Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Alerts: Rescue and Spy - Extra dialog and crossfire

Stantious

Just finished an Infested Rescue Alert that took place on a Corpus tileset. I've encountered this multiple times, but finally thought of what could be done. I don't know exactly how Alerts are made, but the problem is, whatever process creates these can miss-match a faction and a tileset. The normal Infested Rescue found at Brugia, Eris, involves running through the Infested Corpus Ship tileset, dodging lasers, and destroying tumor nodes to free the prisoner. Unfortunately, Rescue and Spy missions created by Alerts are sometimes put on a random planet with a random tileset, which more often than not, creates a mission where the Tenno is fighting through a sea of Infested, only to find a locked door to their objective, and within is not the Infested, but tileset faction wardens chillin', acting like the Infested haven't swarmed their base. While functionally, the mission is fine, immersion wise it's incredibly broken.

How can this be fixed? Add some dialog from Lotus and make it a crossfire mission. The Tenno is informed as they enter a mission like this that the Corpus/Grineer base is being overrun, and valuable data/a prisoner will be lost if not extracted. Then, you enter a mission that has the tileset's faction fighting off infested, but also the Tenno, who is trying to steal/extract their objective before it's lost to the Infested.

Just a small tweak, couple lines of dialog, nothing major. I just get a little frustrated when I enter an Infested mission to find a different faction unfazed by what's going on around them.