The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pro Tips

Omegarick

Question

I decided to start a tips topic, so please read. If you find a tip that isn't true, or is no longer true/fixed, please kindly correct the poster. Make sure you've thoroughly researched the tip before you post it. I will put useful ones up here too. I'll start us off.

1.Excalibur's Javelin Throw IS affected by Mag's Bullet Attractor, and can work wonders vs bosses/very high level enemies. (thebearcalvary)

2. Shooting an antimatter drop before it explodes adds more damage to it.

3. When matching the symbols (polarities) of a mod, in the top right corner, they will be halved, if not matched, they will take more mod capacity. Use forma to change polarities.

4. Loki's radial disarm will cause MOAs to pop out a stun stick and kick you!

5. Ogris won't pop Saryn's venom spores (Dasmir)

6. Pressure Point only affects regular melee damage, while Killing Blow only affects melee charge damage. It is usually good to go for just one or the other, and then stack other mods accordingly. (thebearcalvary)

7. Study the abilities of any warframes you craft at http://warframe.wiki.../wiki/Warframes to learn how your new powers work and are affected by different mods. Some choices are not easily obvious. (for example: Continuity, not Range, affects the distance on a Excalibur's Slash Dash and Rhino's Charge) (thebearcalvary)

8. It is usually more productive and efficient to have a fewer mods at high levels, than an assortment of various low level mods. (thebearcalvary)

9. If you have a decent team, Kappa on Sedna, and Kiste on Ceres (slightly harder) are ideal places for leveling up warframes and weapons, as well as gaining new mods. You'll want to bring at least a frame or two with powerful crowd control and/or a frost with snow globe equipped. (thebearcalvary)

10. When fighting infested, Saryn's Molt should be cast while jumping to allow the molt to avoid taking damage from most infested while still attracting their attention.

11. Nyx vs infested tips:

* Mind controlling a toxic ancient will cause his toxins to only cause damage to fellow enemies...right up until the point he dies, at which point, the toxins will revert to damage Tenno until they disappear

* Mind controlling an ancient healer will allow him to heal both Tenno and Cryopods within his range. Mind controlled enemies can be distinguished by a soft green glow. Prioritize all other other enemies before mind controlled ancient healers. (*while enemies under the effects of mind control will usually only attack fellow enemies, chaos disrupts the control and causes them to focus on merely the closest target)

* Seeing as infested attacks utilize no projectiles, in it's current state, Nyx's Absorb is completely useless against infested.

12. Certain enemies have armor, this can be easily dealt with, with armor penetration, it works well against shield lancers and headshots on the Corpus. Some weapons include armor penetration without the mod.

13. If you jump and slide (drop kick) and hit an enemy mid air, you'll knock them down!

14. The Torid projectiles will stick to walls and pretty much anything from enemies to team mates. This is useful if a team mate is about to get crowded, toss a projectile on him.

Please post more, as I find more I will too.

Edited by Rickman108

20 answers to this question

Polarizing a rank 30 weapon/warframe resets it to rank 0, but that's not at all what your first point says and has nothing to do with potatoing either.

No, no that's not what I'm talking about, I forma'd a weapon with a potato in it and it was gone after, could have been a bug. You said 'not sure where you got that from' so I said 'experience'.

Edited by Rickman108

I had the same thing happen to me when I forma'd my paris so chill out people, if it didn't happen to you, it may have been a bug and they fixed it before you forma'd or it only happens on specific items. 

but I'm leery now to forma anything else because of that. 

don't just say it didn't happen, you didn't know the stats before hand, like I said, it may not have happened to you but happened to Rick and me, so don't say it won't happen cause it did. 

1. When fighting corpus, I find Volt to be more suitable as his electric abilities tend to be a bit more effective (just personally what I see) 

2. When playing infested if you have Loki, use Decoy (very effective against infested, especially going up against a swarm with a few ancients included). 

3. If you want to be more stealthy I'd recommend Ash, or at least a Shade with Ghost applied, also Revenge (So the sentinel won't attack the enemies unless attacked, that way you can sneak up on them, unlike my cousin's Death Cube) 

4. If you find continuity mods and/or Flow mods, use them if you can, they help out with your energy level and duration of the ability 

Some tips that were not quickly apparent to me:

1. Avoid fusing mods of different polarities to each other:

* identical mods have a 100% fusion conversion

* same polarity: 50% fusion efficiency

* different polarity: 25% fusion efficiency

(an exception can be made for common Power and Precept polarity mods (warframe and sentinel abilities), which most users will have excessive copies of)

2. Pressure Point only affects regular melee damage, while Killing Blow only affects melee charge damage. It is usually good to go for just one or the other, and then stack other mods accordingly.

3. Nyx vs infested tips:

* Mind controlling a toxic ancient will cause his toxins to only cause damage to fellow enemies...right up until the point he dies, at which point, the toxins will revert to damage Tenno until they disappear

* Mind controlling an ancient healer will allow him to heal both Tenno and Cryopods within his range. Mind controlled enemies can be distinguished by a soft green glow. Prioritize all other other enemies before mind controlled ancient healers. (*while enemies under the effects of mind control will usually only attack fellow enemies, chaos disrupts the control and causes them to focus on merely the closest target)

* Seeing as infested attacks utilize no projectiles, in it's current state, nyx's Absorb is completely useless against infested.

4. Study the abilities of any warframes you craft at http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes to learn how your new powers work and are affected by different mods. Some choices are not easily obvious. (for example: Continuity, not Range, affects the distance on a Excalibur's Slash Dash and Rhino's Charge)

5. It is usually more productive and efficient to have a fewer mods at high levels, than an assortment of various low level mods.

6. If you have a decent team, Kappa on Sedna, and Kiste on Ceres (slightly harder) are ideal places for leveling up warframes and weapons, as well as gaining new mods. You'll want to bring at least a frame or two with powerful crowd control and/or a frost with snow globe equipped.

PS. Rick, you may want to add to your first tip that: Excalibur's Javelin Throw IS affected by Mag's Bullet Attractor, and can work wonders vs bosses/very high level enemies.

PPS: When fighting infested, Saryn's Molt should be cast while jumping to allow the molt to avoid taking damage from most infested while still attracting their attention.

Edited by thebearcavalry

Vauban and Frost in t3 defense:

With Frosts snow globe and vauban's bastille, modded for duration / size, makes high level defense simple.

1. Snow Globe stops all ranged attacks.

2. Bastille stops all melee enemies or those that wonder too close

tl;dr: With three people with max energy syphons, and frost/vauban modded with max continuity / streamline / constitution you can keep bastille / snowglobe up infinity. Only worry is those flying enemies from fusion moas, flying enemies (and rollers) are not affected by bastille.

Pro Bastille tip : all the little sparks around the ball disappear about 3-5 second before it drops enemies, If you keep it in your line of sight you can chain them 

Energy Info (Math warning):

With frost modded with max continuity, constitution, and streamline, 1 person with max energy syphon can sustain snow globe indefinitely as long as no other abilities are used.

Math:

Base energy - 50

Base duration - 30

Moded energy - 50 * 0.7 = 35

Moded duration - 30 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.28) = 49.92 (round for maths sake) = 50

Energy use rate = 35 / 50 = 0.7 (single max energy syphon is 0.8)

With vauban modded with continuity, constitution, and streamline, 3 people need to run max energy syphon to sustain indefinitely with no other abilities used. 

Math:

Base energy - 75

Base duration - 15

Moded energy - 75 * 0.7 = 52.5 (game rounds up) = 53

Moded duration - 15 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.28) = 24.96 (rounding for math) = 25

Energy use rate = 53 / 25 = 2.12 (single max energy syphon is 0.8, three is 2.4)

Note: Bastille lifts the enemies above the lasers reach, solution is when you get a lot of enemy stuck in bastille, just hit all 4 lasers when it drops them, by the time they recover you can laser them and put another bastille up, if you have the timing. 

Sentinal's 4 main Mods have a particular order in which they are activated. I'm talking about the mods with the |- symbol. The order in which they work is as follows, using theh Dethcube as an example

1. Top Left - Guardian - I put this here as having my shields replen is more important than any of the other sentinals abilities.

2. Top Right - Vaporise - If my shields are fine then next most important thing for me is for it to kills things that get too close (great for rollers)

3. Bottom Left - SwiftDeth - If the above to conditions aren't met, then my DethCube can carry on and blast stuff.

4. Bottom Right - Regen - This is the last thing I want it to do, basically if it is about to die, it can't do anything else apart from this.

Anyway, hope that makes sense.