Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Earning Platinum

Skarmax

I really hope not, I mean everyone wants free plat but by making players waste a even a minute doing chores for plat outside the game is when a game dies. It´s the worst thing you can do to a game. Then I´d rather they started having a "clean your room contest" every week where one winner gets 20 plat for having the cleanest room, or the "do the dishes" contests. 

Earning Platinum, i have only one idea, everytime you level up, you earn 3 platinum.How does that sound?

Actually, TBH, that makes a lot more sense than the original idea. That's too small to -really- be significant but it lets you get -something- over time. It would need to be retroactive though, IMO, for all the people who are already well into the game with ranks.

I think gaining a small amount of plat per Mastery rank would make the most sense. Maybe 20 plat per rank? Enough for a Catalyst or Forma, nothing more.

Otherwise, gaining Mastery ranks really doesn't do much other than unlock a couple of weapons/warframes - which isn't really much in the end.

Edited by Niavlys77

You guys are a bunch of crybabies. Plenty of games dong this now and much of them are still around, alive and kicking. Stop hating on free players that want to support this game w/o breaking the bank or paying a dime.

So what if they get free cash shop items.

Big babies...Always want players to suffer along with you. As soon as players can acquire things easily that you worked hard for you start crying about it.

it's just a game.

Hey guys,

I woult like to suggest to add a possibility to earn platinum via partners like Peanut Labs and Sponsorpay. This would be great, if it could be implemented

Nope!

You ask why? Does people dont do that just for fun, they have to bring food for there families on the table too.

Hey guys,

I woult like to suggest to add a possibility to earn platinum via partners like Peanut Labs and Sponsorpay. This would be great, if it could be implemented

No. I don't want a game I play to be affilliated with crap telemarketers that are spamming advertisements. I guarentee this is a recipie for disaster since it would cause adults like me to leave the game.

Go get a job or do some chores if you want a few bucks to buy platnum with kids; then again this game is not marketing to 7 year olds that couldn't get a job right lol.

No. I don't want a game I play to be affilliated with crap telemarketers that are spamming advertisements. I guarentee this is a recipie for disaster since it would cause adults like me to leave the game.

Go get a job or do some chores if you want a few bucks to buy platnum with kids; then again this game is not marketing to 7 year olds that couldn't get a job right lol.

That has never happened with any game I've seen offer free cash shop money for surveys. And I have seen a lot of game do that.

You guys are a bunch of crybabies. Plenty of games dong this now and much of them are still around, alive and kicking. Stop hating on free players that want to support this game w/o breaking the bank or paying a dime.

So what if they get free cash shop items.

Big babies...Always want players to suffer along with you. As soon as players can acquire things easily that you worked hard for you start crying about it.

it's just a game.

Points finger at "crybabies", while simultaneously requesting free plat - nature of request may be summed up as "WAAAH! I WANT FREE PLAT!"

Talk of players suffering because they have no plat. Then states that "it's just a game".

Warning: contradiction overload imminent.

My god they already give platinum away as it is. NO , no, and did I say no. Get a job or ask your mom nicely.

no need to be offensive. I got a job and earn enough, but i dont want to spend money on "free to play games"

Plat is the monetization for this game. It pays the bills. Having a way to get it for in-game activities beyond purchasing it is not sound business. Contrary to popular belief game devs need to eat too. Also surveys kill a f2p game, you know its gone down hill when the only way they have to make money is having you fill out surveys and the like.

F2P games are not a charity business. It is just another form of monetization, a much more successful one as well if it is competently.

Edited by ler110

You can in the future earn Plat by selling mods so surveys is not needed. This is actually a better way to earn free plat. Just by selling mods. interesting. Wonder how it works and if he had suggested it, would you guys be all over his case like you are now.

How do you guys feel about earning Plat by selling mods for Plat?

this is in the works right now.

no need to be offensive. I got a job and earn enough, but i dont want to spend money on "free to play games"

It's not so bad if you wait till a 50% off offer to buy Plat and only buy slots and maybe one or two colors and if you want a few sentinel equips. Yo don't have t buy plat after that as 1000 Plat goes along way for $25. You are however paying to have more warframes and new character DLCs are more expensive. look at Street fighter Ultra or Ultra Street Fighter, but you get more than just characters. The colors would just be like alternate costumes and everything else is free.

So it's not so bad as other games when buying plat half off.

Buy cash shop funds half off but for only trivial things that won't break the bank is not so bad anyway. Just buy space and thats it.

Anyway, free plat is coming.

Plat is the monetization for this game. It pays the bills. Having a way to get it for in-game activities beyond purchasing it is not sound business. Contrary to popular belief game devs need to eat too. Also surveys kill a f2p game, you know its gone down hill when the only way they have to make money is having you fill out surveys and the like.

F2P games are not a charity business. It is just another form of monetization, a much more successful one as well if it is competently.

Many f2p game with surveys are still running. Do your research.

You can in the future earn Plat by selling mods so surveys is not needed. This is actually a better way to earn free plat. Just by selling mods. interesting. Wonder how it works and if he had suggested it, would you guys be all over his case like you are now.

How do you guys feel about earning Plat by selling mods for Plat?

this is in the works right now.

I much rather sell mods for plat, then my cell number, email, house address, and name to some unknown company, who for all I know could sell said information to another trustworthy company, who could in turn use name information to spam me with spam mail, telemarketer calls, and junk mail.

Many f2p game with surveys are still running. Do your research.

yeah, but let me ask you this, is the only way to get free "plat/gold/zen/in game cash" is through these surveys? It's not a question on rather or not f2p games are still running or not.  I don't know about anyone else, but for me, it's mostly the surveys and the companies you're doing surveys for. Some of those surveys ask for information that shouldn't be asked for. 

Some if not most of us aren't saying no because we think it's going to destroy Warframe, it's more of we just flat out don't want scam surveys.

Edited by Weird_Stealth