Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Network questions

imtooniceforthis

Question

I've battled with this issue for so long now and I don't know what to do. I can barely EVER host a mission because the ping rises sky-high and the game becomes nearly impossible to play. When I host, the ping is guaranteed at least 100, usually more. I have no idea what's causing this since in every other game I play, my internet is fine and no lag caused by connection is noticed. It's only Warframe. There are still missions that go by 80- 90 ping but most of them are sadly over 100.

Just before posting this I checked my network, after playing a match with a ping of 600, that after host migration dropped to nearly 200. So according to speedtest.net, here are the numbers: PING: 31, DOWNLOAD: 46.62 mbps and UPLOAD: 46.85 mbps (see the attached file). I think those numbers are at least average if not the best ones. I should be covered, right?

There's also an image with my in-game settings. I've tried to mess with the settings but can't get a clear answer. I've also tried port-forwarding but I am unable to tell if it's working or not, or even done correctly.

So, can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

DAWqBXmWsAAMv1k.jpg

DAWqOpwXkAAsl-_.jpg

2 answers to this question

your speedtest ping has nothing to do with DE servers ping/location and other players ping/location. Average for many in different games would be around 90-100 ping unless you are sitting right on the developers server farm. As well just because you have decent internet does not mean that your PC can handle the peer-2-peer host session connections as that is more based on the specs of your PC, again this is also going to need to take into account the others in the mission as well on their PCs.

Okay, yeah, I see your point. So I'm just about stuck with all this and unless in the future I upgrade the crap outta my PC (it's good now but it can always be better, tbh). And yeah, there are others playing the game and they might have issues that cause me to have issues. Or maybe one beautiful day, DE does something magical to the servers and makes it all better for everyone.