Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Time Players And Hardcore Dont Mix

paul62626

so i was just playing the first level on mercury while it was "hardcore" i join a player in the online match then i noticed he had excal and a braton skana. he was a first time player... he died within 2 seconds of the enemy showing themselves. he then proceeded to disconnect...

maybe as a first time player make it so they cant play "hardcore" or maybe remove it from the first lvl play through...

Just looking out for the fellow tenno

I agree with this. Notice the options for Online, Private, Invite Only, and Solo. I think there should be an entirely seperate slot for Nightmare mode, it would allow even advanced players who don't want to deal with the added challenge to go on through the game.

lol indeed. I know that The mode won't go nightmare if in the loby, all the players don't have it.

Also, the higher level players should at least  keep their session private.

But yes, there should be a requirement to enter nightmare mode.

The original thought was that people wont have to play nightmare their first play through..

that model fell apart given that some people will like a mission and want to re-run it, then get slaughtered. There have been threads on that.

I really agree with you guys, but i also think when the weekend is done and DE gets back to their desks (or if you guys have been working this whole time, sorry for the assumption!), there will be some big fixes coming, because there are some serious broken stuff going on, as evident by the 50 morphics and control modules people have, and the stalkers killing people in the intro scene

I thought nightmare mode is not playable if you are mastery 0. Didn't know that could be bypassed by going online with someone that can.

Edit: well, someone had the same thoughts it seems. Maybe the bypass is indeed a bug.

Edited by HellEnforcer

Yes, nightmare requirement is totally bypassed if one of the squad has it. We went in on a mission yesterday with a guy from the forums who's high level. Our first run on the planet, and it was nightmare mode. We chose the planet, he voted last, it still went to nightmare despite there being no skull for us.

At present time I feel that these random Nightmare Mode markers are not a good way to go about the game and may run the risk of simply damaging the overall experience; especially for new players!

In my opinion the player should be allowed to decide if they want to run a mission on Regular or Nightmare, with Nightmare only available to players with a reasonable amount of experience; not this complete mess where missions change into Nightmare Mode at random.

As such I believe that the best way to achieve this is for DE to give players a Regular-Nightmare option/checkbox; either before starting each individual mission or an overall checkbox on the starmap. Also I think DE should not allow a player to choose Nightmare Mode until they have reached a certain Mastery Rank.

2m4vwox.png

EDIT: Added crude image showing what I mean

Edited by Danakar