Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix The Burston.

Onite

Its not "OP" You're not giving it more damage. You're just making it so you dont have to pull down to fire your gun. Just like every other gun in the entire game. The gun would still have recoil. Just not through an entire shot. The way it is now, you just pull down while firing as fast as you can. Basically its used like an automatic. And its a burst fire weapon. Thats just broken.

Introduce the Latron to this. Your buff would make it completely obsolete.

Lato, boltor, kunai, Snipetron, Volkar, Braton, MK1 Braton. Just off the top of my head. The recoil settles itself quickly.

lato is a pistol but count ok

kunai dosent count, is a throwing wpn and has 100% accuracy

snipertron cant be fired like a auto, even with max speedtrigger, and even so it has recoil and a low clip to be "auto" smae for vulkar

braton goes of left and right to the top but its quiet accurate even in auto, not like the mk-1 its accuracy is horrible even with the slow firing rate

but you dont answer my first 2 questions

another thread about burston in WEAPON FEEDBACK:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79823-burston/

this thread has kawl drawing

Edited by Depar

well the burston does 90 dmg with pulling the trigger once, and latron does 40

simply question why you use burston if you can handle other guns better, who fit in your playstayle?

In just about every game i play, I actually like burst fire weapons because even with automatic weapons i always usually find myself aiming down sights and using tap or burst firing to conserve ammo while killing enemies. Warframe is one of the only games i've played where the mechanic for burst fire is absolutely terrible. Im also using it because the game forces me to. I cant progress through the game without raising my mastery rank. And the burston like everything else, has to be ranked up in order for me to progress points.

As for the latron vs burston. The burston also consumes 3 times more ammo than the latron per trigger pull. The latron also has better zoom, better accuracy, and performs better at longer ranges. Another benefit to firing only one shot at a time vs burst is having more control in awareness to how much damage you need. Its easier to headshot 3 seperate targets at range, killing them all using only one bullet, than having the burston waste an extra 2 on a corpse then having to re adjust, and do it again and again. The latron does that same job faster and cleaner.

Its a trade off. Pros and cons. A sidegrade. No one gun should just instantly be better than another. Specialization is important.

And i feel like the burston needs to change to be rebalanced for a better role.

Im also using it because the game forces me to. I cant progress through the game without raising my mastery rank. And the burston like everything else, has to be ranked up in order for me to progress points.

Cool story bro...

+1 now we get closer

the burston files a niche, not quiet as good as it could but its a wpn who hits like a truck, and i bet we will see many the next weeks

it got a buff from 9 dmg ! looks small but its a huge impact modded

if we get better accuracy for the burston why useing braton/latron anymore though?

and if we got a accuracy buff there will be a dmg nerf

Edited by Depar

+1 now we get closer

the burston files a niche, not quiet as good as it could but its a wpn who hits like a truck, and i bet we will see many the next weeks

if we get better accuracy for the burston why useing braton/latron anymore though?

Honestly that would be fine with me. A damage nerf in exchange for a buff in firing speed and or recoil. The gun would actually feel like a burst fire rifle.

With formas, there are no more "introductory weapons". Each weapon can be a beast.

The Burston/Sicarus mechanic it's bad. DE seems to want to fuse the advantages of the semi-auto (accuracy) to those of the autos (the sprayness) but what we get its the opposite: fusion of the disadvantages of both.

Put a HUGE recoil after the burst, not during, and you have what you want DE: a deadly precise weapon that cannot be sprayed and need careful skillfull repositioning of crosshair.

Edited by Vanadio

+1 now we get closer

Why use Latron then? Burst fire weapons fire specific amount of bullets, you can't regulate that. Use it on weak enemies - you are wasting ammo. Use it on strong - you deal less dmg per bullet than you could. They are already niche by nature. You wanna control how much bullets you put in every enemy or need sustained fire to bring down shields - go Braton. Wanna more punch per bullet - go Latron. Why do you need such excuse as complicated aiming to justify putting Burston inbetween?

The assumption that late-game weapons should be more powerful than early game weapon is one of the primary failures of ME3's baalance, where at end game it was all Harriers and Talons and Piranhas, because weapons like the Avenger become completely redundant.

This is a failure now? Really? The concept of "Hey, if you want to do well in high level areas you should take these high level weapons" is now a bad one?

F***, me and many other players and developers missed that memo, you got a link to a copy of that?

EDIT: I mean granted I don't think ME3 is that good of an example to use anyway, since with the right specs it was perfectly possible to use an avenger of Gold without sucking, and Warframe has lots more options to improve one's weapon compared to ME3, but still. That statement is just....argh.

Edited by RealityMachina

This is a failure now? Really? The concept of "Hey, if you want to do well in high level areas you should take these high level weapons" is now a bad one?

F***, me and many other players and developers missed that memo, you got a link to a copy of that?

Yes, such concept is a failure, because advertised "hundreds of weapons" lie in a dusty pile, with a select handful being used. That does: a) limit diversity b) wastes  resources. Look at SWTOR for example. They made weapons/armor moddable to the point where you can select style you like and maintain items on par regularly upgrading them. That was awesome, all kinds of designs around.

Edited by Aedwynn

Yes, such concept is a failure, because advertised "hundreds of weapons" lie in a dusty pile, with a select handful being used. That does: a) limit diversity b) wastes  resources. Look at SWTOR for example. They made weapons/armor moddable to the point where you can select style you like and maintain items on par regularly upgrading them. That was awesome, all kinds of designs around.

I see your point. So let the add recoil reductor as brand new mod and all your complains should gone.

Nice pic there. I get it needs change, but they cannot ever make it OP. Its a cheap wep to make. Its more of a starter weapon, not a weapon you take to outer terminus. Get it?

So you're saying that OP is okay so long as it takes time to get? OP is never okay, that's why it stands for Over Powered; as in too much.

The Burston's only real drawback is the fact that this game, combat-wise, is rather mindless. There is no slow, controlled combat where headshots are hard and distance is always a factor. Its a blind mob rush of enemies that can just tear you to pieces if you don't cut them down ASAP. That's why there's so much knockdown in this game. Otherwise you would have one mechanic, see 'x', kill 'x'.

Fully-automatic multi-shooting guns that are not all that accurate but have way more DPS will win out in most cases. The only time the Burston really shines is when you're rushing to the extraction and picking off maybe one or two enemies in your path.

And the current mod + forma polarization system doesn't do relatively the same (minus the customization obviously) for Warframe's earlyish tier of weapons because...

Why use Latron then? Burst fire weapons fire specific amount of bullets, you can't regulate that. Use it on weak enemies - you are wasting ammo. Use it on strong - you deal less dmg per bullet than you could. They are already niche by nature. You wanna control how much bullets you put in every enemy or need sustained fire to bring down shields - go Braton. Wanna more punch per bullet - go Latron. Why do you need such excuse as complicated aiming to justify putting Burston inbetween?

The special thing about burst fire is specifically accuracy. It plays the same role as an automatic's scenario of enemies, except not as well. But compensates by having a greater effect with range. Let me paint you a picture.

__________,,                              -         -

Braton spray.                          //''''''''''''''''''''''''\||            -        -                       -

[||||||||||||||::::::::::::::::::::::|||] -  -          -      -     -                  -

[|||||||/////:::::::::\|||||||||||/:::|/               -                 -          -

'||7            ''''''''                                             -                  

Burston Spray (ideally after recoil fix.)                                                                             

/'''''''''''''[[}                                                      _ -                             _ - 

[|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]=  -=                   -=                      -                              _

*'''''''//^'''''''''''''''''                                              

The things to notice are that the exact same amount of bullets are fired from both guns.

The burston has more space inbetween bursts, but each burst has such a small grouping of bullets.

The group of three shots makes it easier to hit your target. But you still have alot of control with accuracy and the recoil management of bursting.

With the latron, its harder to kill things close to you where as the burston could take them out easier with its burst and faster rate of fire.

Against the braton, the braton would do better at raw DPS simply because of the fully automatic function. This is useful against very tough single targets that are either large or at close range. This is where the burston's restrictions of burst fire would hinder it. Which is a fine weakness compared to its strength of accuracy. They are both ideally similar weapons with slight different advantages. (Or the burston should with a recoil buff/change.)

Do you understand now that it wouldnt retire both the latron or braton?

Edited by Onite

The Burston's only real drawback is the fact that this game, combat-wise, is rather mindless. There is no slow, controlled combat where headshots are hard and distance is always a factor. Its a blind mob rush of enemies that can just tear you to pieces if you don't cut them down ASAP. That's why there's so much knockdown in this game. Otherwise you would have one mechanic, see 'x', kill 'x'.

Fully modded burston will kill any trash mob in one burst to the chest. It is perfect for mob rushes because you just aim for the center mass, click once and mob dies; the whole process being more efficient than spray & pray.

After finally getting to play U9, the only real buff to the Burston was the rate.  I think the damage buff was just to keep it able to drop mobs in one click when levels were increased.

Oh, and the DPS of the Burston is now something like 77% higher than the Braton...

alright scrubs, the burston sucks, just accept it, just like a couple of other weapons becomes rather useless as they don't scale well later on, but this game wants you to level everything up to level 30, and in that sense it wants you to use everything because it should be useful beyond any system its just a weapon it should serve a purpose.

some things do need something, a recoil fix, a penetration bonus or higher crit damage/chance.

whatever it is they need some tweaks.

alright scrubs, the burston sucks, just accept it, just like a couple of other weapons becomes rather useless as they don't scale well later on, but this game wants you to level everything up to level 30, and in that sense it wants you to use everything because it should be useful beyond any system its just a weapon it should serve a purpose.

Here comes a winner... OK, where to start: First of all, stop calling random people you don't know scrubs, I assume it has something to do with your Grand Master badge (oh dear, people like you are on the design council) so let me tell you that throwing money at a game doesn't make your opinion worth anything more than people who spent nothing on the game so please drop the dictating asshat attitude. Second, Burston scales very well because it is ammo efficient and 90 base damage per click is far from trash. Lastly, no weapon is useless when you stick a potato in it and use the right mods. Every weapon is viable in some way, many people use the MK1 Braton late game because of it's ammo efficiency while a Gorgon or Supra will waste a ton of ammo.