with longer names.

it still is buying the items from the platform's store, so it has to adhere to how that platform handles its store.

I think this would then fall to how well the system is set up to interpret the data coming from your account. They could make it take the mods you have on your items, since you can see them in the app already, and apply the stats to the weapon/frame stats above the mod list, but I suppose I wouldn't know how much processing that may take. Suffice to say as it is now it is very simplified and easily displayed on a mobile device with even limited data transfer speeds. It would be nice to see at least the stats, remoding though I personally could do without.

Personally I am a mobile developer I know that the draw rate is not that great vs Listview if you cache it and actually know what you are doing

And buying items in store via platinum is not buying it from the platform. The only thing that you buy from the platforms store is the platinum/platinum bundle. Given the platinum is already purchased there is no issue since everything else is "in house" of the Warframe servers.